Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Redwhine Feb 14 2014 07:20 PM

Really appreciate the continued updates been playing the game for many yrs and always look forward to the next big thing. however this week has been a constant frustration for me.
Slow loading farms, unable to collect from trains or send off without getting and error x and reloading game. and now can not open my quests PERIOD have tried 4 times and each time I am given the error xo25 and booted from game ... getting very annoying

Petuniaflower Feb 15 2014 11:54 AM

OK I was doing a friends facilities. I have daughters on Mozilla and mine on Chrome.I do the friends,working my daughters and mine at at the same time,or should I say,I do a few farms on hers,then a few on mine.Back and Forth.

On Hers if was good,pretty quick.On mine Chrome,SLOW,LAGGING.So I finish with hers,and put mine on Mozilla, still SLOW AND LAGGING.
I am thinking it is the servers,I am on 38,and it comes and goes so fast on hers I can't read it.But I bet it is a different one.I use to have 3,I think 38 needs to down a ENERGY BOOST:(

and I have dusted mopped vacuumed All on the browsers and memecauche
s

Taz D Feb 15 2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5775446)
OK I was doing a friends facilities. I have daughters on Mozilla and mine on Chrome.I do the friends,working my daughters and mine at at the same time,or should I say,I do a few farms on hers,then a few on mine.Back and Forth.

On Hers if was good,pretty quick.On mine Chrome,SLOW,LAGGING.So I finish with hers,and put mine on Mozilla, still SLOW AND LAGGING.
I am thinking it is the servers,I am on 38,and it comes and goes so fast on hers I can't read it.But I bet it is a different one.I use to have 3,I think 38 needs to down a ENERGY BOOST:(

and I have dusted mopped vacuumed All on the browsers and memecauche
s

When you go to someone else's farm you are on their server and not your own.

Petuniaflower Feb 15 2014 12:38 PM

why would it be fast enough on hers and slow on mine,if we are using that persons server:confused:

Taz D Feb 15 2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5775458)
why would it be fast enough on hers and slow on mine,if we are using that persons server:confused:

That I don't know unless it had something to do with having 2 connections ope at one time. And it wouldn't necessarily speed up after closing the one.

iceberg Feb 16 2014 05:07 PM

Tks Agin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5775226)
You can turn off the floating coin and product in your preferences. That should make things go faster. Also you can click the save to make it finish faster too, so you can get to the next farm.

Tks Taz Sir Mod.

RomanticSoul Feb 17 2014 05:25 PM

Pain in the butt to have to keep changing everytime i work someone's farm. Miss the old way where you just selected the tool and nothing you needed to work on with that tool was automatically hidden. Worked better then this dimming eye.

JohnAlbertini Feb 18 2014 01:45 PM

Eye hidden doesn't "stick"

Every time I am hired it is dimmed and I have to go and mark it hidden.

Why does this preference not REMAIN as I have set it "HIDDEN"! Dimmed is a pain in the butt! On or off and I want it off and should not have to go and change it every time!!!

One more example of fixing what "ain't broke"!

Taz D Feb 18 2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 5778082)
Every time I am hired it is dimmed and I have to go and mark it hidden.

Why does this preference not REMAIN as I have set it "HIDDEN"! Dimmed is a pain in the butt! On or off and I want it off and should not have to go and change it every time!!!

One more example of fixing what "ain't broke"!

It has never stayed at your preference setting. It was originally for when you were hired and it set to dimmed as a default. All you have to do is click on it and change it to hidden. If you want it to default to hidden then you will need to suggest it.

widow lyn Feb 19 2014 02:33 AM

Putting items on outside of farm

What is the deal with putting items all around the outside edges of your farms, I thought we were suppose to stay within our own farm limits.

I lost a lot of coins and xp last night from being hired in the marketplace, all 20 of this farmers farms were loaded with acorn squash about 5 or 6 layers deep, but he had so many lakes, rivers, seacoast, semis, oil pumps etc on the outside of his farms that it took about 10 mins for each one to load, I gave up after the 4th one

ccheney Feb 20 2014 10:49 PM

I've seen it too but I have no idea how it's done. I can't do it to save my life.

