Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Tony D Feb 02 2013 07:41 AM

Hi all , just a friendly reminder , this thread is for General Feedback , if you require help on Trains , please post in this thread...
http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492326

If you have a Suggestion for Trains , please post in this thread ..
http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492566

Posts that are in the wrong section are likely to be overlooked , moved or deleted so please try and post in the correct thread.

Thanks

CynthiaSue Feb 06 2013 05:41 PM

I always click on boosting peoples trains. I thought I read that you get 2 to 3% of what the train was carrying. Sometimes I only get 2 to 3 hundred items. Does that mean that their train isn'st carrying much. Or does it work like working peoples facilities, where I am probably the last person to click to boost the train, so there isn't much left to get.

Taz D Feb 06 2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynthiaSue (Post 5432766)
I always click on boosting peoples trains. I thought I read that you get 2 to 3% of what the train was carrying. Sometimes I only get 2 to 3 hundred items. Does that mean that their train isn'st carrying much. Or does it work like working peoples facilities, where I am probably the last person to click to boost the train, so there isn't much left to get.

The ones I get a small amount like that I know only have a few cars on their train.

Suntanned Feb 06 2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcassemjr (Post 5186010)
The train meets the need of the only item I am ever out of in Farm Town, and that is paper rolls. So I am not disappointed at all. I like that it wasn't an instant fulfillment. It will still leave the need for strategy, especially around the time of new releases. Won't want to dispatch a train if a release is pending or expected in the next couple of days. I won't want to miss out on the opportunity to add new cars from a new release that I might want to dispatch.

If players read the releases, this is just the beginning of the possibilities of the trains. The release hits that we may have multiple trains going in the future, multiple copies of the same boxes on the trains, and the ability for neighbors to work the trains. I hope they focus on the key items used from each facility when developing the box cars, ike the Paper Rolls in the paper mill.

Where does one get advance notice of new releases? I've always depended on after the fact boot up messages. Thanks in advance - Suntanned

KnightRider Feb 06 2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntanned (Post 5432966)
Where does one get advance notice of new releases? I've always depended on after the fact boot up messages. Thanks in advance - Suntanned

There is no advance notice of new releases, no one knows what is in each release when it is released. You can see what was released by looking in the news and announcements section in the last release date, like the last release so far is Jan 19th, 2013. This will tell you what was released this time.

Aussie Rae Feb 07 2013 02:52 AM

I think regular visitors to this site know that as soon as the release posting thread is closed, its not too long a wait till the next update, lol

Rob T Mar 25 2013 08:27 PM

Welcome to the Feedback Section

Welcome to the Feedback section of the forum.

Use this section to tell us what you think of the game in general or how parts of the game work or to hash out ideas.

We will endeavor to allow a bit more latitude in this section than in the other sections of the forum, however, please bear in mind we must stave off chaos.

Debates are allowed but post which go beyond simple debates and fall into attacks against another member or out right name calling, or take a thread completely off track, will be removed.

CynthiaSue Mar 29 2013 06:46 PM

Working peoples facilities takes alot of time, so I thought if I was going to continue to work their facilities that I might want to get at least some trains. However, looking them over, I don't really see any that would even be worth it for what they bring. If one brought MEAT, now that would be the one I would buy to start with. It is a shame that speeding up facility work is connected with trains. I am in a twix with what to do with this game. I am level 400 and have bought alot of the loaders. In order to cut back on time in game, I quit working others facilities or posting my own. In order to really benefit from buying trains, I would have to spend a good bit of farmcash and I just am not even sure that it would be worth it since the trains don't bring anything that I really care if I have. Perhaps since I don't have most of the farmcash facilities, I don't need as many ingredients. I don't know. I used to post them every day, but really, it is not an enjoyable aspect of the game even with most of the loaders. I want to help out my neighbors by working their facilities, but it is just a bit costly to buy the trains to make it more doable.

CynthiaSue Apr 01 2013 04:59 PM

So, I am still trying to decide whether to buy some trains. So I was looking to see what I tend to be short of. I was short on oak lumber though I have plenty of logs, so opened another mill. Don't know if I have enough to do everything or not as Im not posting my facilities right now. However, the only things that I was short of that I couldn't remedy myself was what is brought in the meat truck, meat and leather and of course buying extra trucks will not help me work others facilities. I am beginning to wonder whether people buy the trains cause they need them, or if they like them. Still don't know what I want to do. I have already bought things I have regretted in this game and am a bit hesitant to do it again. May put the game on hold.

Tony D Apr 01 2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynthiaSue (Post 5499694)
So, I am still trying to decide whether to buy some trains. So I was looking to see what I tend to be short of. I was short on oak lumber though I have plenty of logs, so opened another mill. Don't know if I have enough to do everything or not as Im not posting my facilities right now. However, the only things that I was short of that I couldn't remedy myself was what is brought in the meat truck, meat and leather and of course buying extra trucks will not help me work others facilities. I am beginning to wonder whether people buy the trains cause they need them, or if they like them. Still don't know what I want to do. I have already bought things I have regretted in this game and am a bit hesitant to do it again. May put the game on hold.

Hi, to me the biggest advantage in having the train, is that for each carriage you have the mayor works 5% more facilities per farm for you when you are helping on neighbours facilities.