Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Taz D Jul 14 2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndalu47 (Post 5980042)
I read this morning that Firefox has now removed all versions of Adobe Flash from its browser; i know that Google Chrome plans to do the same very soon. I am not very computer literate, but i am sure that this is what Farm Town uses. How will i play this game i love if more and more browsers are removing it Adobe Flash? And, how can i continue to use Adobe Flash if it has so many security issues that browsers are removing it. Please make a comment on this, so we will know what we are supposed to do!

Hi lyndalu,
The older versions of Adobe Flash Player have been disabled yes, but if you keep it up to date you will see it is now Shockwave Flash player and you can still play Farm Town. What happens in the future with Facebook calling for an end to Flash players all together we don't know, but I am sure the developers will solve this and allow us to continue playing. In the mean time Shockwave Flash is still enabled and you can continue to play.

lyndalu47 Jul 14 2015 09:21 AM

hooray!! thanks for positive, good news this morning, Taz . . . i was quite concerned and you have set my mind at ease . . . cannot imagine a day without farming! :-)

Farmgirl1706 Jul 14 2015 04:56 PM

Ok ive found this thread.......awesome.....ill um see what i can do to change my flash player

ckpeer@gmail.com Jul 16 2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5980050)
Hi lyndalu,
The older versions of Adobe Flash Player have been disabled yes, but if you keep it up to date you will see it is now Shockwave Flash player and you can still play Farm Town. What happens in the future with Facebook calling for an end to Flash players all together we don't know, but I am sure the developers will solve this and allow us to continue playing. In the mean time Shockwave Flash is still enabled and you can continue to play.

Hi Taz, I just updated my Adobe Flash player and Chrome is working well again. I like to use different browsers for different functions in this game. I am finding that Safari, Firefox and Maxthon still get that annoying message regarding the new Adobe update that requires me to click on the header before the flash will function. Should I at this point contact the developers of those 3 browsers that do not have the Flash player working to find out if and how I can change that situation? I really and truly do understand why Steve Jobs disliked Adobe.

Taz D Jul 16 2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com (Post 5980686)
Hi Taz, I just updated my Adobe Flash player and Chrome is working well again. I like to use different browsers for different functions in this game. I am finding that Safari, Firefox and Maxthon still get that annoying message regarding the new Adobe update that requires me to click on the header before the flash will function. Should I at this point contact the developers of those 3 browsers that do not have the Flash player working to find out if and how I can change that situation? I really and truly do understand why Steve Jobs disliked Adobe.

Hi ckpeer,
I don't know about Safari and Maxthon, but for Firefox you can go into the Add-on manager, click on Plugins in left column. Find Shockwave Flash and make sure it is version 18.0.0.209. If it is then to the right change Ask to Activate to Always Activate. That will stop the pop up.

ckpeer@gmail.com Jul 17 2015 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5980690)
Hi ckpeer,
I don't know about Safari and Maxthon, but for Firefox you can go into the Add-on manager, click on Plugins in left column. Find Shockwave Flash and make sure it is version 18.0.0.209. If it is then to the right change Ask to Activate to Always Activate. That will stop the pop up.

Thanks Taz, I now have two browsers working with the new Flash. You are quicker than support on Firefox, Maxthon and Safari. :)

Taz D Jul 17 2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com (Post 5980770)
Thanks Taz, I now have two browsers working with the new Flash. You are quicker than support on Firefox, Maxthon and Safari. :)

I would guess that some where in both of those other two should be a plugins page with the same type of options for them, but I have never used either of them.

silverwing Jul 20 2015 09:30 PM

Chrome blocking Flash

Can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to use now that Chrome block Flash. I can't play the game the way I normally do and it is really frustrating. Any pointers will be appreciated. Thanks!

Taz D Jul 20 2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverwing (Post 5981590)
Can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to use now that Chrome block Flash. I can't play the game the way I normally do and it is really frustrating. Any pointers will be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi silverwing,
I have moved your post to the thread we have about Flash. If you will update your Chrome then you should be able to continue playing. Chrome is currently only blocking older versions of Flash. If you update to the current version it will update the Flash plugin as well.

christophercilley Jul 22 2015 03:38 AM

Adobe Flash player

The info I received is that Adobe Flash is very susceptible to hackers.
I do get a lot of 'Plugin doesn't work' and such notices like that now.
I have heard that Adobe Flash Player is going to be discontinued on Facebook, and by extension FarmTown.
What are our alternatives to use.