Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Tools (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414906)

Tony D Mar 22 2010 09:19 PM

Discussions about Tools

http://autoclipart.com/auto_clipart_...8-4256_SMU.jpg

All discussions about Tools

Hi, due to the number of posts we are receiving in relation to Tools in the feedback section we have decided to make an Official thread for the topic. If you wish to provide feedback on this topic please post in this thread.

We are aware that there are some grey areas between feedback and suggestions, however if you only want to make a suggestion we ask that you post in the Suggestion section. This thread is the one to post in for suggestions about Tools.
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634702

We will endeavor to allow a bit more latitude in this section than in the other sections of the forum, however, please bear in mind we must stave off chaos.

Debates are allowed but posts which go beyond simple debates and fall into attacks against another member or out right name calling, or take a thread completely off track, will be removed.

geo1269 Dec 05 2010 02:11 PM

Fertilizer

How about making the fertilizing per plot not per farm. Sometimes you don't have enough fertilizer and would like to only fertilize certain areas instead of all of them

tnbravesgirl Dec 05 2010 02:19 PM

Get your neighbors to send you pigs.....
purchase another pig sty.....
I have more manure than I can possibly ever use....

jeanieNGMsfarm Dec 05 2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnbravesgirl (Post 4208370)
Get your neighbors to send you pigs.....
purchase another pig sty.....
I have more manure than I can possibly ever use....

i think i have about 80 or 90 pigs and in never run out i use it all the time

katrina719 Dec 05 2010 07:41 PM

2 Pig stys and 40 pigs. I can't use it all, collecting 2 times a day.

Don't feed the beggers Dec 05 2010 07:55 PM

i have 1 sty fiiled to cap. I have over 3000 piles of poop being stored. There is no reason why 1 sty, filled up and collected 2x a day, isn't enough..I collect 200 piles a day, enough to do 4 farms...if need be stagger the fertilzing and don'y fertilize at 3 days if the crops are still fertilized... a 4 day crop will still be fertilized on teh 4th day as long as you fertilized it before it was mature.....if it was per plot than people would ***** and moan about it taking up to much time like they do the facilities....

honeyg56 Dec 14 2010 06:49 PM

was going to ask whether we needed to fertilise even though the crops were fertilised prior to maturity, but this has answered my question. thank you :-)

Sandie Angel Dec 14 2010 08:05 PM

I have enough pigs manure, more than I can spread them. The trick is to get more pigs. I can't remember how many pigs do an entire farm, but all I've got was a little over 100 pigs and I've put most of them in the stys, except for a few that walk about the places; and that is plenty manure for me already!! Once a farm is fertilized, the whole farm stays fertilized for at least 72 hours, and within these 72 hours you can collect 6 times manure from the stys and that's plenty already. I've only have 4 farms with fields and am never short of crops except in some instances when I would forget to plant rice for the fish.

You only need 50 manure to fertilize a farm for 72 hours.....I think; and even after the 72 hours has elapsed, those crops that you have fertized will STAY BEING FERTILIZED until you harvest them. I have more manure than I can use. Too bad we can't sell them. LOL!!

Sandie Angel :)

ESharon Jan 01 2011 09:58 AM

Fertilizing

As a newbie, I need to understand how to fertilize more than one farm.... do I need stys on both farms and then how do I use the manure spreader on a second farm?:confused:

Taz D Jan 01 2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESharon (Post 4290686)
As a newbie, I need to understand how to fertilize more than one farm.... do I need stys on both farms and then how do I use the manure spreader on a second farm?:confused:

No you do not need stys on both farms. Put the manure spreader in your storage and then you can use it from the Extended Toolbox. Select it and click anywhere on the farm. That will fertilize it for 72 hours.

tk61 Jan 03 2011 02:37 AM

7 farms, 95 piggies and I have never run out of manure. I have so much pig poop that I do not even collect it everyday now.

