Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

WillowTreeFarm Jan 17 2015 05:17 PM

I love the flower harvester, tree harvester and tree chopper about equally. When I advertise in the market that I do trees or flowers I get hired fairly quickly. The turbo boat for fishing is important too.

SPOTSROCK Jan 18 2015 08:41 AM

TY for your input WillowTreeFarm ..

Pamgow Jan 18 2015 12:39 PM

Spotsrock, you did not indicate what level you were at, only that you wanted to "catch up" in levels (whatever that means). You get 1 farm cash each time you level up and there are currently 600 levels in the game (and between levels 375 and 400 you get 2 farm cash when you level up) which means that you have 625 FC that you can earn simply by leveling up. What you need to decide first is how you want the direction of your farm to go. If you your goal is simply to level up and you don't work outside the home, then I'd plant lots of 2 and 4 hour crops to harvest and sell at the market to get coins quickly and the farming tools (plow, harvester, shaker) can help you do this faster. For me, a fertilizer is worth its weight in gold because it doubles your crops, but to use it you need a pig sty and lots of pigs. I obtained my pigs by exchanging every gift for a pig for several months and the pig sty is available in the store for coins. I'm only interested in the first two fertilizers. I consider a sprinkle worth it's weight in gold also. The first FC sprinkler only waters flowers, but the second waters crops also and reduces the growing time. The semi truck is another necessary item as that is where you get you meats from and other items such as leather and carbonated water. A turbo boat is also necessary if you want to do a lot of fishing. I only have the green boat now, but turbo is on the list of items over the next 100 levels. I don't consider the big farm tools a necessity since the coin ones do well for my farm and when I hire out I can request to use the employers tools. To use tools, however, you will need fuel. Begin now by placing an oil well on every farm and saving up the oil. I would make my first factory a an Oil Manufacturing factory and would also purchase the petrochemical plant. Two factories you cannot do without and progress in the game very quickly. Buy as many farms as you can comfortably afford but don't overspend. Keep saving coins as you will need them to expand your farms. I don't spend farm cash to expand farms (except for farm 3...if you don't have 30 neighbors you will need to shell out 40 FC to purchase it). The rest of the game is pretty much up to you and the direction you want to go. Happy Farming.

dawnsrockn Jan 20 2015 05:35 PM

Hiring for planting crops

For those of us that get busy, or simply don't like to plant our crops, how about being able to hire people to plant our crops for us? When the hiring process is chosen, have a place where you can fill in what the person wants planted, or make it where the employer has to go back to the farm to let the employee know the details. This would give exp and cash for the job like harvesting and plowing and of course allowing them to use the employers tools/fuel :) . I think it would help alot of people level up, make money, and bring some much needed changes to the hiring process.

Taz D Jan 20 2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnsrockn (Post 5921902)
For those of us that get busy, or simply don't like to plant our crops, how about being able to hire people to plant our crops for us? When the hiring process is chosen, have a place where you can fill in what the person wants planted, or make it where the employer has to go back to the farm to let the employee know the details. This would give exp and cash for the job like harvesting and plowing and of course allowing them to use the employers tools/fuel :) . I think it would help alot of people level up, make money, and bring some much needed changes to the hiring process.

Hi Dawn,
Please put your Suggestion in the Suggestion section where the developers wioll be more likely to see it. You cannot start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

Alexm2012 Jan 21 2015 09:55 PM

Weekly updates

Hi all im just starting this new thread to see if anyone would be as interested as me if we got a weekly podcast from the dev's or moderators about what's coming soon and what they are doing constantly to make our game even better for us! If we can get quite a bit interest in this then i'm sure they will notice us!! :d

at least then we can be prepared for big updates and releases

Taz D Jan 21 2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexm2012 (Post 5922326)
Hi all im just starting this new thread to see if anyone would be as interested as me if we got a weekly podcast from the dev's or moderators about what's coming soon and what they are doing constantly to make our game even better for us! If we can get quite a bit interest in this then i'm sure they will notice us!! :d

Hi Alex,
I moved your thread to the General Feedback forum as it does not contain a question or problem that needs help or support. I already answered your other post about this.
I can tell you right now that the moderators can't do this because we don't know any more about what is coming than you do. And the developers don't say until it is released.

