Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- April 28th, 2011 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426290)

Raul Apr 28 2011 09:15 PM

New Release -- April 28th, 2011

[Please see additional notes and fixes at the bottom of this post]

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. Mother's Day items.

2. Product Adjustments:

- Tripled production in Cinnamon Factory
- Cheese production is now twice as fast, 2 hours instead of 4, this is like duplicating production if you have enough milk
- Salt received as gift now comes in batches of 200 instead of 100

3. Plower 5 x 5 (FC): If you already own the Plower 4 x 4, then you can buy this new plower to plow up to 25 fields at a time.

4. Friend Activity Panel: Right below the game screen there is a panel that shows you how your friends are helping you, like who: sent you regular/farm cash gifts, sent you ingredients, worked at your facilities, worked at your farm, sold you products, watered your flowers, etc.

5. Sell All Selected Products in Market: Each product in the market window will have a check box in the upper left corner (except when using the Non-Ingredients filter). Also, there is a 'Sell Selected' button below the filter selector (top-right) that will allow you to sell all selected (checked) products in one click.

The check box state is remembered from session to session so if you have a set of products that you always sell, you just need to check those products only once.

Once a product is selected it will show as selected on all the filters.

6. Harvest-Plow Combine 5 x 5 (FC): If you already own the Harvester 5 x 5 and the Plower 5 x 5, then you can buy this new Harvest-Plow Combine to harvest and plow 25 fields at once.

If You own this tool and someone hires you for multiple jobs including harvest and plow, you will be able to use this tool as well.

7. Harvest Storage Increased: This time we increased the storage by 50% so you should be able to play longer time before your storage get's full again.

8. Pool Bar (FC): Produce Cocktails. You can produce Peach Liqueur in the Distillery.

Apple Martini
Bloody Mary
Sex on the Beach
Mojito
Pina Colada
Bourbon Highball
Bellini
Sangria

9. Sports Accesories Factory (coins): Produce Sports Accesories. The Maple tree can now be chopped, then the logs used in the Sawmill to produce the Maple Lumber Pile. You need the Maple Lumber Pile to produce some sports accesories and, in the future, some fine musical instruments.

Foil
Volleyball Ball
Flat Bow and Arrows
Bowling Pin
Swimming Goggles
Ping Pong Racket
Shuttlecocks
Basket

10. Sports Arena (coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Hotdog
French Fries
Cheese Burger
Orange Soda
Farmerade
Foil
Bowling Pins
Flat Bow and Arrows
Ping Pong Racket
Basket

11. Glass Factory, School-Office Supplies Factory and Dance Club: Coming Tomorrow

We are also considering when a Hire Multiple is used for the employee to tele-transport always, so you don't have to wait for the harvest progress bars to finish in order to start plowing.

On the next release we will make several improvements to the gifting system and provide the capability for specific products and crops leveling, each product and crop will have 5 or 10 different levels, based on the total amounts of products done or crops harvested. The level will be used in the future to grant you different benefits.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

1. Launched the Glass Factory, Office/School Supply Factory and Dance Club Service Facility

2. When you are hired the avatar will jump (not walk) much more frequently now, so if you were hired with the Hire Multiple option for harvest and plow you will have to wait much less to start plowing

3. Combine 5 x 5 added to the plow vertical tool bar. In future releases we will find a way to include the 5x5 tools as well, or may be just replace the 4x4 tools with the 5x5 versions automatically if user owns them

4. We added a clarification note when selling selected items in market: "Note: When you select a product, all its variations (regular, large and gift) will be selected and sold as well"

5. Myspace crops and products disappearing from storage is now fixed

6. Fuel tanks credits given to users which may have lost fuel with the latest update

7. The cursor for the Plower 5 x 5 now have the correct size

8. The Graphic Help (?) for both Windmills now shows correct ingredient quantities for wheat

9. When hired and using the Combine tool, sometimes other people present on the same farm were seeing random uncompleted fields and the progress bar never went away

Double T Dude Ranch Apr 28 2011 09:15 PM

Fantastic!

amberdh Apr 28 2011 09:16 PM

Thank you :D

Suzie Brown-Dehner Apr 28 2011 09:17 PM

Thank you for the updates.. Awesome!

