Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Neighbors, Super Neighbors, & Buddies (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648270)

Denise Dianna Dec 20 2023 06:03 PM

I have as many neighbors/buddies as allowed

but I am constantly getting new neighbor/buddy requests. Because I am soft hearted/headed I accept without being able to add to my neighbor/buddy list. Am I hurting myself somehow my adding neighbors/buddies when I cannot recipricate? sp? please advise am I hurting myself in someway I am unaware of?

Taz D Dec 20 2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeniseDJ (Post 6570558)
but I am constantly getting new neighbor/buddy requests. Because I am soft hearted/headed I accept without being able to add to my neighbor/buddy list. Am I hurting myself somehow my adding neighbors/buddies when I cannot recipricate? sp? please advise am I hurting myself in someway I am unaware of?

Hi DeniseDJ,
You are not hurting yourself except maybe that you will have many more trying to work your facilities and more for you to work in the wall requests so that you may miss some as they will drop off the list.

Clohar Dec 21 2023 12:19 PM

May I know how to invite new friends on Facebook to become a neighbour in Farm Town game. Tks in advance of helping me.

marymarcel Dec 21 2023 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clohar (Post 6570658)
May I know how to invite new friends on Facebook to become a neighbour in Farm Town game. Tks in advance of helping me.

Hi Clohar :)

One thing you can do is to use the facebook chat and send your farm link to them or ask them for their farm link and when you both meet on a farm, then you can use the avatar menu to add each other as neighbors.

bbarksda Dec 25 2023 09:15 AM

Facebook Friend

I have a facebook friend and we cannot see each other in Farmtown. Any ideas or anyway you can point me in the right direction. I go to neighbors and buddies icon and go to facebook friend. They are not showing up. We are friends in facebook. Have tried unfriending and re-friending more than once. Thanks for your help.-

Taz D Dec 25 2023 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbarksda (Post 6570850)
I have a facebook friend and we cannot see each other in Farmtown. Any ideas or anyway you can point me in the right direction. I go to neighbors and buddies icon and go to facebook friend. They are not showing up. We are friends in facebook. Have tried unfriending and re-friending more than once. Thanks for your help.-

Hi bbarksda,
The Facebook Friends list is no longer updated as Farm Town does not have access to that since it is not on Facebook any more. The only way is for you two to become neighbors or buddies in the game by meeting up on one or the other's farms and sending neighbor or buddy requests to each other.

bbarksda Dec 25 2023 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6570854)
Hi bbarksda,
The Facebook Friends list is no longer updated as Farm Town does not have access to that since it is not on Facebook any more. The only way is for you two to become neighbors or buddies in the game by meeting up on one or the other's farms and sending neighbor or buddy requests to each other.

How do we meet up on one or the other's farms without being neighbors/buddies? I don't see how that is possible. Please help.

marymarcel Dec 25 2023 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbarksda (Post 6570862)
How do we meet up on one or the other's farms without being neighbors/buddies? I don't see how that is possible. Please help.

Hi bbarksda :)

Taz is not available at this moment.

You are friends in facebook so for example you can send them your farm link using the facebook chat so you can meet there.

Once you both are on your farm, you or your friend can click in the other avatar and use the Add as Neighbor option.

amanda1955 Dec 27 2023 07:58 PM

why when you delete Facebook friends you ever get them back. I did to one of them cause they couldn't play on the new site because of their internet, he hadn't been on for months, but we are still friends on Facebook, he must of got his internet service so he can as noticed he is back on, but now I cant add him back, but can he ask to be a Neighbour or buddy his end, think what you have done is silly.. been over 6 months since he was playing and he has probably lost a lot of Neighbours etc over that time

Taz D Dec 27 2023 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda1955 (Post 6570966)
why when you delete Facebook friends you ever get them back. I did to one of them cause they couldn't play on the new site because of their internet, he hadn't been on for months, but we are still friends on Facebook, he must of got his internet service so he can as noticed he is back on, but now I cant add him back, but can he ask to be a Neighbour or buddy his end, think what you have done is silly.. been over 6 months since he was playing and he has probably lost a lot of Neighbours etc over that time