Taz D Feb 20 2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccheney (Post 5779450)
I've seen it too but I have no idea how it's done. I can't do it to save my life.

You can do it with the green hand.

Petuniaflower Feb 21 2014 10:57 AM

I have roads or highway around all of mine.The game allows that.I have the green hand and have a cross over bridge and a few streams.I don't layer,and do all my own work.But i understand the layer upon layer,and trying to do them.
I haven't tried or didn't know other things could be put beyond my boundaries.But I probably wouldn't do it,as I go for HOW IT LOOKS :)

Petuniaflower Feb 23 2014 11:35 AM

Well got up this morning,checking to see a corn field that was almost ready to harvest, And BEHOLD,a field of sweet potatoes.Crops changing have been happening more and more :rolleyes:CAN'T BE ME,HAS TO BE THE GAME.!:D

Later was ready to plant,selected my seeds,and WHAM,It jumpes out of full screen,and mouse in hand,hadn't even positioned it to plant.And a square plants by itself,RIGHT WHERE I DIDN'T WANT IT.:(

OH by the way,I clean everything,memecauche,browsers and EVEN MY FLOORS AND COMPUTER DESK,often!!!:D

dnana Feb 23 2014 02:46 PM

I've seen players with all of their facs around the outside of their farms, I think it is so they have more room for planting. I think with the green hand, you can stack all of your facs in one building, too, so not sure why you wouldn't do that to gain more room rather than spread them all out. It was kinda disorienting to work, don't see many laid out that way.

Eradani Feb 23 2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnana (Post 5780398)
I've seen players with all of their facs around the outside of their farms, I think it is so they have more room for planting. I think with the green hand, you can stack all of your facs in one building, too, so not sure why you wouldn't do that to gain more room rather than spread them all out. It was kinda disorienting to work, don't see many laid out that way.

each building has a 1x1 anchor spot. you can only put 1 building anchor spot at each farm location. however, you can get many along a side as there's 4 * farm size locations on a side.

the same goes for trees and flowers, which is why sometimes a tree or flower gets bugged and has to be harvested with the scythe - there's 2 trees or 2 flowers in the same spot. this usually happens when you buy many items and the system lags out a bit and erroneously lets you put 2 trees or 2 flowers in the same place. i usually harvest my tree and flower farms after making them to make sure this didn't happen. sometimes you can see a darker orange marker when you turn the tree/flower graphics off when there's 2 there.

dorissau Feb 27 2014 11:40 AM

Just a word of thanks

Nobody ever compliments the artists who design all the things on our complicated farms. Other than our balloon-head avatar and a couple pf cartoonish animals, the trees, flowers, buildings, people and crops are just amazing. Zoom up and have a close look.. they are soooooo much more realistic than any of the other farm games I have looked at. Kudos to those designers and thank you for making our game so beautiful.

trina531 Feb 27 2014 09:43 PM

Why thank you! Those of us who love to design appreciate this. I have stayed with this game for that reason.

Jody Good Mar 03 2014 12:36 PM

Farms getting to large

The farms are getting so large it's causing the Browser plugins to crash hard to work facilities.
I also think it would be nice if the things we sell would sell at market for more Coins add up in our Coins to buy with.
my thoughts
Jody

KnightRider Mar 03 2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jody Good (Post 5782806)
The farms are getting so large it's causing the Browser plugins to crash hard to work facilities.
I also think it would be nice if the things we sell would sell at market for more Coins add up in our Coins to buy with.
my thoughts
Jody

When you go to someones farm to work, go to the wrench and you can turn everything off like trees, flowers, etc. If you are working in their fields and such you can turn everything off then turn the item on when you need to work them.

The service facilities are what you put items into to get 50% more coins than selling them at the market and all coins you get are added to the coin total that you purchase items with, whether you sell at the market, sell in the service facilities, or even sell items to other players.

max_river Mar 05 2014 07:48 PM

fertized farms not working

is anyone else having issues with crops not staying fertized....

ejelli Mar 05 2014 10:01 PM

If farmers would quit piling layer upon layer upon layer filled with nothing but trees, buildings, flowers, etc. downloading wouldn't take so much time, either. All the stray animals also need to be penned.

