Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Taz D Mar 16 2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcashman (Post 5789422)
what genius thought of revamping the neighbor list in the SEND GIFT section? A lot of the people on my list are no longer neighbors!!!! They stay inactive in the Neighbor section as you have to un-friend them in order to completely remove them, which is also a dumb feature. But many of the x-neighbors are friends and relitives, I choose not to remove!!!!

There are 3 choices of lists. Try the one for Neighbors helping me. That would be a shorter list of the more active neighbors.
Those lists are created by Facebook. All Farm Town is doing is offer the choices of lists.

rjlinkjr Mar 17 2014 01:57 PM

new tools

Give us a tool to work all flowers, trees harvest and chop, I will buy in a heartbeat

FarmerMcLashwood Mar 17 2014 05:55 PM

Many thanks to all the mods and helpers

I must say a big thank you to All the Mods and Helpers. Personally I think they must have the patience of a saint. They are replying again and again to the same question about gifts, train boosts etc., Never ceases to amaze me to see a question, then an answer from a Mod with the same question asked below that answer time and time again.

So THANKS for all your help and patience.... its so well deserved. :D

KnightRider Mar 17 2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerMcLashwood (Post 5790302)
I must say a big thank you to All the Mods and Helpers. Personally I think they must have the patience of a saint. They are replying again and again to the same question about gifts, train boosts etc., Never ceases to amaze me to see a question, then an answer from a Mod with the same question asked below that answer time and time again.

So THANKS for all your help and patience.... its so well deserved. :D

I have had the same thought for so long, it isn't just with the gifts and train boosts, it has been going on for years, but like one person that posted mentioned, they said they didn't read any of the previous posts so they hoped that their post wasn't a duplicate.

Rita Black Mar 17 2014 10:42 PM

Can't send neighbors gifts.

Do you have any idea when the send gifts will be fixed. Am unable to send gifts. Ty

Rob T Mar 17 2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rita Black (Post 5790382)
Do you have any idea when the send gifts will be fixed. Am unable to send gifts. Ty

As soon as Facebook fixes their mess. :(

You can always use Chrome to send gifts. that seems to work for most people

ila Mar 21 2014 06:52 AM

I do notice that when I get hired and it slows right down when I seem to work on big farms, anything past 24x24, it takes forever to farm and most of them of course are layered farms, which i hate farming without the proper tools.

rocker grrrrrl Mar 21 2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejelli (Post 5783706)
If farmers would quit piling layer upon layer upon layer filled with nothing but trees, buildings, flowers, etc. downloading wouldn't take so much time, either. All the stray animals also need to be penned.

Those are the farms I just X out of and I don't go back. My computer is older and it can't handle all that, even with everything turned off. I also don't have any of mine enlarged to the max, for the same reason. I have been royally dumped by a neighbor for not working her facs any more, well she was stacked to the max with everything on top of everything and it was just too much. And the first time she came to work mine, she sent me a message afterward complaining about my farms, and what I should be doing differently. From then on, she was excluded in all my postings. Bam. Problem solved. LOL No great loss, i guess....

clarep Mar 22 2014 01:05 PM

sending gifts

when sending gifts to neighbours why does the check box say, request or invite> :confused:

Clare x

marymarcel Mar 22 2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarep (Post 5792246)
when sending gifts to neighbours why does the check box say, request or invite> :confused:

Clare x

Hi!

That is a Facebook change, anyway all your gifts or boost request are sent no matter if it says Invite or Request.

JeanieBeanie2 Mar 24 2014 06:32 AM

Sadly, I must say that after 5 years of playing Farm Town, 100's of hours and dollars spent, I am to the point where the frustration of playing the game just isn't worth it anymore...I have bought all the larger tools for myself and for my hubby in order to work our farms faster as they got larger and larger...the game is so slow now that having the larger tools doesn't make much of a difference...