Hi Amanda,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about neighbors as this has nothing to do with the current release.
As long as he is registered to play on the website, you should both be able to meet at your farm or his and then click on the avatar menu and send requests to be neighbors or buddies. You can send them a link to your farms if you create one by the method in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662838
I am not sure what the developers did that you think is silly. The Facebook Friends List was only so you could add those on that list as neighbors or buddies. That is the only use for it and removing someone from that list does not remove them from the other lists. Also removing from that list in the game does not remove them from your Facebook as friends there.

Santmyer Dec 28 2023 08:08 AM

An Incovenient Issue With A Former Neighbor

About 2 months ago, I removed a neighbor because of their lack of activity and also because a few times in a row they had posted facilities and referrals and within an hour or so when I went to work them, nothing was left.

Starting about a month ago this person has been sending me gifts almost every day. I do not send back. I have tried to manage at least a dozen times. I am not neighbor or buddy with them and the little icons at their farms, shows X that I am not their neighbor or buddy.

They were A FB friend whom I only had for the sole purpose of FT. At that 2 month ago mark, after removing them as a neighbor, I also unfriended this person.

I have looked and looked again in reverse neighbor and buddy. They are not showing up. Is there something more I should be doing on my end?

marymarcel Dec 28 2023 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6571006)
About 2 months ago, I removed a neighbor because of their lack of activity and also because a few times in a row they had posted facilities and referrals and within an hour or so when I went to work them, nothing was left.

Starting about a month ago this person has been sending me gifts almost every day. I do not send back. I have tried to manage at least a dozen times. I am not neighbor or buddy with them and the little icons at their farms, shows X that I am not their neighbor or buddy.

They were A FB friend whom I only had for the sole purpose of FT. At that 2 month ago mark, after removing them as a neighbor, I also unfriended this person.

I have looked and looked again in reverse neighbor and buddy. They are not showing up. Is there something more I should be doing on my end?

Hi Santmyer :)

Please click en the Farmer List icon and then in Facebook friends.

See if that person is showing up there. If so, then remove them from your list. The pop up will show you that you will also be removed from their Facebook list.

Santmyer Dec 28 2023 08:53 AM

I should have included in my original post that I had already checked the FB friend list and they were not showing there either.

marymarcel Dec 28 2023 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6571014)
I should have included in my original post that I had already checked the FB friend list and they were not showing there either.

If they are able to send you gifts, then you are in their lists, as facebook friend, neighbor or buddy.

If you still have their farm link, please go to that farm, click in the little tool box on the lower left corner and then click in both red X for Neighbor and buddy to be sure you are not their neighbor or buddy. Please remember that the X in the little tool box doesnt mean you are not neighbor or buddy, it only allows you to click and remove yourself in case you are their neighbor or buddy.

If nothing works, then please contact Support team. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please include all details about your problem so you can get help faster. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

3 C Acres Dec 30 2023 02:21 PM

Layering a Neighbor's Farm

Can you layer a Neighbor's farm?

marymarcel Dec 30 2023 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 C Acres (Post 6571106)
Can you layer a Neighbor's farm?

Hi 3 C Acres :)

I moved your post to the thread about Superneighbors.

You can only layer for example ponds, if your superneighbor allowed you to design a farm and you can also use their coins.

You have full information in the following link from our Game Guide:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...58#post6548358

Qivis Dec 31 2023 11:29 AM

Just tried to report a problem with Super Neighbors who are not assigned to plant NOR plow are getting the harvest plow combine and it is working on random farms when it is not supposed to be working. But THIS FORUM asked me to log in again when I already WAS logged in and had spend a half hour typing. The automatic tool selector also keeps quitting after all the fruit trees have been shaken and staying on the shaker instead of switching to the next job to be done. Perhaps since this effects two tools the issues are connected. Since it is a recent problem I double checked to be sure that no one else has posted about this in the last few pages of the thread but did not see it reported.

