Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Neighbors, Super Neighbors, & Buddies (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648270)

rockcandymountain Jul 02 2022 09:12 PM

The one I am trying to add shows up in my neighbor bar with everything checked that needs to be checked with adding someone as a super neighbor. Yet, the neighbor bar of the person I am trying to add doesn't show the host farmers icon.

Taz D Jul 02 2022 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcandymountain (Post 6498422)
The one I am trying to add shows up in my neighbor bar with everything checked that needs to be checked with adding someone as a super neighbor. Yet, the neighbor bar of the person I am trying to add doesn't show the host farmers icon.

Hi Rockcandymountain,
I do not know what you mean by the host farmers icon? ARe you talking about the red dot? If so that will only show on their box in their neighbor bar when they visit your farm.
You will see the red dot indicating he is a super neighbor of yours only on your neighbor bar.
You previously said you didn't show on his neighbor bar. Has he sent you a neighbor request and have you accepted it?

Cassie Glass Jul 05 2022 03:34 PM

I need Neighbors

I started playing Farm Town in 2009, but stopped for a few years. I started back in December of this past year. All of my old neighbors have disappeared. I can't enlarge my early farms because I have to have at least 30 neighbors. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

marymarcel Jul 05 2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassie Glass (Post 6498718)
I started playing Farm Town in 2009, but stopped for a few years. I started back in December of this past year. All of my old neighbors have disappeared. I can't enlarge my early farms because I have to have at least 30 neighbors. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Hi Cassie Glass :)

Welcome back to the game :)

We have an open thread where you can post asking for neighbors.

Please be sure to read the first post of that thread for instructions on how to post and which information you need to provide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

rockcandymountain Jul 05 2022 07:53 PM

I really think there is a glitch somewhere. I've got 2 friends, who before tonight were not friends on FB.
They sent and accepted friend requests. Then they did the same with neighbor requests.
The neighbor requests are sent 1 way and accepted then sent the other way and it never shows up on the request tab. I've seen this now 3 or 4 times in the past several days accross several different accts.

Taz D Jul 05 2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcandymountain (Post 6498730)
I really think there is a glitch somewhere. I've got 2 friends, who before tonight were not friends on FB.
They sent and accepted friend requests. Then they did the same with neighbor requests.
The neighbor requests are sent 1 way and accepted then sent the other way and it never shows up on the request tab. I've seen this now 3 or 4 times in the past several days accross several different accts.

Hi rockcandymountain,
Is it you not seeing the neighbor requests in the My Request or the ones you sent are not being seen.
Whoever is not seeing the request after it has been sent needs to try clearing the memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

ALso you can check the Game Activity for your gifts and see if they are showing up there. Here is a link to that:
https://www.facebook.com/games/activity

honeyg56 Aug 03 2022 01:57 PM

Neighbour

I have sent a neighbour request to someone but she is not receiving it, she sent me one I responded. I am showing up in her list of neighbours but she is not showing up in mine. Any suggestions on a fix for this please

Taz D Aug 03 2022 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeyg56 (Post 6501370)
I have sent a neighbour request to someone but she is not receiving it, she sent me one I responded. I am showing up in her list of neighbours but she is not showing up in mine. Any suggestions on a fix for this please

Hi Honeyg,
I moved your post to the thread about neighbors.
The only thing I can suggest is for you to send it again. Go to your My Neighbors tab, click in the box for that person to remove the neighbor request you sent and then click to send it again. Let her know to look in her My Requests for it.
You do have 107 neighbors already so you may not have room for her. If you go to the My Neighbors tab it should tell you if you are full.

kittredgerobinc Aug 06 2022 05:51 AM

I don't no where to go for help so this is my problem My neighbor Carolyn Safar when I go to her farm to work her facilities the screen stay green so I can't do anything.

Tiger Aug 06 2022 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittredgerobinc (Post 6501506)
I don't no where to go for help so this is my problem My neighbor Carolyn Safar when I go to her farm to work her facilities the screen stay green so I can't do anything.