Scarlet Jan 03 2011 07:28 AM

76 pigs is more than enough for 7 farms :)

SueW170 Jan 04 2011 10:55 PM

I now have the orange manure spreader and plenty of manure. When I fertilize a farm with pine trees on it, all my crops and all my harvestable trees fertilize; however, some pines fertilize while others don't. Though maybe mature ones don't fertilize, but that isn't the answer. Any explanation? Not a gripe of problem, but I am curious.
BTW, I love the look of the fertilized trees on my winter farms. Gives them a frosty look.

Taz D Jan 04 2011 11:01 PM

Sue just like the crops, if the tree is fully grown it will not fertilize.

SueW170 Jan 05 2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmslave (Post 4301586)
Sue just like the crops, if the tree is fully grown it will not fertilize.

Okay, thanks for the info. Of course, it's hard to know if a pine tree is fully grown or not since they come back from the stump looking just like a fully grown tree and are choppable. So, now I'll know that if they don't fertilize they are full grown.

Scarlet Jan 05 2011 07:25 AM

I think what this means is that you (or I!) have to fertilize before the chopped trees reappear.

SueW170 Jan 05 2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlet (Post 4302534)
I think what this means is that you (or I!) have to fertilize before the chopped trees reappear.

Probably. Though the first time I fertilized with the orange manure spreader, many full grown pines got fertilized which other didn't. Oh, well, either way, it's still a bonus to have even part of them be fertilized:)
I am adding a few more pigs now to have more fertilizer available since a small number was adequate when only crops were fertilized. No problem since we can exchange gifts.

Scarlet Jan 05 2011 06:36 PM

You still only need to fertilize every three days. I have 75 pigs which keep all my farms fertilized with some to spare.

SueW170 Jan 06 2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlet (Post 4303858)
You still only need to fertilize every three days. I have 75 pigs which keep all my farms fertilized with some to spare.

Just went back and counted my pigs. I have 10 in the pen and 27 in the sty. That seemed enough for my 7 farms (not all fully expanded and none planted edge to edge with crops) before the orange spreader and ability to fertilize trees was added.
Thanks for your comment. I think I will add more pigs -- maybe build up to 60 or so.
Too bad all that virtual cow, goat, sheep and chicken manure goes to waste LOL

Tony D Jan 06 2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SueW170 (Post 4305114)
Just went back and counted my pigs. I have 10 in the pen and 27 in the sty. That seemed enough for my 7 farms (not all fully expanded and none planted edge to edge with crops) before the orange spreader and ability to fertilize trees was added.
Thanks for your comment. I think I will add more pigs -- maybe build up to 60 or so.
Too bad all that virtual cow, goat, sheep and chicken manure goes to waste LOL

I reckon you need another 30 Sue...

SueW170 Jan 06 2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony D (Post 4305142)
I reckon you need another 30 Sue...

I think you're right, Tony. I'm working up to that number now. May need the air freshener factory soon to freshen up the air over farm 6 LOL

Jailnurse Jan 16 2011 11:52 AM

I just did a quick test on a farm to see if the game does indeed give double the harvest. I harvested 50 fields of wheat and the stone mill only saw 50 units. When does the game calculate the double harvest? I'm concerned because when I harvest the blue save button goes off every other field. Am I not giving the buffer time to save? I ask this question now after 8+months of fertilizing. AAUUGGHH!

Jailnurse Jan 16 2011 12:04 PM

Okay, did another test allowing the blue save to finish each time. This time harvested 160 fields, again stone windmill only saw the 160. Am I missing something here?

Rob T Jan 16 2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailnurse (Post 4346190)
Okay, did another test allowing the blue save to finish each time. This time harvested 160 fields, again stone windmill only saw the 160. Am I missing something here?

Flour is of a ratio of 2 fields to 1 bag of flour, so in order to get the 160 bags of flour, 320 fields worth of wheat would have gone into the mill to produce it. Therefor it is doubled harvest

Jailnurse Jan 16 2011 12:34 PM

Okay, that makes sense. Probably I knew that at one point! Thanks!

Jailnurse Jan 16 2011 12:36 PM

Rob, can you answer why the blue save goes off and on when harvesting, plowing etc? Do I need to pause and let the save finish? Thanks again.