Taz D Dec 31 2023 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6571162)
Just tried to report a problem with Super Neighbors who are not assigned to plant NOR plow are getting the harvest plow combine and it is working on random farms when it is not supposed to be working. But THIS FORUM asked me to log in again when I already WAS logged in and had spend a half hour typing. The automatic tool selector also keeps quitting after all the fruit trees have been shaken and staying on the shaker instead of switching to the next job to be done. Perhaps since this effects two tools the issues are connected. Since it is a recent problem I double checked to be sure that no one else has posted about this in the last few pages of the thread but did not see it reported.

Hi Qivis,
First you have 10 minutes to idle in the forums and will log you out if you have not posted or moved in the forums. The forum program sees you as idle when you are filling out your post because you are not moving around the forums. This is designed into the forum program and we can not change that.
Be sure to check the Super Neighbor individual settings as well as the Super Neighbor manager to see if those settings are turned off for them. If they are and they were still allowed to harvest & plow then please report this to Support for them to check on this. We will also test this within the moderators.
If the shaker was not dropped then it is still seeing some trees that need working. It may be that you possible have some trees accidently stacked on top of others that you can't see. You should be able to see this in the farm stats where it should show trees still ready on that farm. Is this happening on only one farm or on multiple farms?

EDIT: We have tested the SN settings for crops. What we found is if I am reading you right and you unchecked just the plowing and planting then they were actually handed the harvester which is similar to the icon for the combine. If they look in the toolbox the combines are greyed out, but the harvesters are not which would be correct for those settings.

Palmarina Jan 15 2024 03:43 AM

Hi, me too I have again problems with buddies or neighbours I removed, and then they still can send me gifts, trains and ships. I removed them from my and their buddy/neighbour lists, unfriended on facebook in case they were friends there. Cleared memcache and macromedia files. And restarted the whole process, but in vain. They still have me on one of their lists. Apparently this removal process does not work because I notice that more people encounter this problem.
I try to discourage these people by not clicking on their gifts, trains or ships, but sometimes I do not read who sent gifts, trains or ships and accept. So, I guess I am on their list of people who help them.

Do I have to report this or do they already know that?

Santmyer Jan 15 2024 04:19 AM

An Incovenient Issue With A Former Neighbor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmarina (Post 6572046)
Hi, me too I have again problems with buddies or neighbours I removed, and then they still can send me gifts, trains and ships. I removed them from my and their buddy/neighbour lists, unfriended on facebook in case they were friends there. Cleared memcache and macromedia files. And restarted the whole process, but in vain. They still have me on one of their lists. Apparently this removal process does not work because I notice that more people encounter this problem.
I try to discourage these people by not clicking on their gifts, trains or ships, but sometimes I do not read who sent gifts, trains or ships and accept. So, I guess I am on their list of people who help them.

I have the exact same issue with a former neighbor. Have posted on this same forum thread about it and also contacted support oh at least 2 weeks ago and am not getting needed help. Sure wish I could solve this on my own. Goodness knows I have tried.

marymarcel Jan 15 2024 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmarina (Post 6572046)

Hi Palmarina :)

If they are still able to send you trains, gifts then you are in their lists.

Please click in the Friends lists icon and check if are showing up there in any of the lists.
If you still can go to their farms then click in the little tool box and check if you were removed from their lists.

Other than that, you need to contact Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please include all details about your problem so you can get help faster. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

marymarcel Jan 15 2024 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6572050)
I have the exact same issue with a former neighbor. Have posted on this same forum thread about it and also contacted support oh at least 2 weeks ago and am not getting needed help. Sure wish I could solve this on my own. Goodness knows I have tried.

Did you get the automatic response?

If so, please send me a private message with the ticket number and I will ask Support.

If you didnt get the automatic response, let me know when you sent them the complain.

Santmyer Jan 18 2024 05:32 AM

I got a response from Slashkey Support

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6572058)

Did you get the automatic response?

