Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

CynthiaSue Aug 14 2012 12:55 PM

So, if I understand correctly, you buy the train car. Say it delivers 5 items, but you only have the facility that produces 3 of those items. You pay the same no matter how many items it delivers? It seems to cost alot of coins to get these items. Does it really pay enough to make it worth it? Does it take fuel too?

Taz D Aug 14 2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyval143 (Post 5251970)
Why does the train cars require farm cash? When I click on the locomotive, it shows boxes for the long cars and shows farm coins instead of cash as the price to buy. But to go buy them it actually takes farm cash!

The coin price you see when clicking on the engine is what it will cost to purchase items through sending the train out. That is not the cost of the cars. They are in the store under the trains heading and each costs farm cash to purchase the car. Only after you purchase the car and attach it to your engine then you can dispatch the train and buy the goods each hauls back to you.
Read the Trains chapter in the Game Guide for more information.

Taz D Aug 14 2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynthiaSue (Post 5252154)
So, if I understand correctly, you buy the train car. Say it delivers 5 items, but you only have the facility that produces 3 of those items. You pay the same no matter how many items it delivers? It seems to cost alot of coins to get these items. Does it really pay enough to make it worth it? Does it take fuel too?

You still get all 5 of those items, so now you have a source for the 2 you don't produce. Is that worth it?

CynthiaSue Aug 14 2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5252374)
You still get all 5 of those items, so now you have a source for the 2 you don't produce. Is that worth it?

The quote above by meacara said he had to buy the fish farm to use the train that brings shrimp. Are you saying I don't?

So if I bought the long gondola car, but do not have the beefarm, I would still get 4000 honey, 2000 beeswax and 3780 sugar for 1,148,000 coins? and it would arrive in 1 week? Would it cost fuel too? if so, how much?

Taz D Aug 14 2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynthiaSue (Post 5252386)
The quote above by meacara said he had to buy the fish farm to use the train that brings shrimp. Are you saying I don't?

So if I bought the long gondola car, but do not have the beefarm, I would still get 4000 honey, 2000 beeswax and 3780 sugar for 1,148,000 coins? and it would arrive in 1 week? Would it cost fuel too? if so, how much?

The requirement to have the facility associated with the cars was removed in the last release.
"8. Long Freight Cars don't have facilities requirements anymore: To minimize confusion, you now always be able tu purchase any Long Freight Cars even if you don't have any facility in current farm or storage."
Yes it does take fuel, but I am not sure how to figure out how much. I just dispatched mine again with 7 cars and it was 2,940 fuel.

odatpotter Aug 14 2012 05:51 PM

Did you just say 'read the manual' ?
:)

KnightRider Aug 14 2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odatpotter (Post 5252402)
Did you just say 'read the manual' ?
:)

No, Taz actually said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by taz (Post 5252370)
Read the Trains chapter in the Game Guide for more information.

What is wrong with putting where they can find additional information. Which if someone wants more information on a subject reading the Game Guide is a good way to get such information. I put that in a post all the time so that if people need more information they can look it up in the Game Guide.

odatpotter Aug 14 2012 08:48 PM

It was in jest.
~no harm, no foul

Angel7 Aug 15 2012 11:09 AM

In my humble opinion, trains are worthless. They carry products that you can easily get in facilities that are bought with coins. They force you to get every product on that particular car even if you only need one thing. They don't carry the real stuff that is needed, like chicken and meat (or other stuff on trucks, fish farms, bee farms) or high volume crops, like onions, tomatoes, etc. Unless it changes to something that really matters, I can't see spending anything on them. And the fact is that what matters to somebody else, does not matter to me, and vice versa. The cars should be setup to deliver once per day and let us buy as much as we want of anything. If I want to buy 10,000 chickens or baskets of onions and I have the coin to do so, I should be allowed to do it. In essence, the limitations on the trains are ridiculous. I am a farmer, I enjoy planting and harvesting and plowing and replanting, etc. and I will continue to do it. Having the trains won't change that, but I won't waste my money on something that really doesn't matter anymore - we've done enough of that.

Tiger Aug 15 2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5252398)
The requirement to have the facility associated with the cars was removed in the last release.
"8. Long Freight Cars don't have facilities requirements anymore: To minimize confusion, you now always be able tu purchase any Long Freight Cars even if you don't have any facility in current farm or storage."
Yes it does take fuel, but I am not sure how to figure out how much. I just dispatched mine again with 7 cars and it was 2,940 fuel.

420 fuel per car