Tony D Apr 28 2011 09:18 PM

Molly Mew Apr 28 2011 09:20 PM

Nice update. Thanks Raul. :)

Rob T Apr 28 2011 09:21 PM

Thanks Raul Great Update :)

DARLENEW Apr 28 2011 09:23 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you......oh, did I remember to say thank you!!!!!!! You are so fantastic, Raul.....lots of hugs to you!!!:):):)

jsbh821 Apr 28 2011 09:24 PM

Awesome updates!!

You guys rock!!

JAS0643 Apr 28 2011 09:27 PM

Thanks for the update.

TraceyMush Apr 28 2011 09:29 PM

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Farm Town is the best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
l LOVE that l can get almost everything with in game coins! l have bought Farm cash but l didn't HAVE too LOL!!

Thanks guys for the awesome free game!!

lynwoo60 Apr 28 2011 09:33 PM

thankyou for the new updates they are great and as usual you always release new things when i have to go away for a few days lol
now i have question what is crop leveling does this mean we to level out our crops lol
sorry but am an aged person and not up with a lot of things lol
no seriously i haven't the foggiest what you mean by crop leveling can someone escplain this to me
ty again for the great updates

Brian Sampson Apr 28 2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 4612682)

4.Friend Activity Panel: Right below the game screen there is a panel that shows you how your friends are helping you.

I do not see this, what I am missing?

SunnyD Apr 28 2011 09:35 PM

Yay for increased production on cheese........ actually my fav part at the moment lol lol

lcswdonna Apr 28 2011 09:38 PM

Thanks for the fantastic new tools, off to play at the market with the combine. :)

Double T Dude Ranch Apr 28 2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Sampson (Post 4612806)
I do not see this, what I am missing?

It shows if someone sent you something recently. I just refreshed and saw someone sent me a gift.

AC-DC Apr 28 2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyD (Post 4612814)
Yay for increased production on cheese........ actually my fav part at the moment lol lol

^^ mine too... :) awesome, thanks!

truddy122 Apr 28 2011 09:47 PM

Thanks,, but..??

I love the new things.. but I am also maxed out on levels.. how is a new person suppose to even have a chance to get "hooked" on the game if there are not things to help them compete? Not everyone has been playing as long as some of us.. Shouldnt there be something to make it easier for them to get some " edge" in too? just wondering.. I know you guys love my money.. you get me every time.. but some new people havent played long enough to WANT to pay for things...
Truddy

Jewbana Apr 28 2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsbh821 (Post 4612734)
You guys rock!!

But...Are we ever going to have neighbor's help for My Space, like they do on Face Book?

Docperk Apr 28 2011 10:02 PM

Thanks for updates... I love the new tools already been using the 5x5 combine. It is awesome!
Bought the pool bar too. Looks like there is going to be some partying on the farm tonight... :)

thank you thank you thank you

psycho_mommi Apr 28 2011 10:03 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...7Mz2GMmSoDe1Tt
:D yay raul!!!!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy devs!!!!:D

Momthebomb191 Apr 28 2011 10:03 PM

Another big Thanks!!!! Can't wait to try out the new features.

Brian Sampson Apr 28 2011 10:07 PM

Ok was cruising along fine with my 4x4's and had my farms set up for them. Was not even going to go for the 5x5's, but now I see I can harvest and re-plow all in one step? Of course it will take 95 FC$ to do (30+30+35). Ouch. Going to have to think about that one. Really appreciate the option though.

Texas Belle Apr 28 2011 10:15 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much, you guys are awesome.... getting the harvester and plower, wow what a relief...
Waiting for the other facilities to unlock... Fantastic...

Taz D Apr 28 2011 10:16 PM

Thanks Raul....was a nice surprise. Not even anyone begging....:D

sonnybrooks Apr 28 2011 10:17 PM

Great update thanks so much!!!

SunnyD Apr 28 2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Sampson (Post 4613018)
Ok was cruising along fine with my 4x4's and had my farms set up for them. Was not even going to go for the 5x5's, but now I see I can harvest and re-plow all in one step? Of course it will take 95 FC$ to do (30+30+35). Ouch. Going to have to think about that one. Really appreciate the option though.

holy molly how much Real cash i have to look at the buy FC page ....... think my budget will say nope you can't do that.........

earlgray Apr 28 2011 10:20 PM

Sounds like a wonderful update. The "Sell All Selected" sounds like a perfect solution to the marketplace selling problems I wrote about in the forum just yesterday. I'm very eager to try it all out - just as soon as we get past the inevitable initial glitches that seem to be keeping me from being able to do anything on my farm at the moment (which I'm sure will be resolved quickly). Thank you so much!

