Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

RichieRoo Aug 30 2018 10:42 AM

farm town contest

why did farm town stop doing contests i looked forward to them every month please fetch it back :( :mad:

Taz D Aug 30 2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieRoo (Post 6258922)
why did farm town stop doing contests i looked forward to them every month please fetch it back :( :mad:

Hi RichieRoo,
The contests were discontinued because of lack of participation and it was always the same small group who particpated. I am sorry, but we may only bring them back for some holiday times. We are not bringing them back on a recurring monthly contest at this time.

Blondielee Sep 02 2018 11:22 PM

I think there was such small participation because it was the same group which many felt intimidated by and I don't think that a lot of FT players are even aware of the forum or the contests.

ccheney Sep 03 2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blondielee (Post 6259274)
I think there was such small participation because it was the same group which many felt intimidated by and I don't think that a lot of FT players are even aware of the forum or the contests.

Exactly. Some look like they were done by professional artists and unless you know how to design elaborate photos you didn't stand a chance of winning. I won once a year and a half ago and was only because there were at most 10 entries and none of them were elaborate photo designs just use of the Easter decorations in the store at the time.

Aneida Sep 04 2018 06:55 PM

I have been away due to health issues and comeback to check what is the theme for Farm Design Contest and instead find out that there is no more contest.
I have participated in contest when I could and in all the years I have played - I only won a few but that never discouraged me, instead it encourage me to step it up and try harder. The extra cash helped.

james_a_thompson Sep 18 2018 03:02 PM

Can't find open thread to post this

I use Puffin on my Android-based cell phone because it supports (or used to) both Flash and Java for the games I play on Facebook. Puffin has somehow hacked FarmTown so that I am required to watch commercials or pay them to play your game. I hope you are getting some financial kickback from Puffin for blocking your game because what they've done is really pissing me off.
R/
James T

Taz D Sep 18 2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_a_thompson (Post 6263410)
I use Puffin on my Android-based cell phone because it supports (or used to) both Flash and Java for the games I play on Facebook. Puffin has somehow hacked FarmTown so that I am required to watch commercials or pay them to play your game. I hope you are getting some financial kickback from Puffin for blocking your game because what they've done is really pissing me off.
R/
James T

Hi James,
You will need to talk to Puffin, because this is nothing Farm Town has done and no they are not getting any money from those. I have a feeling you have a free version of Puffin and they have added ads to get you to purchase the paid version.

Aussie Rae Sep 18 2018 06:16 PM

re Puffin browser and farmtown, I use Puffin and have done so for a couple of years with no problems at all... no ads or commercials... wonder if the person is using the game room to access the game? its best to use the web address for facebook and then click on farmtown..

lrk352 Sep 22 2018 09:21 AM

thank you

thank you so much for your hard work in fixing the shrinking gift box.. i know you must have gotten tons of complaints .. i did not write one but i am writing to thank you for fixing the problems

WingmanFarm Sep 22 2018 07:14 PM

Although I was still able to send gifts, it was an annoyance and I will also put my thank you here. Now my neighbors can send me gifts.:D

Walkies Sep 23 2018 01:32 PM

I second that motion!!

ccheney Sep 29 2018 10:44 PM

I believe the the one we should be thanking is Facebook. I was told it was a problem on their end not Farm Town or Slashkey

RichieRoo Jan 01 2019 08:45 AM

farm town contest

please bring back the design contest :D

Taz D Jan 01 2019 11:27 AM

Hi RichieRoo,
I am sorry, but we are not bringing back the contests.

Farmette Tenna Jan 06 2019 06:42 PM

Is Facebook your only platform?

I know someone has asked this question before, but is Facebook seriously the only social platform that Slashkey has to offer Farm Town from? Has no other social platform been explored as a viable alternative to Facebook? A lot of us are not happy with the political and liberal censorship Facebook has levied against us lately, many are considering walking away. That will cost me neighbors, and you money, if my friends decide to leave Facebook, because I can't play by myself and there goes your game aka money maker. Anyway, it's something to consider. And before you say try the Gameroom, I have and it's not a viable option for this game and seriously doubt it ever will be.