If so, please send me a private message with the ticket number and I will ask Support.

If you didnt get the automatic response, let me know when you sent them the complain.

I got a response from Slashkey Support: It appears I was on the person's FB list within Farm Town. They are not sure how that could happen, but they have deleted me from the person's list manually so I should not receive anymore gifts or other interactions.

marymarcel Jan 18 2024 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6572326)
I got a response from Slashkey Support: It appears I was on the person's FB list within Farm Town. They are not sure how that could happen, but they have deleted me from the person's list manually so I should not receive anymore gifts or other interactions.

Great Santmyer! and thanks for coming back to let us know :)

bbarksda Jan 27 2024 01:16 PM

Neighbors

How do I add new neighbors that do not show up in facebook friends? Is there a way to add new facebook friends to neighbors?

marymarcel Jan 27 2024 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbarksda (Post 6572818)
How do I add new neighbors that do not show up in facebook friends? Is there a way to add new facebook friends to neighbors?

Hi bbarksda :)

If they are recent facebook friends, you or they can send the link for the farm via facebook chat and meet there.

You have more information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662782

Santmyer Feb 02 2024 02:41 PM

No response on an open ticket in support

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6572326)

I am posting this on the forum because I sent the following as conversation on an existing ticket on January 31st. There is no indication one way or another as to if it has been read yet. Should I open a new ticket?

Hello. You helped me with this issue. I truly appreciate it. However a person that I un-neighbored last week because she has not helped me in a while is still able to send me gifts even though I do not send back and I also go to her farm through the manage option and it is showing we are not each other's neighbors or buddies. I have attached a screenshot of her information and left today's gift in the list. I thought I read in the forum that other folks are having similar issues. Thanks in advance for reading this, and maybe solving it.

marymarcel Feb 02 2024 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6573266)
I am posting this on the forum because I sent the following as conversation on an existing ticket on January 31st. There is no indication one way or another as to if it has been read yet. Should I open a new ticket?

Hello. You helped me with this issue. I truly appreciate it. However a person that I un-neighbored last week because she has not helped me in a while is still able to send me gifts even though I do not send back and I also go to her farm through the manage option and it is showing we are not each other's neighbors or buddies. I have attached a screenshot of her information and left today's gift in the list. I thought I read in the forum that other folks are having similar issues. Thanks in advance for reading this, and maybe solving it.

Please contact Support again as they were the ones helping you with your previous issue which it seems it is the same like the one you have now.

If you have a gift or something from them, please do not delete it so they can check what is happening.

GrammieRee Mar 04 2024 09:59 PM

Can you tell me what it means when someone in your neighbor bar is red?

Taz D Mar 04 2024 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammieRee (Post 6575210)
Can you tell me what it means when someone in your neighbor bar is red?

Hi GrammieRee,
That was added in the latest release.

"3. Tell other farmers how long you are going to be unavailable in the game: There is a new 'Set Unavailable Status' option in your avatar menu that will allow you to set how many days you will be unavailable. When you are unavailable, others will see your picture on a red background in their neighbour bars, ship itinerary, farmer lists and when sending you gifts and train boosts.

Also, when they mouse over your picture, they will see how many days until you return to the game."

GrammieRee Mar 04 2024 10:11 PM

Oh wow, I either missed it or forgot. I'm old, ya know lol
Thank you so very much, Taz, you're a peach!! XOXO

djensen552 Mar 14 2024 01:14 PM

Hi. With the upgrades to neighbors and buddies saying that should be able to have a combo of 500, why am I maxed out at 139? Also, with this upgrade , when are we going to be able to have more super-neighbors? I have been maxed on them for years. Last question : I have been seeing players with a red manage under their picture when sending gifts. What does that mean? Thanks

ID: 10216723551458411

Tiger Mar 14 2024 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djensen552 (Post 6575730)
Hi. With the upgrades to neighbors and buddies saying that should be able to have a combo of 500, why am I maxed out at 139? Also, with this upgrade , when are we going to be able to have more super-neighbors? I have been maxed on them for years. Last question : I have been seeing players with a red manage under their picture when sending gifts. What does that mean? Thanks