1fritz Apr 28 2011 10:22 PM

Thank you Raul and Devs...did think there would be anything for a couple of more weeks. This is a great suprise. Already bought the pool bar. Off to the bank to get some cash and see what else I think I need:D

Thanks again for the great update,
Fritz

CynthiaSue Apr 28 2011 10:25 PM

How much exactly would the combine cost if one had to buy the 4 by 4 and 5 by 5 plow and the 4 by 4 and 5 by 5 harvester and then buy the combine. Must be quite a bit of farmcash. I know most of us who came to love playing this game, didn't want to have to post thousands of posts on the wall in order to get cool items like the combine. However, in this game it appears that it is going to cost quite a bit of cash to be able to farm 9 or more farms and not spend the whole day doing it. I can imagine that another combine will be hitting the market in the future that adds seeding. It is great that some people can pay lots of real money to advance in games and that some people love getting tons of facilities without ever getting anything to make the game easier. But, the game has lost me. I still do not see any point in working hard at farming without any hope of getting any cool items such as the combine, just more farms and more facilities which take more farming in order to load. I don't want anymore facilities personally as it already has gotten boring loading them. I am top level, but don't suppose I will be after teh next levels come out and I don't see any reason to even work for more levels as all I will get for it is a bigger 9th farm and more facilities. I haven't seen any facility for quite some time that excites me enough to buy, even the farmcash ones. I still have some farmcash, but personally, there is nothing I want, except the combine, and don't have enough for that. Besides, from what I have seen the past year, this game is really only for those who spend real money on the game. The loyalty I showed this game for ever so long, has not earned me anything really. I started when it took forever to go up levels and even got people playing who can pay real money on the game, and I don't mind not being able to keep up with the Joneses, but there is nothing to work for anymore. I can farm to make more coins to expand my 9th farm. It is never ending. the 10th farm will come out and I can work to expanding it as well. If someone knows a point for a non cash playing, top level player, let me know. If I was creative, I could decorate, but alas, that has never been something I was good at. Never thought I would lose interest in this game as it was always my favorite. Oh well.

StoneFace Apr 28 2011 10:25 PM

.... leveling ....

hhmmmmm:confused:

this might prove to be interesting

Lee Ann Apr 28 2011 10:25 PM

As always you all have outdone yourselves, great work , I love this game , amd the is all because of the hard work and deication by the mods and the devs it just doesn't get any better than Farm Town !!!

freeaainnc Apr 28 2011 10:29 PM

wow!!! I'm so excited with this update and I will finally have enough cheese! thank you much!

WitW Apr 28 2011 10:29 PM

New stuff! Yippee! And cheese! What will people complain about? ;)

Lavenda Apr 28 2011 10:31 PM

lots of exciting stuff, thanks devs!

ScrapbookCzar Apr 28 2011 10:37 PM

Yipppeee! Sex on the Beach!!

tee hee

Animedevildog Apr 28 2011 10:45 PM

Yeah.... I knew there was a reason I was getting the American Express Black card...
I noticed one of my ideas has been used. (though I do not know if I was the one who first suggested the sellecting of selling stuff and the sell all selected button)

Double T Dude Ranch Apr 28 2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animedevildog (Post 4613158)
Yeah.... I knew there was a reason I was getting the American Express Black card...
I noticed one of my ideas has been used. (though I do not know if I was the one who first suggested the sellecting of selling stuff and the sell all selected button)

A lot of people suggested it, not sure who was the first, so that's fantastic it was added :)

JennaSweetness Apr 28 2011 10:47 PM

Thank You so much devs for all the new goodies. :)

I'm looking forward to when the new facilities are unlocked!

I hope there is an "ALL" button soon for the facilities...10 and 30 are nice, but ALL will be REALLY NICE! Oh and also, hiring people to work service facilities will be great too!

mischellesteelersfan Apr 28 2011 10:55 PM

thanks for this the night before my bday ty ty ty ty ty