Annette55 Mar 06 2014 08:08 PM

Not nearly enough fertilizer or am I missing something?

It does seem they aren't lasting 3 days as advertised. I was wondering how people are coping with the fertilizer thing---you need 20 bazillion pigs to get enough for 20 farms! How about a super pigsty that give 2 or 3 times as much per pig. I stopped playing for a year or so and now find there isn't nearly enough!

Taz D Mar 06 2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette55 (Post 5784090)
It does seem they aren't lasting 3 days as advertised. I was wondering how people are coping with the fertilizer thing---you need 20 bazillion pigs to get enough for 20 farms! How about a super pigsty that give 2 or 3 times as much per pig. I stopped playing for a year or so and now find there isn't nearly enough!

I have 150 pigs in one pigsty and never run out. However, I only refertilize when I replant rather than wasting it fertilizing every 3 days. If I plant a 4 day crop it will stay fertilized the whole time and I can then fertilize when I plant the next crop.

Alexandra_J Mar 07 2014 11:47 AM

To fertilise a farm you need 50 pigs to each farm, which you will need 1,000 if you were going to fertilise every farm. You can harvest your pig sty every 12 hours. When you fertilise a farm it will last for 3 days. Even if you put in a 4 or 5 day crop it will stay fertilised until you are ready to harvest it.

Taz D Mar 07 2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osmond Fan (Post 5784346)
To fertilise a farm you need 50 pigs to each farm, which you will need 1,000 if you were going to fertilise every farm. You can harvest your pig sty every 12 hours. When you fertilise a farm it will last for 3 days. Even if you put in a 4 or 5 day crop it will stay fertilised until you are ready to harvest it.

So 50 pigs can fertilize 6 farms if you can harvest the pigs every 12 hours for the 3 days. So 200 pigs are all you need to keep 20 farms fertilized.

Richard Crow Mar 07 2014 12:07 PM

I have 4 pig styes (180 x 4 = 720)

so 720 to 1440 units a day means I never have to think about fertilizer because I know there is always plenty available.

Annette55 Mar 07 2014 05:14 PM

Have 120 pigs...

I've been adding pigs as I can, but being as pigs are 'gift' items, it's kinda hard cuz I need other things too. I'm up to 120, but it seems that I only get enough to do two farms per 100 units (or the once a day I harvest---is that because I have most of my farms tripled layered?? I think to keep things fertilized (and I only fertilized as needed, not just every three days), I'm gonna need half a bizillion pigs, eh? Isn't there some other way?

Taz D Mar 07 2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette55 (Post 5784438)
I've been adding pigs as I can, but being as pigs are 'gift' items, it's kinda hard cuz I need other things too. I'm up to 120, but it seems that I only get enough to do two farms per 100 units (or the once a day I harvest---is that because I have most of my farms tripled layered?? I think to keep things fertilized (and I only fertilized as needed, not just every three days), I'm gonna need half a bizillion pigs, eh? Isn't there some other way?

I don't know if layering has anything to do with it, but each farm you fertilize takes 50 units and that lasts for 3 days. So 120 harvested each day and each time lasting 3 days then you should be able to do 7 farms from the 360 units you would get.

Annette55 Mar 07 2014 05:37 PM

So, bite the bullet, eh?

So, since I currently have 17 farms I'm going to have to have that many pigs and more---*sigh*----and that is that huh? Looks like unfertilized is going to be the norm for a while then. Thanks for the input!

Annette55 Mar 07 2014 05:43 PM

Oh, and I'd make asking for some better, quicker way to get the fertilizer needed as a suggestion if it would let me post a new thread on that forum, which it says I'm not authorized to do.

Taz D Mar 07 2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette55 (Post 5784450)
Oh, and I'd make asking for some better, quicker way to get the fertilizer needed as a suggestion if it would let me post a new thread on that forum, which it says I'm not authorized to do.

You can't start a new thread there because we try to keep that section to one page. You can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion though.