Rob T Jan 16 2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailnurse (Post 4346274)
Rob, can you answer why the blue save goes off and on when harvesting, plowing etc? Do I need to pause and let the save finish? Thanks again.

It's just saving as you're going, everytime the blue light comes on, it's saving something to the server. kinda like your hard drive light :)

Dan OConnor Sr Jan 19 2011 08:51 AM

How to Fertilize all Farms

Can you tell me how I can Fertilize all 7 of my Farms. It's only letting me do 3.

Dan OConnor Sr Jan 19 2011 08:54 AM

enough to do 4 farms

Can you tell me how I can Fertilize all 7 of my Farms. It's only letting me do 3.

Taz D Jan 19 2011 04:01 PM

How much fertilizer do you have?
What message are you getting when you try to fertilized the other farms?

Dan OConnor Sr Jan 19 2011 04:13 PM

That I don't know.

I get no messages. I have 7 Farms and it only let me do 3. when I move it to another Farm that isn't fertilized, it gets stuck and does nothing. I have to go back to where I left it originaly and put it in storage.

Double T Dude Ranch Jan 19 2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan OConnor Sr (Post 4361558)

That I don't know.

I get no messages. I have 7 Farms and it only let me do 3. when I move it to another Farm that isn't fertilized, it gets stuck and does nothing. I have to go back to where I left it originaly and put it in storage.

Well hover your mouse over the manure spreader and it tells you how much you have. Sounds like you may have run out. You can leave your manure spreader in storage and access it from any farm through the toolbar too :)

And the crops are still growing? Not ready to harvest? Cuz then fertilizing won't help anyway if it's full grown.

Sandie Angel Jan 20 2011 01:47 PM

Orange Spreader Does Not Work In Some Farms

I have done the fertiilizing in my farms with the orange spreader, but seems like some of the trees would not take it. Still appearing non-fertized.

In my farm 1 my cocnut trees and the mangoes trees are stll not fertilized.

My entire farm 4 is not fertiilized.

My entire farm 6 is not fertizlied. I suppose the olive trees are fruit trees as well.

In my farm 2 only the lemon trees are fertilized, the mangoes and the walnut trees are not.

Please kindly look into this and let me know what's going on. I have both the red and the orange spreader.

Sandie Angel :confused:

samsmum Jan 20 2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandie Angel (Post 4366518)
I have done the fertiilizing in my farms with the orange spreader, but seems like some of the trees would not take it. Still appearing non-fertized.

In my farm 1 my cocnut trees and the mangoes trees are stll not fertilized.

My entire farm 4 is not fertiilized.

My entire farm 6 is not fertizlied. I suppose the olive trees are fruit trees as well.

In my farm 2 only the lemon trees are fertilized, the mangoes and the walnut trees are not.

Please kindly look into this and let me know what's going on. I have both the red and the orange spreader.

Sandie Angel :confused:

Hey Sandie Angel
are the trees you are trying to fertilize ready to harvest? the fertilizer works on trees the same as on crops so if they are ready to harvest then you are unable to fertilize them :)

Sandie Angel Jan 20 2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsmum (Post 4366570)
Hey Sandie Angel
are the trees you are trying to fertilize ready to harvest? the fertilizer works on trees the same as on crops so if they are ready to harvest then you are unable to fertilize them :)

They have been ready to harvest for a long time. I had been away from farm town for the past few weeks, but came back when they have the upgrades. Now it seems like all the trees were ready to harvest, so I've got the orange spreader to fertilize them, but after I sprinkled them with the fertilizer, only some trees would show highlighted with the (F) which means they're being fertizlied already,other trees aren't highlighed and don't have the (F) on them means they're still not fertilized. I don't know the rasson why they would not be fertilized. I hope this will be fixed soon. I want to add that some of my plowed fields in some of my farms might have already been fertilized by the red spreader some weeks ago, but wouldn't that be all gone and done with by now? ...so many days have passed already so the plowed fields must have been become unfertilized already; and now when I used the orange spreader on some farms it gave me the message that farm was already fertilized, but I can only see some of the trees being fertilized already; and some aren't yet. Seems like the mangoes are not taking the fertilizer.