Taz D Jan 06 2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmette Tenna (Post 6278934)
I know someone has asked this question before, but is Facebook seriously the only social platform that Slashkey has to offer Farm Town from? Has no other social platform been explored as a viable alternative to Facebook? A lot of us are not happy with the political and liberal censorship Facebook has levied against us lately, many are considering walking away. That will cost me neighbors, and you money, if my friends decide to leave Facebook, because I can't play by myself and there goes your game aka money maker. Anyway, it's something to consider. And before you say try the Gameroom, I have and it's not a viable option for this game and seriously doubt it ever will be.

Hi Farmette Tenna,
Farm Town was on My Space a few years back, My Space decided to drop all games on their network.

Facebook is the only way to play Farm Town and though I can't speak for the developers of Farm Town, I don't think they will add another platform as each one requires different programming. Gameroom is a Facebook product so it does work with the same program code and some do play only on it to keep from having to see the newsfeed.
If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions forum where we organize those by subject for the developers to see. You can not start a new thread in that forum, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

annroger Jan 17 2019 11:46 AM

Cost of upgrading farms

This is not a problem that I need help or advise on.
It's a protest!!! Why does FT keep draining us dry by increasing the cost in FC on everything. Upgrading farms from 12 x 12 started at about 5,000,000,000. Now it's 28,500,000,000. Yet they offer us a pittance of 2FC on each quest if we work hard enough to actually get the 8 and 13.
Is there any way farmers can protest and ask for more or do they just not care?

Taz D Jan 17 2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annroger (Post 6280102)
This is not a problem that I need help or advise on.
It's a protest!!! Why does FT keep draining us dry by increasing the cost in FC on everything. Upgrading farms from 12 x 12 started at about 5,000,000,000. Now it's 28,500,000,000. Yet they offer us a pittance of 2FC on each quest if we work hard enough to actually get the 8 and 13.
Is there any way farmers can protest and ask for more or do they just not care?

Hi Annroger,
I moved your post to the General Feedback since it is not a post for help. You can make a suggestion in the Suggestion section to ask for more, but it is up to the developers whether they increase any rewards for the quests or change the amount of coins for land upgrades. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

catlady971 Jan 17 2019 10:23 PM

New Items

Is there anyway you can please change the trees, flowers and especially the fish..they have been the same for years---need new items please..and make it easier to level up--can't afford to buy any credits and it takes forever just to get an expansion.. Thank you for listening..:)

Taz D Jan 17 2019 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady971 (Post 6280226)
Is there anyway you can please change the trees, flowers and especially the fish..they have been the same for years---need new items please..and make it easier to level up--can't afford to buy any credits and it takes forever just to get an expansion.. Thank you for listening..:)

Hi catlady,
If you wish to make a suggestion you need to post it in the Suggestions section and not in the General Feedback section. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion. If you are making suggestions about more than one thing then please make separate suggestions in the appropriate thread for each.

Susan Canning Feb 24 2019 07:11 AM

Yeast problems

Not sure where to put this, I own 4 semis, do trains and boats, collect all bonus and ingredients I can but still run out of yeast, can it be added to one of the cargo trains? or just a large increase in production please. i even bought from a friend almost every day when she had semi as super fac

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...8289&farm_ix=0

Unmasqued Feb 24 2019 09:55 AM

I have 9 semi's, and still can't keep enough yeast. Definitely need to increase production!