The only layering I have are my fields...3 times over...I have no layered buildings, trees, flowers...etc...my animals are all penned...farms where there are no layered fields, only trees/flowers don't go any faster than the ones which do...I work my own farms...hubby is the only one who works my factories/service facilities because all my other neighbors have quit playing...yes, I have cleared mem cache, deleted temporary internet files...etc...more times than I care to count and all to no avail...I do have 20 farms but none of my farms are over 24 x 24...we use a fiber optic internet service provider and just replaced our router...no change in the speed of Farm Town...

I don't know what the problem is...farms being too big?...Farm Town needing more servers to handle the load of larger farms?...whatever it is, the long load times and lag is just too frustrating...I really don't have time to spend 2 - 3 hours every morning when what I have to do shouldn't take more than an hour...I have quit planting a lot of my fields...most probably will run out what I have in storage and then it will be time to tell Farm Town goodbye...:(

ila Mar 24 2014 09:20 AM

Having problems with storage

Using the storage is slow and getting to many "cannot move item into or from storage try again later"...and that gets irritating when you are in the middle of adding from and to the storage, please fix, thank you

Shantily Mar 25 2014 05:24 AM

you dont need the green hand btw to do this with the water items . the orange one is for that the green is for bldgs. I have the green hand and have lakes and seacoasts all around my 20 farms. i don't have time to plant crops but need a steady coin flow. I prefer them to a farm full of trees that take forever to load and harvest.. I have a turbo boat and have hired people to fish for me. they get @ 100 mil in bonus coins when they are done, plus a lot of fish lol .. i will eventually have all the coin facilities on each farm as well stacked on top of each other to save space :)

wellsy6 Mar 25 2014 04:14 PM

New farm

We need a new farm or farms!!;)

beverduster Mar 25 2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeanieBeanie2 (Post 5793186)
Sadly, I must say that after 5 years of playing Farm Town, 100's of hours and dollars spent, I am to the point where the frustration of playing the game just isn't worth it anymore...I have bought all the larger tools for myself and for my hubby in order to work our farms faster as they got larger and larger...the game is so slow now that having the larger tools doesn't make much of a difference...

The only layering I have are my fields...3 times over...I have no layered buildings, trees, flowers...etc...my animals are all penned...farms where there are no layered fields, only trees/flowers don't go any faster than the ones which do...I work my own farms...hubby is the only one who works my factories/service facilities because all my other neighbors have quit playing...yes, I have cleared mem cache, deleted temporary internet files...etc...more times than I care to count and all to no avail...I do have 20 farms but none of my farms are over 24 x 24...we use a fiber optic internet service provider and just replaced our router...no change in the speed of Farm Town...

I don't know what the problem is...farms being too big?...Farm Town needing more servers to handle the load of larger farms?...whatever it is, the long load times and lag is just too frustrating...I really don't have time to spend 2 - 3 hours every morning when what I have to do shouldn't take more than an hour...I have quit planting a lot of my fields...most probably will run out what I have in storage and then it will be time to tell Farm Town goodbye...:(

are you using ie? i switched to google chrome & it runs so much smother, i now can get all my farming done including the trees, *& flowers in less than 3 hrs, where as when i was using ie, it would take me all day

thehufarm Mar 27 2014 11:25 AM

I posted this under Help & Support but I see people talking about this here. So here is my question:

I just bought a red fertilizer. I'm wondering if once the crops are fertilized, will they go to waste after the growth period is exhausted? e.i. just planted 4 hour crops. Will it go to waste after the 4 + 5 hour time period? Or will it stay good for the 3 days while fertilized if not harvested? I understand the 2 for 1 harvest but haven't found any reference to waste on a fertilized farm. Maybe I don't know where to look.

Thanks.