Hi kittredgerobinc,

Without using a facility request, look for her in your neighbours bar at the bottom of the game screen, then click on her and use the visit option to go to her farms. See if you can load all her farms with the items you have set to show in your preferences like crops etc.

If you are having difficulty loading any of them when doing that, then it sounds like the farm she is posting facility work from has a lot of items on it. That may be things like overlapped crops, things on top of crops, overlapped waters, a lot of facilites or animals not in buldings.

What you can try before you work anyone's facilities is to turn off everything in your preferences like show crops etc then try working them. That will mean that you have less to load when you try as what might be happening is the facility work might be completed and everything she has on that farm is trying to show up by the time you go there.

Another item you can check in your game preferences is disabled is the Show Animals when not at Home option. See if you have a check mark added for that, if you do, remove the check mark and remember to click the green check mark to save the change. Unless you have a reason to see the animals on someone else's farm, leave that check mark off.

Gabbysmama Aug 14 2022 03:38 AM

neighbors

Quote:

Originally Posted by forever.yours32 (Post 6384954)
Adding neighbors needs to be fix. Neighbors wont add i cant see them on the list therefore i cant help them with anything.

We need to be able to have more neighbors. I have a lot of empty spaces but it will not let me fill those spaces.

marymarcel Aug 14 2022 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabbysmama (Post 6502454)
We need to be able to have more neighbors. I have a lot of empty spaces but it will not let me fill those spaces.

Hi Gabbysmama :)

The Neighbors limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not all IDs are the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length, so the number of neighbours you can have can vary from 80 to around 110, depending on the ID's.

At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased.

Farmgalpatti Aug 14 2022 07:55 PM

`I am getting help request by non-friends for advancing their ships and trains. How are they doing this and how do I stop it? Thank you

Taz D Aug 14 2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmgalpatti (Post 6502486)
`I am getting help request by non-friends for advancing their ships and trains. How are they doing this and how do I stop it? Thank you

Hi Farmgalpatti,
You are getting those because the person sending them is your neighbor, but they are playing more than one account and using the switch user function in Facebook. Facebook made some changes to that function that is causing the wrong information to be sent for those train and ship requests.

For the trains do not boost them through the train manager. Instead go to the My Requests and boost those from there as they will have the correct information in that.
For the ships you will have to load them in the ship manager as those can't be done in the My Requests.

Deluxxe Aug 25 2022 06:43 PM

no room for new neighbors

As I'm looking the list of my neighbors...I see this message....Your neighbour list is full. Please remove some neighbours before you add more.

I fail to see the value of removing a neighbor just to add another. I have under the impression that the more friends and neighbors you have the better preference for gaining xp's and coins.

Now that I'm restricted from adding neighbors, is there something I need to do so can add more neighbors.

Thank you,

Keith

marymarcel Aug 25 2022 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deluxxe (Post 6503774)
As I'm looking the list of my neighbors...I see this message....Your neighbour list is full. Please remove some neighbours before you add more.

I fail to see the value of removing a neighbor just to add another. I have under the impression that the more friends and neighbors you have the better preference for gaining xp's and coins.

Now that I'm restricted from adding neighbors, is there something I need to do so can add more neighbors.

Thank you,

Keith

Hi Deluxxe :)

I moved your post to the tread about Neighbors.

The neighbors limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not all IDs are the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length, so the number of neighbours you can have can vary from 80 to around 110, depending on the ID's. At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased.

When you receive that message you cant add more neighbors without removing some first.

What you can do, is see if any of your current neighbours have stopped playing. If they, have you can decide whether or not to replace them with someone who is currently active in the game.

Look in the your My Neighbours tab and use the following filter option:

Sort Players By: "Activity" and remove the check mark for "Show Active Players Only"

Then look at the dates showing in each of your friends boxes with a blue background, to see if anyone has not played in a while that you can remove as a neighbour to add someone else.