Taz D Feb 24 2019 10:00 AM

If you wish to make a suggestion please put it in the Suggestions section where we organize all suggestions by subject for the developers to view. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

okcowgrl Mar 09 2019 10:01 PM

Selling at market

I was off for awhile, and the super neighbor thing is new to me. What's happening in the market now is no one comes just wanting to buy if I want to sell. Everyone wants free. Game used to be simpler

Taz D Mar 09 2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcowgrl (Post 6288078)
I was off for awhile, and the super neighbor thing is new to me. What's happening in the market now is no one comes just wanting to buy if I want to sell. Everyone wants free. Game used to be simpler

Hi Okcowgirl,
The items they are wanting for free are the items from the Super Facility introduced last month. Those are the only items you can get or give away for free because they do not cost you anything to produce and you have to give them away or sell them in order for you to get the items added in your storage. Anything else you can sell, but must be for a minimum percentage under the market price. You can read about it in the Game Guide chapter 13 on Facilities:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478002

You can find information about the super neighbor in the Game Guide chapter 5 about neighbors:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314834

ron boy Mar 11 2019 12:21 AM

unsatisfied

I`m sorry but at 80 years of age I cannot comprehend all the RUBBISH I have to go through to try and get an answer to my problem ,If this is what you expect me to go through , keep your bonuses and I will contemplate leaving Farm town

Taz D Mar 11 2019 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron boy (Post 6288278)
I`m sorry but at 80 years of age I cannot comprehend all the RUBBISH I have to go through to try and get an answer to my problem ,If this is what you expect me to go through , keep your bonuses and I will contemplate leaving Farm town

Hi ron boy,
We can't answer your problem with the minimal amount of information you gave in your first post about your problem. Please answer the questions asked of you by the moderator. Your post is in the Help & Support thread about Problems with crops and products disappearing from Storage.

You can find your post on the page in the following link and the answer from the moderator directly under it:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...594558&page=40

KoalaB Apr 10 2019 09:39 PM

Shrimp production

Apologies for not doing this request correctly - but honestly at my age how do I know what's a new 'thread' - too hard to find.:confused:
My question is: For heavens sake when are you going to increase the production for Shrimp, Crawfish and Pearl Oyster. :rolleyes:
Over to you ... or whoever?

Taz D Apr 10 2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoalaB (Post 6293806)
Apologies for not doing this request correctly - but honestly at my age how do I know what's a new 'thread' - too hard to find.:confused:
My question is: For heavens sake when are you going to increase the production for Shrimp, Crawfish and Pearl Oyster. :rolleyes:
Over to you ... or whoever?

Hi KoalaB,
You need to post your suggestion in the Suggestions section, not the General Feedback. You can't start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

dorissau Apr 22 2019 05:37 PM

Farm decor

Looking to see what's new and want you to know that it's CORDWOOD, doesn't play any music at all.

sassy cat Apr 25 2019 10:36 PM

buying land

Please tell me why you charge so many coins to add or buy land. It doesn't cost that much in real life to buy land. It's really hard to be able to buy land or expand . people do have to work in real lift. But I'm lucky and retired. I play 8 to 10 hrs a day. It would be nice to lower the price. Thank you. I'am a ADDICT of the game and have been playing sense 2009/

JohnAlbertini May 25 2019 08:37 PM

WHY does out avatar have an option to return to our farm?

I accidentally lost a work job clicking my avatar twice BY MISTAKE (and the game did not offer the chance to be rehired as it has in the past)!

We don't NEED the option when clicking on the avatar since we have the HOME icon to click if we wish to GO HOME

Taz D May 25 2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6302498)
WHY does out avatar have an option to return to our farm?

I accidentally lost a work job clicking my avatar twice BY MISTAKE (and the game did not offer the chance to be rehired as it has in the past)!