Dutch85 Jan 22 2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexm2012 (Post 5922326)

I don't understand quite what you are saying about the devs and mods noticing us. I have never had a problem getting the mods attention. As far as knowing what's coming in the next release....I LOVE surprises. I like NOT knowing what's coming. I like the anticipation and wondering what will be in the next release.:D

Shellgirlmtl Jan 22 2015 09:24 PM

Snow roof patches

Sorry, I didn't know where to post this so I started a new thread... Please let me know if you move it...
My question is why are the Snow Roof Patches, which were introduced this past Christmas, considered seasonal???... They should go in the Winter section in the store... Valentine is next month, and we in Canada, still have snow Feb 14... I went to the store to buy more of the Snow Patches for my Valentine Farm and obviously, didn't find any... we should be able to buy them all year round, not just at Christmas...

Thank you...

P.S. As always, great update!!!... Love this game!!!...

Taz D Jan 22 2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellgirlmtl (Post 5922762)
Sorry, I didn't know where to post this so I started a new thread... Please let me know if you move it...
My question is why are the Snow Roof Patches, which were introduced this past Christmas, considered seasonal???... They should go in the Winter section in the store... Valentine is next month, and we in Canada, still have snow Feb 14... I went to the store to buy more of the Snow Patches for my Valentine Farm and obviously, didn't find any... we should be able to buy them all year round, not just at Christmas...

Thank you...

P.S. As always, great update!!!... Love this game!!!...

Hi Shellgirlmtl,
You would be better off putting your suggestion in the Suggestions section where the developers will be more likely to see it. You cannot start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread in that section which fits your suggestion.

firegold flames Jan 25 2015 07:44 AM

May I have a clarification with poster ? I want to ask the OP , are you suggesting about more weekly updates or do you mean updates every weeks because our moderators as what Taz had mentioned , i need not say it again ? Our Mods keep us inform once there is updates changes and etc . I prefer monthly updates rather weekly update if you are talking about it .So can you seek an answer so we can hear .

beautysmom Jan 25 2015 09:49 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. What is it that you are asking for?

Grammy 11 Jan 26 2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPOTSROCK (Post 5920538)
i want to spend my FC wisely for making my farming easier and quicker ... what tool can you not live without ... . .?

I want to catch up in levels so am working on what is the easiest way to do so .. TIA ..

My favorite is the fishing boat. One-click on each body of water is terrific.

firegold flames Jan 27 2015 06:08 AM

I will say fishing boat is my useful tool. But i will recommend you the plowing and seeding tool because when you plow it give you xp and give a head up in leveling and you need to calculate in respective data sheet shown in guide data sheet thread.

Dulcinea Jan 27 2015 01:34 PM

The first cash tool I bought was the Manure Spreader because it seemed the most practical. Why get only one box per plot when you can get two?

jfedwards Jan 28 2015 01:30 PM

helping friends but their farms not wanna load.

please help tell me what to do or whats going on....when i click to help work at at a friends facilities, it will come out and hire me... but it only fills in 1 farm..i then go bk out and redo their farm help hing and run my cleaner but sometimes it still takes up to 4-5 or more attempts to get their extra farms open..it just opens to maybe 1 farm... by then when it does finally load all, you have lost all the extra you would have got......check this out and help us...

marymarcel Jan 28 2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfedwards (Post 5924430)
please help tell me what to do or whats going on....when i click to help work at at a friends facilities, it will come out and hire me... but it only fills in 1 farm..i then go bk out and redo their farm help hing and run my cleaner but sometimes it still takes up to 4-5 or more attempts to get their extra farms open..it just opens to maybe 1 farm... by then when it does finally load all, you have lost all the extra you would have got......check this out and help us...

Hi jfedwards:)

Try to enter the farms with everything hidden so they should load faster.

Also try the memcache (link below) to clear your game memory. You'll see a list of unsettings. Close that window and the farm if it is open. Then clear your browser cache and close it. Reopen and check if the farms load for you.:)

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

jfedwards Jan 29 2015 03:59 PM

thanks marymarcell, did all that....just gonna be 1 of them things i guess that some have happen and some not..

Colleen2009 Feb 10 2015 01:06 AM

Is There Going to be More Levels or is Level 600 the End

Was wondering if there are going to be any new levels. Been on Level 600 for almost a month (along with most of my neighbors on farmtown). Since we aren't able to advance we are all working now for the experience points and coins. Unable to get farm cash like before and be able to upgrade tools. Seems like the only way we can now get farm cash is by doing the regular quests and co-op quests.

Taz D Feb 10 2015 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colleen2009 (Post 5928230)
Was wondering if there are going to be any new levels. Been on Level 600 for almost a month (along with most of my neighbors on farmtown). Since we aren't able to advance we are all working now for the experience points and coins. Unable to get farm cash like before and be able to upgrade tools. Seems like the only way we can now get farm cash is by doing the regular quests and co-op quests.

Hi Colleen,
Typically new levels are added every 3 months. Whether there are going to be any new levels beyond 600 only the developers know and they do not tell us until they are released.

