Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

KnightRider Nov 18 2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katupatree
I'm fixing to detach my cattle car. I just wanted the products. I hate having to move everything one by one onto my farm and then into a building. I don't know how you can sell them in the market. You can only click use when they are in storage. I'm frustrated.

You sell them in the market just like anything, just go to the market, then click on ITEMS, then on the drop down menu either select "all" or "animals", then hover over the animal and it gives you the option to sell all or sell half. I am keeping mine attached, I can always sell animals anytime I want and since animals does not add to my storage amount I can have as many animals in storage as I want.

katupatree Nov 19 2012 09:59 AM

Okay, I didn't know you could now sell from your regular storage, but it's still a pain to put them into buildings and you can't harvest them if they are in regular storage.

SeaJay Nov 25 2012 09:54 AM

Just gotta throw a jab here and say; Are you kidding me right now??? You say these cars were developed to bring us the items/products that are highest in demand. With the exception of some textiles and cheese, lumber and metal, this couldn't be farther from the truth. It brings us things we have to much of and not the things we need most of.
Thanks for another of your many money pit solutions to an already floundering game (that I still love and am loyal to. I block EVERY other game out there and keep praying for the fixes on ancient issues here. And for some reason I still have faith in you devs. Sometimes you knock one out of the park and my hope and strength are renewed)

slartismum Nov 28 2012 08:46 PM

train products

I am not very good at maths but had a go at working out if the train is worth the money. I bought the Long Bulkhead carriage for the metals.
My workings are this:
Copper sheet for 3
50 x 3.5555 (copper ore per unit) = 177.77775
1512 delivered by train divided by 3 = 504
504 x 177.77775 = 89599.986
Aluminium sheet for 5
100 x 14.4 (aluminium ore per unit) = 1440
2520 delivered by train divided by 5 = 504
504 x 1440 = 725760.00
Steel sheet for 5
89 x 1.9323 (iron ore per unit) = 171.98
11 x 26.666 (chromium ore per unit) = 293.333
Both = 465.00
2520 delivered by train divided by 5 = 504
504 x 465.00 = 390600

total cost of materials = 1,049,328
Cost to despatch train = 3,402,000

Is my maths incorrect or are we paying over the odds?

kellyb64 Nov 28 2012 11:38 PM

I agree that we may pay more for dispatching the trains and do not get enough product in return but I will stay true with the trains because they help me tremendously when I working other peoples farms. I get a lot of products for very little work

slartismum Nov 29 2012 12:50 AM

it may be true that the trains help with the facs but if I only have one carriage it doesn't help all that much for such a great outlay, In my opinion.
Still love the game after saying all that!

Petuniaflower Nov 29 2012 11:20 AM

This is concerning trains. Do you have a DIAGRAM FOR DUMMIES :confused: I have tracks bought the railway switch. But how do you correctly put things together. :) :D

FarmerMcLashwood Nov 29 2012 12:06 PM

ok... the train boost..... can you send out requests for this to be boosted every 24 hours..... hubby seems to think you can only send it out once and thats it until the time comes you can dispatch the train after unloading it.

am a bit confused (mind you doesn't take much to confuse me lol)

Tiger Nov 29 2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerMcLashwood (Post 5365450)
ok... the train boost..... can you send out requests for this to be boosted every 24 hours..... hubby seems to think you can only send it out once and thats it until the time comes you can dispatch the train after unloading it.

am a bit confused (mind you doesn't take much to confuse me lol)

Hmm, it's not been released long enough to test so i'm not sure but you can only speed up the train by 24hours in one trip, so if it's been done there would be no point sending out more requests.

KnightRider Nov 29 2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5365406)
This is concerning trains. Do you have a DIAGRAM FOR DUMMIES :confused: I have tracks bought the railway switch. But how do you correctly put things together. :) :D

I googled the internet for railroad switch stand and looked at the pictures of how they placed the real switches. There was one good picture that showed it real good, it is shown below:

http://visual.merriam-webster.com/im...ted-switch.jpg

Edited: 11/29 at 10 pm.

This is a picture of how I have mine setup, tried to get it as close to the above picture as possible.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...17997422_n.jpg