We don't NEED the option when clicking on the avatar since we have the HOME icon to click if we wish to GO HOME

Hi John,
If you want to suggest a change for the program then please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize them by subject for them to view. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

JBrooks May 31 2019 05:35 PM

"Super Facility Trade Market"

When players were talking about a 'separate' place for trading/selling/gifting SF items, we were talking about a completely separate room JUST for those using the SF to sell/gift to NON-neighbors. I went to the Trade Market and two people actually REPORTED about 7 farmers for trying to offer them free stuff!! They were bothered because they were trying to "do stuff", or so they said. I think the Trade WAREHOUSE will become a hit once your neighbors learn how to use it, but we desperately need a separate 'room' away from those trying to sell goods and/or selling to the mayor. PLEASE CONSIDER DOING THIS FOR US!
Thank you!
"Super Facility Trade Market" has a nice ring to it. :D

Taz D May 31 2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBrooks (Post 6303650)
When players were talking about a 'separate' place for trading/selling/gifting SF items, we were talking about a completely separate room JUST for those using the SF to sell/gift to NON-neighbors. I went to the Trade Market and two people actually REPORTED about 7 farmers for trying to offer them free stuff!! They were bothered because they were trying to "do stuff", or so they said. I think the Trade WAREHOUSE will become a hit once your neighbors learn how to use it, but we desperately need a separate 'room' away from those trying to sell goods and/or selling to the mayor. PLEASE CONSIDER DOING THIS FOR US!
Thank you!
"Super Facility Trade Market" has a nice ring to it. :D

Hi jBrooks,
If you want to make a suggestions please put it in the Suggestions section and not in the General Feedback. We organize the suggestions there by subject for the developers to view. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

jeemersmom Jun 10 2019 07:17 AM

Land prices are obscene and counterproductive

:mad: I understand that the devs don't create/maintain this game for free but the increase in land prices is out of control. Sadly, the devs don't seem to understand that requiring a lifetime's earnings to buy a 12x12 farm hurts everyone. Even if we can buy that small patch of land, we can't afford to upgrade it. If we can't upgrade, we won't buy more seed/tools/trees/etc. We can't do the farming that will bring in more cash/coins. The money grab by the devs at the beginning shuts off the cash flow spigot for farmers because we have no money left to successfully farm that patch of land.
Land is the foundation of a successful farm.
Instead of doling out a pittance of farm cash occasionally, lower land prices...something that will benefit all of us.

Taz D Jun 10 2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassy cat (Post 6295562)
Please tell me why you charge so many coins to add or buy land. It doesn't cost that much in real life to buy land. It's really hard to be able to buy land or expand . people do have to work in real lift. But I'm lucky and retired. I play 8 to 10 hrs a day. It would be nice to lower the price. Thank you. I'am a ADDICT of the game and have been playing sense 2009/

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeemersmom (Post 6304986)
:mad: I understand that the devs don't create/maintain this game for free but the increase in land prices is out of control. Sadly, the devs don't seem to understand that requiring a lifetime's earnings to buy a 12x12 farm hurts everyone. Even if we can buy that small patch of land, we can't afford to upgrade it. If we can't upgrade, we won't buy more seed/tools/trees/etc. We can't do the farming that will bring in more cash/coins. The money grab by the devs at the beginning shuts off the cash flow spigot for farmers because we have no money left to successfully farm that patch of land.
Land is the foundation of a successful farm.
Instead of doling out a pittance of farm cash occasionally, lower land prices...something that will benefit all of us.

If you wish to make a suggestions please put it in the Suggestion section where we organize them by subject for the developers to view. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

user007 Jun 25 2019 02:12 PM

why oh why

I have repeatedly asked that yeast be added to ships and trains and my requests go unfulfilled and unanswered we need more yeast and clay blocks neither one is from a workable facility, you cant buy any so tell me WTH we're supposed to do...:( :( :mad: :mad:

jsigler25 @yahoo.com Jun 25 2019 06:16 PM

increase production

I think they need to increase production with dairy barns and chicken coops because they keep adding more and more restaurants requiring more of these items like cow milk and hen eggs

Taz D Jun 25 2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsigler25 @yahoo.com (Post 6307374)
I think they need to increase production with dairy barns and chicken coops because they keep adding more and more restaurants requiring more of these items like cow milk and hen eggs

Hi jsigler,
If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize them by subject for the developers to view. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.