Petuniaflower Feb 12 2015 12:03 PM

Bonus annoucements

I am calling them annoucements,because at the moment I can't think of anything else.

I had two bonus's appear today one right after another,behind the black loading bar.They came and went so fast,I didn't have a chance to even see what they were.:( Slow down PLEASE I am not as quick as I once was.I am sure I am not the only one that this happens to.

I am now wondering what were they,were they something I really needed.:confused: OH WELL

Tiger Feb 12 2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5929058)
I am calling them annoucements,because at the moment I can't think of anything else.

I had two bonus's appear today one right after another,behind the black loading bar.They came and went so fast,I didn't have a chance to even see what they were.:( Slow down PLEASE I am not as quick as I once was.I am sure I am not the only one that this happens to.

I am now wondering what were they,were they something I really needed.:confused: OH WELL

Hi Petuniaflower,

Are you using the Start All in the Facility Manager? That will happen if you do that. If there's a particular bonus you are waiting for. . . Go to that facility Check if it's due a bonus post, if it is start the product, then wait, or click a few times on the farm, it should bring the bonus post up.

Petuniaflower Feb 12 2015 12:10 PM

yes Tiger I use the start all I will go try and see what I can do HE HE Which might not be much :D

GRB Feb 12 2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5929066)
yes Tiger I use the start all I will go try and see what I can do HE HE Which might not be much :D

This happens to me every time with the start all, You could always click on it (if you are fast enough, LOL, as it does go away quick) and if you don't think it worthy of posting just hit cancel

Joleneb Feb 14 2015 01:56 PM

Advantages and Disadvantages to getting Neighbors

I would like to hear what you think the advantages and disadvantages of becoming neighbors with someone verses just being a buddy to hiring for jobs?

If someone is a lower level does it help them more to become neighbors or not? Thanks in advance.

marymarcel Feb 14 2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joleneb (Post 5930270)
I would like to hear what you think the advantages and disadvantages of becoming neighbors with someone verses just being a buddy to hiring for jobs?

If someone is a lower level does it help them more to become neighbors or not? Thanks in advance.

Hi Joleneb:)

I moved your post to General Feedback, so you can receive ideas and suggestions from other members.

Tuckertbnc Feb 14 2015 06:15 PM

Question about Ingredients

I just noticed my walnuts were getting low and started exchanging my gifts for the trees ... So I checked to see where the walnuts were being used .. Why does pistachio pudding need walnuts ???

Taz D Feb 14 2015 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckertbnc (Post 5930382)
I just noticed my walnuts were getting low and started exchanging my gifts for the trees ... So I checked to see where the walnuts were being used .. Why does pistachio pudding need walnuts ???

Hi Tuckertbnc,
Guess they have a different recipe for that than you do. :)

momgrantoo Feb 15 2015 04:04 PM

farms

I was wondering why the farms are costing billons of coins instead of the millions which would let me continuing to expand to more farms. I really believe this would be helpful to many and if we could buy from gifting page as needed for those of us don't seem to get from neighbors tyvm momgrantoo

Taz D Feb 15 2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momgrantoo (Post 5930854)
I was wondering why the farms are costing billons of coins instead of the millions which would let me continuing to expand to more farms. I really believe this would be helpful to many and if we could buy from gifting page as needed for those of us don't seem to get from neighbors tyvm momgrantoo

Hi Momgrantoo,
You would be better off putting your suggestion in the Suggestion section rather than feedback. The developers will be more likely to see it there. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

Lion's Heart Feb 22 2015 03:16 AM

I have laptop, and huh, it's really 'hard' work with this. But, I'm realise that is much faster and better if I increase the view of browser on 120%. Then is much faster.

angel_oo00oo Feb 22 2015 07:26 AM

Move train

I'm re-designing a farm but I cant move my train.

marymarcel Feb 22 2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel_oo00oo (Post 5933850)
I'm re-designing a farm but I cant move my train.

Hi angel:)

Is your train dispatched? If it is, then you need to wait for it to go back, unload it and then you will be able to move your train.:)

angel_oo00oo Feb 22 2015 06:19 PM

Move train

Thank you for your help.:)

katrina719 Feb 22 2015 09:22 PM

I work on a 4 year old laptop, with fast cable wifi connection and strictly Chrome the only browser that can take a beating. Forget FF... slow as molasses regardless of its "best browser" rating. Not for gaming!

I voluntarily reboot my modem once a week, in order to stay afloat the game.
I have friends for many years whose farms I have not seen in a year at least.Will not work their facs cause it's not worth the reboot of the frozen laptop.