Larwin Aug 27 2022 06:49 PM

I want to add neighbor's by creating a buddy list in game and finding which ones are active then move them to my neighbor list without sharing my personal facebook page. can i do that yet?

marymarcel Aug 27 2022 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larwin (Post 6503958)
I want to add neighbor's by creating a buddy list in game and finding which ones are active then move them to my neighbor list without sharing my personal facebook page. can i do that yet?

Hi Larwin :)

No, you cant.

Neighbors have to be your friends in Facebook first and you can interact with them in several game features.

Buddies are only contacts in the game.

Larwin Aug 27 2022 07:04 PM

my friends get mad at me for advertising i need neighbors or they dont say anything at all to me. think everyone on my contacts just ignores me now if i post about the game. why can't i add neighbors within farm town. its backward. i understand i need get players outside the game to play. and a lot of people like me don't have social friends and game friends at same time. seems i should be able ask people from within the game to be my neighbor since we both play the game rather than try to get people that aren't even gamers to play the game. i had to go share my personal facebook page with people outside the game to add them as neighbors so much i had to block my contact list from being seen by even people i know. i like that facebook cared enough to allow us to not share our contacts. but to me it seems the game is backward and i should be allowed to add neighbor 'inside' the game not 'outside' the game.

marymarcel Aug 27 2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larwin (Post 6503966)
my friends get mad at me for advertising i need neighbors or they dont say anything at all to me. think everyone on my contacts just ignores me now if i post about the game. why can't i add neighbors within farm town. its backward. i understand i need get players outside the game to play. and a lot of people like me don't have social friends and game friends at same time. seems i should be able ask people from within the game to be my neighbor since we both play the game rather than try to get people that aren't even gamers to play the game. i had to go share my personal facebook page with people outside the game to add them as neighbors so much i had to block my contact list from being seen by even people i know. i like that facebook cared enough to allow us to not share our contacts. but to me it seems the game is backward and i should be allowed to add neighbor 'inside' the game not 'outside' the game.

If you want to make a suggestion, then post it in our Suggestion section.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

We have an open thread where you can ask for friends/neighbors is you wish
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

Also, you can restrict the audience for your posts when you post something about the game by creating a friend list in Facebook.

Taz D Aug 27 2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larwin (Post 6503966)

Hi Larwin,
To add to what Marcela has said, you must be facebook friends with them in order for them to see your facility, ingredient requests, and belt bonus posts as well as to be able to send and receive gifts and for you to be able to see theirs. All of that is done through Facebook. There isn't any way to have neighbors only from inside the game because all the interaction between neighbors has to go through Facebook.

Larwin Aug 27 2022 07:23 PM

i need a seperate facebook for farmtown.

Taz D Aug 27 2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larwin (Post 6503978)
i need a seperate facebook for farmtown.

Hi Larwin,
That is up to you, but Facebook does have rules about multiple accounts.
As Marymarcel said you can create a friend list of your Farm Town neighbors in Facebook and then use that list when you post to Facebook.

Larwin Aug 27 2022 07:30 PM

i try work something out this has frustrated me for a number of years. i started putting my farmtown posts for only me since a lot of people think it may be spam. I guess im old slow and lazy. I try filter my facebook but im not very good at it when i just want to play the game and let facebook do the sorting out of stuff. seems i ran into problems sharing the game with my friends and gamer friends. two groups but it all together on facebook. i stopped using facebook for social interaction and just play farm town when its active. I need two facebooks not one.

Larwin Aug 27 2022 07:43 PM

thanks guys I will get over it and try sort it out. i will look at setting tabs for facebook and farmtown and try making lists like talked about. i understand why it has to be complicated but i also understand I don't socialize with people in farmtown the same way as i socialize my family and friends. a lot of people i know have a different kind of life than me. some people work more , some people travel more, some people are gamers by nature. just need organize my facebook a little better again. feels like work lol.

