Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

supertrucker Oct 17 2014 09:38 PM

Farm Town giveth, and Farm Town taketh away...

with the latest update, production was increased in some facilities, to keep up with the demand for some products - which, i am sure, had many of us rejoicing. the other side of the coin (and yes, there IS one) is that for some products, production limits FELL. don't believe me? paper rolls, limit WAS 720, now it's 540; has the demand for paper rolls gone down? i don't think so, but i haven't checked lately...

Taz D Oct 17 2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supertrucker (Post 5887170)
with the latest update, production was increased in some facilities, to keep up with the demand for some products - which, i am sure, had many of us rejoicing. the other side of the coin (and yes, there IS one) is that for some products, production limits FELL. don't believe me? paper rolls, limit WAS 720, now it's 540; has the demand for paper rolls gone down? i don't think so, but i haven't checked lately...

Hi Supertrucker,
It only jumped up to 720 because the facility was allowed to go over 100% accidently when people loaded it during the increase of the amounts. As a consequence they could not reload until the amount went back down to less than 540 which was the right amount for the increase. This particular one had an increase in how many per batch from 1 up to 3 and a decrease in the number of batches by changing the times.
It was 1 rolls every hour which was a total of 360. Now it is 3 rolls every 2 hours for a total of 540.

beverduster Oct 18 2014 10:11 AM

i got to agree with you supertrucker, check your stock next time they have a big glitch and you will be surprised what is taken away

ccheney Oct 18 2014 01:08 PM

I've had to get rid of some facilities because I can no longer keep up enough supplies to fill them even half way. I've had to add a third paper mill to keep up with the amount of paper rolls needed. I had to add another ink factory to keep up with the amount of yellow ink needed in the linen and winter factories. I've had to add another bakery because I can't make enough hot dog rolls even though the bakeries are filled at 100% capacity.I've had to add 4 more of both mines I now have 10 of each because I can't make enough to fill the factories that require the mineras and rocks. I gave up my flower shop because 4 farms of the required flowers wasn't enough to fill it even to 50% capacity. I can't make enough asphalt barrels but can't afford another FC oil refinery right now. I have 22 oil pumps and need everyone to fill that one oil refinery. I can't collect enough horse hair to make one wig.it's ridiculous how much product we need for one factory.

Queen.of.Clutter Oct 18 2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccheney (Post 5887350)
I've had to get rid of some facilities because I can no longer keep up enough supplies to fill them even half way. I've had to add a third paper mill to keep up with the amount of paper rolls needed. I had to add another ink factory to keep up with the amount of yellow ink needed in the linen and winter factories. I've had to add another bakery because I can't make enough hot dog rolls even though the bakeries are filled at 100% capacity .I've had to add 4 more of both mines because I can't make enough to fill the factories that require the mineral and rocks. I gave up my flower shop because 4 farms of the required flowers wasn't enough to fill it even to 50% capacity. I can't make enough asphalt barrels but can't afford another FC oil refinery right now. I have 22 oil pumps and need everyone to fill that one oil refinery. I can't collect enough horse hair to make one wig.

I agree with you ..... the production is skewed -- Especially for the Farm Cash factories .... you would think paying FC that the Factory would either put out more quicker or require less product. It's backwards. Most of the FC factories (not service facilities) I have had to buy two of them to get enough production to fill the Service facilities.

Skewed .... and NOT to our favor. Alas, before anyone jumps on the "You DON'T have to spend money to play BLAH BLAH BLAH" bandwagon, I understand that, but I have CHOSEN to spend money on this game from day 1 - just not as much as I used to. Just not getting a whole heck of a lot of 'bang for the buck' ....

illusions_fan1 Oct 19 2014 02:05 AM

I am someone who does place her facilities hanging off the edge but in my case I have two designated facility farms (1 for Productions and 1 for referals) however there are some things (like mines, oil pumps and animal sheds) you want one of on EVERY farm so I tuck those up hanging off the top edge of my farm so I'm not losing vital "plantation" space and it also doesn't hide trees or anything if nothing can be behind it but other than those I don't hang decorations and whatnot off the edges and I don't stuff my farms with EVERYTHING (I do use the 3x offset fields) no one has actually ever told me that I have a glitched flower/tree personally but I do know I have hired someone and they go "I can't find a flower" or something so I go to their rescue and harvest the flower so they get the bonus chest and then I delete and replant it. If over time more people get the multiplanters that should reduce the whole "I accidentally double planted something" issue lol.

I also loathe when people do scattered trees/flowers or "clusters" like one person mentioned earlier. (Sooo time consuming!)

Emily D S Oct 19 2014 08:16 AM

I enjoy making my farms look like a farm. I do whatever is new also. and have fun doing
or trying everything new. Just love this game.Thank you

SeniorCornwall Oct 19 2014 09:17 PM

Just my thoughts on scarce items..... every time you can get a farm, immediately add the following to them right away: Mineral Mine, Open Pit Mine, Oil Well, Cow Shed, Chicken Coop, Dairy Shed, Wool Shed, Pigsty, Rabbit Hutch. These are all for coins (fill the animals to max). Even if you don't need all the products when you start, you will run out eventually so stockpile when you are starting the game.

If you have the farm cash, Fish Plant, bee Farm and Semi-Trailer Truck on every farm - and a few stables. Same Theory here as first...

If you want to make coins, buy a bank for every farm you have. Stocking and selling the production will general lots of coins for you...

Hope this helps..

Senior Cornwall

beverduster Oct 19 2014 10:19 PM

you forgot the sugar mill, flour mill, sawmill, glass factory, breakfast restaurant & on the farm cash you will need several refinerys , so you dont run out of fuel. i no i have bought more fc bidgs than i wanted to and on some of them have several, but when i fill my facs i like to hit 100% on the usage too then when i post it helps out the ones thats starting out

ccheney Oct 19 2014 10:29 PM

I've done that with the mines, oil pumps, animal sheds and sawmills. So far I am O.K. with two flour mills though it's all I can do to keep enough wheat to keep them full. Right now I can't afford to buy another refinery.