Taz D Mar 27 2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehufarm (Post 5794598)
I posted this under Help & Support but I see people talking about this here. So here is my question:

I just bought a red fertilizer. I'm wondering if once the crops are fertilized, will they go to waste after the growth period is exhausted? e.i. just planted 4 hour crops. Will it go to waste after the 4 + 5 hour time period? Or will it stay good for the 3 days while fertilized if not harvested? I understand the 2 for 1 harvest but haven't found any reference to waste on a fertilized farm. Maybe I don't know where to look.

Thanks.

I answered you in the Help & Support.

thehufarm Mar 27 2014 12:06 PM

Thanks Taz! I asked another question on same topic! :-)

jmn120176 Mar 29 2014 03:39 PM

Purple sprinkler issues

Upon use of my purple sprinkler, I find the tree growing time is no longer reduced to half of normal. Help?

jmn120176 Mar 29 2014 03:55 PM

That's interesting. Not to answer my own post, but the coconut trees on my farm 9 showed 7.1 days to grown after irrigation. They now show 2 days. The problem seems to have resolved itself.

Taz D Mar 29 2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn120176 (Post 5802854)
That's interesting. Not to answer my own post, but the coconut trees on my farm 9 showed 7.1 days to grown after irrigation. They now show 2 days. The problem seems to have resolved itself.

That is strange since they are only 5 day (4.2 real days) normal. Maybe your computer clock was off and finally updated.

thehufarm Mar 31 2014 11:57 AM

Ok, this may have been answered but I didn't find it. If I fertilize a crop when it's ready to harvest, say a one day crop, the field is now fertilized for 71 hours. If I then plant a 4 day crop, on the fertilized field, will that crop still be fertilized even though the time ran out?

I see an "F" when I place my harvester over a crop so I'm assuming that means the crop is fertilized. If I see that "F" even if the time ran out, does it mean that crop is still "2 for 1 crop"?

KnightRider Mar 31 2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehufarm (Post 5803562)
Ok, this may have been answered but I didn't find it. If I fertilize a crop when it's ready to harvest, say a one day crop, the field is now fertilized for 71 hours. If I then plant a 4 day crop, on the fertilized field, will that crop still be fertilized even though the time ran out?

I see an "F" when I place my harvester over a crop so I'm assuming that means the crop is fertilized. If I see that "F" even if the time ran out, does it mean that crop is still "2 for 1 crop"?

You have to fertilize a crop when it is growing and not when it is ready to harvest, when you fertilize a farm it will stay fertilized for 3 days and any crop(s) that is growing on that farm will remain fertilized until they are harvested. Plus if it is still in the 3 days any crop that you plant on that farm will also be fertilized and that one will remain fertilized until harvested. Yes when you see an "F" on a crop that means that it has been fertilized even though time has ran out.

Qivis Mar 31 2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehufarm (Post 5803562)

While as the farm is fertilized when you do the planting, the crops planted on it will be fertilized as well. The timing for it only applies to the farm. So if the time has under an hour left and you plant it before that hour expires, the crops will be doubled provided you harvest them before they go to waste. So it is best to go by the color of this indicator diamond. If it is army khaki green, it will result in doubled crops. If it is light green, the time has run out on it and more pig manure needs to be spread on it for the crops to double. If it is light green, but there are crops there with an F indication, it means the crops were planted when it was fertilized but any future crops will need fresh manure.

mbcashman Apr 01 2014 07:14 AM

missing gifts and bonuses

Yesterday when I logged out I had approximately 70 or more gifts and bonuses in my gift box that I had not yet stored, as at least 40 of the gifts were animals. You added more levels and updated my farm and you LOST all my items that were in the gift box!!!! Not appreciated!!!

KnightRider Apr 01 2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcashman (Post 5803994)
Yesterday when I logged out I had approximately 70 or more gifts and bonuses in my gift box that I had not yet stored, as at least 40 of the gifts were animals. You added more levels and updated my farm and you LOST all my items that were in the gift box!!!! Not appreciated!!!