GOBLUEFARM Sep 06 2022 12:09 PM

Unable to clear Super Neighbor

My Farm No. is 1461711253. I am trying to clear my wife's Farm 40 and she has set me up by going to my Edit Super-Neighbor. When I go to her farms, there is a Red Ball on her Farm 40 and when I go to her farm 40, there is a Green Glove showing BUT when I look at tools, there are NO Clearing Tools showing. I have ALL but the top Clearing Tool and She has about 5 Clearing Tools but I can't see ANY. I HAVE worked on many of her other farms with no problem before.??????????

Taz D Sep 06 2022 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBLUEFARM (Post 6506210)
My Farm No. is 1461711253. I am trying to clear my wife's Farm 40 and she has set me up by going to my Edit Super-Neighbor. When I go to her farms, there is a Red Ball on her Farm 40 and when I go to her farm 40, there is a Green Glove showing BUT when I look at tools, there are NO Clearing Tools showing. I have ALL but the top Clearing Tool and She has about 5 Clearing Tools but I can't see ANY. I HAVE worked on many of her other farms with no problem before.??????????

Hi Gobluefarm,
I moved your post to the thread about super neighbor.
Does she have the check in the box for Allow selling & buying items with my coins? If not then you can't delete anything off the farm.
If it is checked have her try removing you as a super neighbor, then both of you restart your farms. Then she can add you back and both restart farms again. Then see if you have those.

QueenMab99 Sep 07 2022 03:23 PM

30 Neighbors

Skip the post.

Alexandra_J Sep 10 2022 04:56 AM

Neighbours

Now that we have the Farm Pass and it's more interactive with neighbours and super-neighbours why is there still a limit for neighbours and super-neighbours. It's really bugging me that we're only allowed 20 supers as I like to help all my neighbours if possible.

And could you put the limit on Super-Neighbours in the trophies like you've done for the neighbours.

marymarcel Sep 10 2022 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandra_J (Post 6507126)
Now that we have the Farm Pass and it's more interactive with neighbours and super-neighbours why is there still a limit for neighbours and super-neighbours. It's really bugging me that we're only allowed 20 supers as I like to help all my neighbours if possible.

And could you put the limit on Super-Neighbours in the trophies like you've done for the neighbours.

Hi Alexandra :)

The neighbors limit is based in how many digit the database can hold and it is not possible to increase it at the present time.

As you know, if you want to make a suggestion you have to post it in our Suggestion section where we have several threadS for you to choose according to your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Larwin Sep 11 2022 01:54 AM

super neighbors set up for designing

one my neighbors wants help me on my farm. is there a problem still trying save the farm while editing fields? do i need to go offline when they are working on my farm?

in past i found i can add to farms but not delete whats already there. like for example: I had a 10x10 area already plowed but i couldnt clear that but i could add plowed fields around it. is that fixed now? so i can work on my farm same time my super neighbor is working?

in past it was a synching issue because sometimes super neighbors are in another country. they have to download their farm while the other player downloads files necessary to run while they are playing.

it may work better than that now. i just need to know if i may encounter issues still.

marymarcel Sep 11 2022 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larwin (Post 6507290)
one my neighbors wants help me on my farm. is there a problem still trying save the farm while editing fields? do i need to go offline when they are working on my farm?

in past i found i can add to farms but not delete whats already there. like for example: I had a 10x10 area already plowed but i couldnt clear that but i could add plowed fields around it. is that fixed now? so i can work on my farm same time my super neighbor is working?

in past it was a synching issue because sometimes super neighbors are in another country. they have to download their farm while the other player downloads files necessary to run while they are playing.

it may work better than that now. i just need to know if i may encounter issues still.

Hi Larwin:)

The issue has not been fixed yet.

If you and the superneighbor are on the same farm working then changes will not be saved.

You dont need to go off line, you only need to go to other farm while your superneighbor works on the farm set for designing. Once your superneighbor is done and left the farm, then you can go there to see the changes.

Larwin Sep 11 2022 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6507334)
Hi Larwin:)

The issue has not been fixed yet.

If you and the superneighbor are on the same farm working then changes will not be saved.

