Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

1-800-Harvester Aug 30 2014 07:27 PM

Entered farm contest then acct hacked within 3 hours

Coincidence? within 3 hours of entering farm contest and having to post a public picture to my timeline...friend requests was going out to my lists and even talking to them in the chat box! anyone else incur this? and my farm got disqualified to boot...too confusing rules, yes u can use green hand no you can't yes stuff your facilities they are hidden, ah my green hand must be broken because i have never completely hidden one in another , sizes are off...good luck to the contestants, i have found mistakes in some entries, they got me for but i am not naming names...the hack is what took the cake....:mad:

whosyou? Aug 30 2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1-800-Harvester (Post 5866722)
Coincidence? within 3 hours of entering farm contest and having to post a public picture to my timeline...friend requests was going out to my lists and even talking to them in the chat box! anyone else incur this? and my farm got disqualified to boot...too confusing rules, yes u can use green hand no you can't yes stuff your facilities they are hidden, ah my green hand must be broken because i have never completely hidden one in another , sizes are off...good luck to the contestants, i have found mistakes in some entries, they got me for but i am not naming names...the hack is what took the cake....:mad:

Your FB got hacked..or your FT account got hacked?FYI...posting a picture on this forum or FB does not mean,actually can pretty much guarantee,that a hacker can get into your account.

Anyhow..you should be talking to FB and getting your account info changed.

ftquestion Aug 30 2014 11:34 PM

Hacker ?s

Not sure if I am doing this right? I just have a couple of questions. 1,When you first open up the forum page there is a (thread?) about Facebook hackers sending out a message..... by Rob T. My question is would it be alright if I copied and pasted it to my FB so all my friends could see it?
2, I just got an email from FB saying someone had logged into my FB acc. from a different location..... and gave me a link to click on, now I'm afraid to click on it. Here it is
MOD EDIT: Link Removed

Can you tell me if this is actually to FB or is it a hacker OR how can I find out if this is really form Facebook or ir someone is trying to hack into my account? I hope I am not asking too much form U'all. Thank You for any advice you can give me.

KnightRider Aug 31 2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftquestion (Post 5866802)
Not sure if I am doing this right? I just have a couple of questions. 1,When you first open up the forum page there is a (thread?) about Facebook hackers sending out a message..... by Rob T. My question is would it be alright if I copied and pasted it to my FB so all my friends could see it?
2, I just got an email from FB saying someone had logged into my FB acc. from a different location..... and gave me a link to click on, now I'm afraid to click on it. Here it is
MOD EDIT: Link Removed
Can you tell me if this is actually to FB or is it a hacker OR how can I find out if this is really form Facebook or ir someone is trying to hack into my account? I hope I am not asking too much form U'all. Thank You for any advice you can give me.

Hello ftquestion,

I don't know if that link is a good link or not, I would say that only FB would be able to tell you that for sure. You can see what locations your account has been accessed from. Go to your Facebook page and click on the triangle icon that is on the far right side at the top, shown in the picture below in the black box.
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...cb&oe=5476169A

Then click on Settings, then on the left hand side click on Security, then go down to "Where you're logged in" and on the right side click on edit. This will show the location of where someone has accessed your account. If you see a location and type of equipment that you don't recognize you can cancel that session.

turbo terry Aug 31 2014 07:35 AM

Perhaps it is time for the support team to give a little info that might show the players with the problems just how far behind they are....maybe there could be a quantity for how many tickets they have and the date of the tickets they are currently working on.....perhaps some levels of frustration would go away if people with problems had a better idea of when resolution could come other than "in a few weeks"

Eradani Aug 31 2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com (Post 5866702)
When I attempt to use the provided password to access my support ticket number, I get a message stating that my password is incorrect? I copy pasted the provided password, so I am not sure what is happening?

just a thought but sometimes copy/paste grabs a space at the end of a line or the end-of-line character so this might be making your password incorrect.

you could check by copying from the email and pasting into notepad and making sure there's no extra characters at the end or beginning of the password

ckpeer@gmail.com Aug 31 2014 10:15 AM

Thanks Eredani; Your suggestion worked :) Typing in the password was the trick. When I got to my support ticket, it was marked "urgent", so hopefully it will not take another week to get to my question, since I have waited 4 weeks already.

GarrettHillBabe Aug 31 2014 02:02 PM

Ink/Pigments

I would love to see changes made in regards to the pigment vs ink usage.

I've always heard the term pigmentin regards to paints. Therefore am wondering why the Devs. have chosen to use the inks for nearly everything that needs color. The stamp roll should be inks as we have it now BUT when it comes to anything of wood or metal that has colors used it SHOULD be the PIGMENTS not the inks. :(
Can anyone please tell my why the INKS are used on those items? :confused:
TYVM.

If the DEVS. had to play the game as well as dream up the goodies they make for us and play it on a home computer comparable to what the majority of players use I am quite sure they too would realize how nearly impossible it is to keep up with the HEAVY need for the INK ingredients these days. FT prefers we not layer especially on large farms as it causes problems for them and us YET they make it impossible to keep up with need for SUNFLOWERS and SOYBEANS if players do not layer. Yes there are a few of my farms layered with plots for crops which a good friend did while she was helping by working my farms when I was in the hospital. I'd never hurt her feelings by telling her I hate layers so have left them AND darn wish those came with instructions for planting, I have a terrible time planting those couple of farms!

I know why she did it. Was in hopes of keeping up with the HEAVY need for INK ingredients.

Thanks for hearing me out on this my pet peeve. OH and has no one told the DEVS. that PRUNES are actually dried plums? Never until this game did I ever hear of a prune tree! AND PLEASE, PLEASE tell them it is SHRIMP whether 1 or more than one, you'll NEVER hear a SHRIMPER call them anything BUT shrimp!!! Thanks, just another pet peeve of mine, everytime I see it my jaw hurts, gritting my teeth.
Jackie

ftquestion Aug 31 2014 10:58 PM

Thank You Knight Rider, I did that when I first got the email and didn't see the location the email stated. I go to the "where you are logged in" all the time. I was told if you clear out all but the current it helps the game load quicker. Still would like to know if it would be ok if I copied and posted the hacker thread by Rob T?
On the clear memcache, it says to only do this when told to.? I do it often because my farm loads slow. Am I doing something wrong? Even when I clear it I can go back to do it again and there is still all that writing in there.

KnightRider Aug 31 2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftquestion (Post 5867290)
Thank You Knight Rider, I did that when I first got the email and didn't see the location the email stated. I go to the "where you are logged in" all the time. I was told if you clear out all but the current it helps the game load quicker. Still would like to know if it would be ok if I copied and posted the hacker thread by Rob T?
On the clear memcache, it says to only do this when told to.? I do it often because my farm loads slow. Am I doing something wrong? Even when I clear it I can go back to do it again and there is still all that writing in there.

Hello ftquestion,

Your welcome. The reason you should only clear the FT memcache when there is a problem is that it clears all your FT data on the Slashkey servers so that all new data has to be loaded, that is one reason it takes longer to load your farm after doing the memcache. The unsetting that you see when you use the memcache is it is clearing all of the data so that the new data can be loaded. That is why we say only to do it when told to clear the FT memcache.

About the copy and paste of that warning you would have to send a message to Rob T and ask him if it is okay.