This is a mystery. I hope it will be resolved very soon.

Thanks so much for your prompt response. I thought I had posted this in the wrong place, so have posted same message in the "Help Forum" as well. I hope I can get a reply from there too. Thanks so much!!

Taz D Jan 20 2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandie Angel (Post 4367010)
They have been ready to harvest for a long time. I had been away from farm town for the past few weeks, but came back when they have the upgrades. Now it seems like all the trees were ready to harvest, so I've got the orange spreader to fertilize them, but after I sprinkled them with the fertilizer, only some trees would show highlighted with the (F) which means they're being fertizlied already,other trees aren't highlighed and don't have the (F) on them means they're still not fertilized. I don't know the rasson why they would not be fertilized. I hope this will be fixed soon. I want to add that some of my plowed fields in some of my farms might have already been fertilized by the red spreader some weeks ago, but wouldn't that be all gone and done with by now? ...so many days have passed already so the plowed fields must have been become unfertilized already; and now when I used the orange spreader on some farms it gave me the message that farm was already fertilized, but I can only see some of the trees being fertilized already; and some aren't yet. Seems like the mangoes are not taking the fertilizer.

This is a mystery. I hope it will be resolved very soon.

Thanks so much for your prompt response. I thought I had posted this in the wrong place, so have posted same message in the "Help Forum" as well. I hope I can get a reply from there too. Thanks so much!!

Trees that are Ready to Harvest cannot be fertilized. They must be fertilized before they are fully ready. Nothing to fix. It is the same with crops.

phsl Feb 21 2011 11:04 PM

The number of hours left on the fertilizer on farms keeps changing in big numbers - like from 1 hour to 33 hours a bit later. Then to something else again. Also, I checked that my farms are fertilized when finished planting, and today one sugar field was not when I came to harvest it. With a long growing crop , 3 to 4 days and the field is fertilized when planted but not to the full extent of time I have found the crop is fertilized but the trees aren't when that less time expires. Something needs to be done to rectify this difference in what is fertilized on the same farm. This is getting to be a real problem for me to know when to do it and then the number of hours remaining keeps changing. arghhhh Thank you

ScottLanter Feb 21 2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phsl (Post 4471754)
The number of hours left on the fertilizer on farms keeps changing in big numbers - like from 1 hour to 33 hours a bit later. Then to something else again. Also, I checked that my farms are fertilized when finished planting, and today one sugar field was not when I came to harvest it. With a long growing crop , 3 to 4 days and the field is fertilized when planted but not to the full extent of time I have found the crop is fertilized but the trees aren't when that less time expires. Something needs to be done to rectify this difference in what is fertilized on the same farm. This is getting to be a real problem for me to know when to do it and then the number of hours remaining keeps changing. arghhhh Thank you

I fertilized my crops and 2 days later, they needed fertilized again. I thought maybe it was my imagination. But, after reading your post, I'm thinking it wasn't my imagination at all. Although, it's not that big of a deal to me, I guess. I've got plenty of fertilizer left. I do hope the problem clears up for others who may not have an ample supply, though.

JAS0643 Feb 22 2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phsl (Post 4471754)

I have seen this happen when there is less then an hour left on the clock. The clock is supposed to switch from hours to minutes but there seems to be a glitch in the system that causes the issue you are talking about. It really isn't that big a deal the corps only have to be fertilized at some point during the growing processes. The farm does not have to be fertilized when you plant or when you harvest just as long as the farm was fertilized at some point during the growing processes.

Scarlet Feb 22 2011 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS0643 (Post 4472190)
I The farm does not have to be fertilized when you plant or when you harvest just as long as the farm was fertilized at some point during the growing processes.

This means that the farm might be fertilized when you plant your crops, but no longer be fertilized when you harvest your trees or flowers, so that the crops wuld be fertlized but the trees or flowers would not be. I try to check fertilization every time I harvest anything so that I catch all the trees.