You dont need to go off line, you only need to go to other farm while your superneighbor works on the farm set for designing. Once your superneighbor is done and left the farm, then you can go there to see the changes.

so it can be edited while im working on another farm then thanks.

bosstech Sep 17 2022 12:56 PM

super neighbor

my daughter is my super neighbor and i had permission to work everything on her farm and i was doing everything ...but since yesterday i cannot go to the store or plant anything.......and on her two new farms, just started, i am not able to do anything but harvest...she has checked every box on SN to let me do everything

Tiger Sep 17 2022 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosstech (Post 6508526)
my daughter is my super neighbor and i had permission to work everything on her farm and i was doing everything ...but since yesterday i cannot go to the store or plant anything.......and on her two new farms, just started, i am not able to do anything but harvest...she has checked every box on SN to let me do everything

Hi bosstech,

A little clarification is needed please. Are you meaning that you are her super neighbour and you are the one having problems but only with some jobs not all of them?

Are you her only super neighbour or could she have added more?
How many does she have?
If she has more than just you, are they having any problems working her farms?

Are you seeing any of your tools or her tools when you open your toolbox when on her farms?

Could she have set the SN crop permissions in the toolbox for any of her farms to None which would prevent planting to be done as a super neighbour?

If you can't see any tools in your toolbox when you go to her farms and she hasn't set any SN crop permissions for her farms to None, please ask her to remove all the usual SN permissions for you again, click the green check mark to save the changes, then reload add them all back and save the changes again. Then you reload the game and see if that resolves anything for you.

If that doesn't help please try to get her Facebook User ID number. If she loads her game and scrolls down below the yellow box under her game screen she will see it.

bosstech Sep 17 2022 11:52 PM

i am her only super neighbor...i was able to do everything until yesterday...
i now cannot see the plow icon, the store, the purple hand, and the sow icon..
i can harvest/plow and that is it now....i was able to buy stuff from store and design too but not now
it is set for permission for me on all three farms
i will try what you said

bosstech Sep 18 2022 12:00 AM

it worked...thank you so much!

barbaraelwart Sep 18 2022 04:37 AM

Hi, My friend has me set as her SN. It is only for emergencies and I have not worked there for a very long time. When the Farm Pass came out, I tried to go to her farm to do some required work for my pass. However, I can do nothing there. She has checked all the boxes and they are all ticked for me to do all work. Am I missing something?

Lila63 Sep 20 2022 01:36 PM

I have a neighbor that occasionally wants to work for me. I am her neighbor also. When I hire her, she can't work. I've hired her at my farm, the market, the inn and the real estate office. It's always the same, she isn't able to work, no tools etc. I've cleared memcache and it still doesn't let her work. Today she needed to water some flowers with a watering can for the farm pass. She came to my farm with ready to water flowers and can do
nothing. She is my superneighbor with design on one farm. When I give her SN to farm it still doesn't work. Why can't I hire her to work for me? Any ideas are appreciated.

marymarcel Sep 20 2022 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lila63 (Post 6509114)
I have a neighbor that occasionally wants to work for me. I am her neighbor also. When I hire her, she can't work. I've hired her at my farm, the market, the inn and the real estate office. It's always the same, she isn't able to work, no tools etc. I've cleared memcache and it still doesn't let her work. Today she needed to water some flowers with a watering can for the farm pass. She came to my farm with ready to water flowers and can do
nothing. She is my superneighbor with design on one farm. When I give her SN to farm it still doesn't work. Why can't I hire her to work for me? Any ideas are appreciated.

Hi Lila :)

If she is your superneighbor there is no reason to hire her. She should be permanently hired to do the farming on your farms.

Does she have fuel? If she doesnt and you are not allowing yours, then she will not be able to use your big tools.

Is this happening for all your farms or only a few? Please go to your farms and click in the name. See if you have the Disable Superneighbor Farming option checked.
If it is checked then she will not be able to work those farms. Just uncheck the option and then click in the green check mark to save changes.

Also, your data shows that you have 27 superneighbor, you should be at your limit so I would recommend to check if you need all those superneighbors.