KnightRider Mar 07 2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette55 (Post 5784446)
So, since I currently have 17 farms I'm going to have to have that many pigs and more---*sigh*----and that is that huh? Looks like unfertilized is going to be the norm for a while then. Thanks for the input!

I suggest that you can plant the crops that take longer to grow and not worry about them until just before ready to harvest, like 3 day crops are ready in 60 FT hours (2 days 12 hours real time) so you don't need to fertilize these crops for up to 2 days 9 or so hours real time. So that would give you at least 4 harvests if you could harvest your pigs every 12 hours when they are ready to be harvested or 2 harvests if you harvest them once a day. Each time you fertilize a farm I would put the lower growing crops on those since you would get more crop harvests in the 3 days which would be 72 hours (3X24) and just keep moving crops around if a farm isn't fertilized try putting a 3 or 4 day crop on it and then just fertilize it just before it is ready to harvest.

Alexandra_J Mar 08 2014 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5784354)
So 50 pigs can fertilize 6 farms if you can harvest the pigs every 12 hours for the 3 days. So 200 pigs are all you need to keep 20 farms fertilized.

To fertilise 1 farm it take 50 pigs to fertilise it.
So if you fill up your pig stys to the limit of 180, so 180 pigs will do 3 farms. If you want more you can do. I've got 1 pig sty per farm lol and I have plenty.

bluehair Mar 08 2014 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette55 (Post 5784090)

I only have 236 pigs however I have managed to accumulate 3808 units of pig manure.
I have the manured collector each day I click the harvest all button.

if I dont collect anymore manure I could do my 20 farms 3 times over before running out.

Bellemadge Mar 08 2014 06:41 AM

I do not 'fertilize' every farm, but then I do not grow crops on every farm. I personally find that it is sufficient to fertilize about 5 or 6 farms, (even though I have the full 20).

Alexandra_J Mar 09 2014 06:37 AM

Pig Manure isn't like fuel so you DO NOT lose your previous pigs manure. I've got 1,080 pigs in one pig sty to one farm and I've got 20 farms and I've put one pig sty on each farm. :) You harvest your pigs like normal every 12 hours.

Qivis Mar 09 2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 5784506)
I suggest that you can plant the crops that take longer to grow and not worry about them until just before ready to harvest, like 3 day crops are ready in 60 FT hours (2 days 12 hours real time) so you don't need to fertilize these crops for up to 2 days 9 or so hours real time. So that would give you at least 4 harvests if you could harvest your pigs every 12 hours when they are ready to be harvested or 2 harvests if you harvest them once a day. Each time you fertilize a farm I would put the lower growing crops on those since you would get more crop harvests in the 3 days which would be 72 hours (3X24) and just keep moving crops around if a farm isn't fertilized try putting a 3 or 4 day crop on it and then just fertilize it just before it is ready to harvest.

Knight Rider gives some excellent advice here. Over time the manure (or piggy-doo as I like to call it) builds up when leftover. I have over 103,000 waiting to be spread and over the next couple days I will not need to spread it, but my pigsties are harvested along with my other animals and will add more piggy doo in that time.

KnightRider Mar 09 2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 5785214)
Knight Rider gives some excellent advice here. Over time the manure (or piggy-doo as I like to call it) builds up when leftover. I have over 103,000 waiting to be spread and over the next couple days I will not need to spread it, but my pigsties are harvested along with my other animals and will add more piggy doo in that time.

Thanks for saying that, when I started with the piggy-doo as you call it, there was crops that I didn't fertilize til like 2 or so hours just before they was ready so that I could save some piggy-doo, back then of course didn't have the sprinklers to irrigate so all of the crops had to go their full growing time. I have cut down on my fields since the beginning, so I definitely have more than I need now.

mbcashman Mar 16 2014 03:16 PM

gifts to neighbors

what genius thought of revamping the neighbor list in the SEND GIFT section? A lot of the people on my list are no longer neighbors!!!! They stay inactive in the Neighbor section as you have to un-friend them in order to completely remove them, which is also a dumb feature. But many of the x-neighbors are friends and relitives, I choose not to remove!!!!