True, everyone can do what they want with their farms. Just don't ask me to help.
One thing is for sure.
Unless we invest in dual screens soon or Raul can connect each farm to one another... I don't know how the game can keep going on additions.

Rainelogan Feb 23 2015 10:30 AM

8 months away and nothing's changed.

as others have lamented time and time again there are just not enough hours in a day to play this game to its fullest extent. even with the fastest computers, best browsers and plenty of ram ... unless you only have small one dimensional farms and all your neighbours do too ... the game is too slow to load so you're spending more time waiting for farms to load than you are actually playing.

i stopped playing nearly a year ago due to other priorities though it had always been my intention to come back when i could. i never even meant to stay away for so long but the prospect of coming back to the ever-growing time-sucking aspects of this game were so daunting that i dragged my heels a bit hence my short hiatus turned into nearly a gap-year.

i came back tonight thinking surely after all these months the issue of how time-consuming this game is would have been addressed by now. if they can't do anything about the slow loading then surely they'd stop making farms bigger or they'd give us tools and features / incentives to get the work done faster right? wrong ...

in fact it's quite the opposite. i read through 8 months worth of updates and there's not a single thing in any of them that gets me excited or lessens the workload in this game. i use to think the developers did this on purpose because their business model was only focused on generating an income and that i can respect. but now it seems more apparent they're stuck in a rut and don't have a creative idea among them.

shame. it was good while it lasted.

Qivis Feb 23 2015 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainelogan (Post 5934402)
as others have lamented time and time again there are just not enough hours in a day to play this game to its fullest extent. even with the fastest computers, best browsers and plenty of ram ... unless you only have small one dimensional farms and all your neighbours do too ... the game is too slow to load so you're spending more time waiting for farms to load than you are actually playing.

i stopped playing nearly a year ago due to other priorities though it had always been my intention to come back when i could. i never even meant to stay away for so long but the prospect of coming back to the ever-growing time-sucking aspects of this game were so daunting that i dragged my heels a bit hence my short hiatus turned into nearly a gap-year.

i came back tonight thinking surely after all these months the issue of how time-consuming this game is would have been addressed by now. if they can't do anything about the slow loading then surely they'd stop making farms bigger or they'd give us tools and features / incentives to get the work done faster right? wrong ...

in fact it's quite the opposite. i read through 8 months worth of updates and there's not a single thing in any of them that gets me excited or lessens the workload in this game. i use to think the developers did this on purpose because their business model was only focused on generating an income and that i can respect. but now it seems more apparent they're stuck in a rut and don't have a creative idea among them.

shame. it was good while it lasted.

You have missed out the parts where the additional tools were added then. The larger combines, chainsaw trucks, shakers, and most importantly the ability to work using the tools of the employer if he or she owns larger tools than ourselves were all added over the last few months.

Tuckertbnc Feb 24 2015 08:43 AM

Question about the turbo boats

I have the Green Turbo boat .. I've noticed when I hire people that when they are fishing .. The game 'information posts' tell me they are catching 2 at a time .. it will say 2 of trout 2 of cod etc .... I thought with the turbo that hired people could 'catch' more when fishing ... I know when I fish with it I catch 10 or 18 or more its always a lot each click ..... So why are hired hands just catching 2 at a time when useing it .... I've noticed this first a few weeks ago ... but decided to ask about it after seeing it again when I hired fishing done this morning ...

KnightRider Feb 24 2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckertbnc (Post 5934802)
I have the Green Turbo boat .. I've noticed when I hire people that when they are fishing .. The game 'information posts' tell me they are catching 2 at a time .. it will say 2 of trout 2 of cod etc .... I thought with the turbo that hired people could 'catch' more when fishing ... I know when I fish with it I catch 10 or 18 or more its always a lot each click ..... So why are hired hands just catching 2 at a time when useing it .... I've noticed this first a few weeks ago ... but decided to ask about it after seeing it again when I hired fishing done this morning ...

Hello Tuckertbnc,

Are you sure the green boat is your highest? The green boat is the 5x5 and will catch up to 25 fish, the turbo boat is purple. Plus it also depends on which boat the person you hired is using, some don't know that if they are allowed to use the employers tool, they can.

Tuckertbnc Feb 24 2015 12:35 PM

Yes the green boat is my highest ... I've even went with my hired employee back to my water farm and asked if the green boat was showing for them ... And I do have allow employee to use my tools and fuel checked ..

They will say yes thank you and keep clicking ... but the info will keep saying x- employee just fished 2 of etc however the wording is .. its always 2 of ---- 2 of --- never more ... its just odd ... should I put the boats out on that farm ? would that help??