ID: 10216723551458411

Hi djensen552,

The possibility to have up to 500 farming friends is a combination of both Neighbours AND Buddies.
You can have more buddies than you can Neighbours.
If your neighbour list is full at 139 then you can look at adding more Buddies as currently you don't have very many of them. Then when they on either list, you can also switch Neighbours to Buddies and Vise Versa according to your needs, as to who would benefit you more by being a Neighbour or a Buddy.

Manage when seen means you have no connection to that farmer yet so they are either not on YOUR Neighbour List or not on YOUR Buddy list.
To be able to interact with them like send them gifts, work their facilities and for other features of the game, you need to add those that have Manage showing to one of your Lists, as a Neighbour or as a Buddy.

The Facebook Friends list section can no longer update no we have left Facebook so if any of your friends are on that list and you sill need them make sure that they are either on your Neighbour list or your Buddy list as that section is likely to be removed in the future.
Click on Manage and it will show you options to add as Neighbour or add as Buddy. Remember that as your Neighbour List is currently full you will not be able to add them as a Neighbour unless you make room for them so what you can do is add them as a Buddy for now then decide later which of your farming friends are better for you as a Neighbour or as a Buddy.

Example of how to use Manage can be found by clicking on this link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...22#post6542722

Details on why you need far more Buddies now than before we left Facebook and why it's had to change are in the GameGuide Chapter 05 - Neighbours and Buddies Farmer Lists along with all the various new methods to add Neighbours and Buddies or remove them and how to use the Farmers List.

The Super Neighbour limit has not been changed. Remember, that feature was intended only for those needing temporary help when away on vacation or a short illness, rather than as a permanent setting even though some like to do that. If you would like to suggest increasing that limit please post your request in the Suggestions area where the developers will see it to consider.

suemack Apr 19 2024 05:01 PM

How to freeze farm for a few days

Hi guys, I know this will be in the forum somewhere, but couldn't find it. I'm going away for a couple of days so wanted to freeze my farm if possible as not sure how long I will be.

Thanks so much

marymarcel Apr 19 2024 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suemack (Post 6578158)
Hi guys, I know this will be in the forum somewhere, but couldn't find it. I'm going away for a couple of days so wanted to freeze my farm if possible as not sure how long I will be.

Thanks so much

Hi suemack :)

There is no way to freeze a farm while you are out, but you can set your status as Unavailable.
You have information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...78#post6574778

Read carefully about what to do with your ships.

If you have crops that could get wasted while you are out, then you could ask a superneighbor to work those farms or let those farms plowed or with long term seeds.

suemack Apr 19 2024 05:07 PM

Thank you so much Mary!

marymarcel Apr 19 2024 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suemack (Post 6578166)
Thank you so much Mary!

You are welcome suemack :)

RIAP27 Apr 20 2024 04:04 PM

I am having trouble figuring out how to add a new friend to my FarmTown neighbors. I would like to send her a neighbor request and she one to me. But we cannot figure out how to find each other to actually send a neighbor request. As far as I know she is not on this forum.I read as much as I could here, but am getting quite the eyestrain. Any help would be appreciated!

Taz D Apr 20 2024 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIAP27 (Post 6578330)
I am having trouble figuring out how to add a new friend to my FarmTown neighbors. I would like to send her a neighbor request and she one to me. But we cannot figure out how to find each other to actually send a neighbor request. As far as I know she is not on this forum.I read as much as I could here, but am getting quite the eyestrain. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Riap,
First thing you need to do is fix the links you have in your signature here. Change facebook to slashkey. Then you can copy one of those links and send it to her in a Facebook messenger chat message. Using that link she can come to your farm and send you a neighbor request which you can accept and send one back to her.

RIAP27 Apr 20 2024 04:13 PM

Thanks Taz,
I will do that!