If you could supply a link to your farm a mod could take a look and maybe see what is happening. To link your farm to the forum click on Click Here in my signature line below and look at the instructions for linking your farm to the forum. Come back to this thread and post a copy of your link.

mbcashman Apr 01 2014 08:45 AM

requsted link

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?...0&fb_bmpos=2_0

marymarcel Apr 01 2014 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcashman (Post 5804074)

Hi!

Your link is not working.

Please open your tool box, and click in Farm Selector Manager. You'll see the names of all your farms. Click in Copy Link button and then click in one of your farms name. Come back to the forum and paste it into your post.

therealpopcorn Apr 01 2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ila (Post 5793258)
Using the storage is slow and getting to many "cannot move item into or from storage try again later"...and that gets irritating when you are in the middle of adding from and to the storage, please fix, thank you

I and a neighbor have trouble also. so aggravating trying to rearrange a farm. especially us highest level players that have had to buy different trees along the way as new ones added and of course the gift only ones, then the change as they did from banana to plantain trees. have the scattered so bad on the 20 farms it takes awhile to find for a quest.:(

Taz D Apr 01 2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ila (Post 5793258)

If you are doing a lot of moving items to and from storage then try refreshing your farm once in a while. That should speed things up again. There are a lot of people on because of the new levels and that can slow things down too.

mbcashman Apr 01 2014 01:32 PM

link to farm

mbcashman Apr 01 2014 01:33 PM

requested farm link

Taz D Apr 01 2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcashman (Post 5804230)

That link does not work. It will take everyone to their own farms.
Please follow the instructions in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

mbcashman Apr 01 2014 03:30 PM

Missing gifts and bonuses 2nd post

When you updated farms within the last 24 hours and added the new levels, etc., you managed to cause me to loose approximately 28 or 29 cucumber bonuses (7th degree) and 40 or so Goats. The goats can be replaced, however, it sucks knowing I lost the cucumbers and can not replace them!!! Here is link to farm that you previously requested.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?...2&fb_bmpos=2_2

Taz D Apr 01 2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcashman (Post 5804282)
When you updated farms within the last 24 hours and added the new levels, etc., you managed to cause me to loose approximately 28 or 29 cucumber bonuses (7th degree) and 40 or so Goats. The goats can be replaced, however, it sucks knowing I lost the cucumbers and can not replace them!!! Here is link to farm that you previously requested.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?...2&fb_bmpos=2_2

You have already posted this. Please do not duplicate your posts as it will only confuse you and us.
I am sorry that you lost those items but there is nothing that can be done about the missing items from the gift box through the forum. If you wish you can contact support to see if they will refund the coin value of the items you lost then you may do so. Be sure to tell them what you lost and the value of those items. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours. Any decision for a refund will be up to Support.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings/support/

Raineb Apr 01 2014 04:15 PM

I think they do such a great job taking care of FT and putting up with all of us farmers. I love all the new things they added on this last update. FT rules!

aceyducey Apr 01 2014 05:08 PM

Music plays continuously on my farms.

I am having trouble with the music playing on my farms. I toggle the music button, but it does no good. It started two days ago out of the clear blue. Can you tell me what else to do to turn the music off? It has never done this before. Is this a bug that needs fixing? Please advise. Thank you moderators for all the wonderful work you do for us players!

Farmer DeDe Apr 01 2014 05:12 PM

Drop down the speaker icon and make sure both parts are red. That should do it. You have to turn off the music two times by clicking both parts.

aceyducey Apr 01 2014 05:22 PM

YES! That did the trick. Thank you DeDE. I did not realize the second (music bar) button had to be clicked as well.

mbcashman Apr 02 2014 04:57 AM

Poor results

Posted a problem and it was nice to get a response, even though it was un-satisfactory!! I am missing items, I do not wish to get coin value for said items, as what good would that do, as items can not be bought!!! Only Slashkey can screw up, don't have these problems from KING or ZYNGA games!!