Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Neighbors, Super Neighbors, & Buddies (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648270)

Taz D Jul 24 2023 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ky1960 (Post 6555618)
Some of my neighbor's picture doesn't appear at the bottom with the rest of the neighbor's photos. They have registered on the new site and are playing on it but no photo on what I call the ladder at the bottom next to the chat box. Any thoughts as to why or just a glitch?

Hi KY,
It is because they did not allow Farm Town to collect the information from their Facebook to get the picture from there. In the Accounts tab they can add or change a picture when that is enabled. It is not currently working so they will have to wait.

texans Jul 24 2023 12:31 PM

One of my neighbors took me off their neighbor list and they removed me from having them as a neighbor. Problem is, they go back and neighbor me. Is there a way to make it to where I have to approve it? Somehow, they have me back as neighbor and sent me Exports. I am not sure why they are doing this, but I'd like it to stop. They also have sent me angry messages because I don't export to them as often as they want.

Taz D Jul 24 2023 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texans (Post 6555626)
One of my neighbors took me off their neighbor list and they removed me from having them as a neighbor. Problem is, they go back and neighbor me. Is there a way to make it to where I have to approve it? Somehow, they have me back as neighbor and sent me Exports. I am not sure why they are doing this, but I'd like it to stop. They also have sent me angry messages because I don't export to them as often as they want.

Hi Texans,
If it is just changing one way of neighbor link and they re-add you then no you will not get a notification. The only thing you can do is remove yourself from theirs and remove them from your list. That should get you a notification if they try to add you again. If that doesn't work then you can always block them.

Ky1960 Jul 24 2023 12:40 PM

Ok ty. We will watch for it in the future.

texans Jul 24 2023 12:42 PM

When she did remove me as neighbor, she had me removed at the same time. A day later, she has me as neighbor again without a notification. Even though she is not on my list. So, I'm at their farm on another tab and removed them from having me on their neighbor list. So, how do I block them, so they are not able to re-add me over and over?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6555630)
Hi Texans,
If it is just changing one way of neighbor link and they re-add you then no you will not get a notification. The only thing you can do is remove yourself from theirs and remove them from your list. That should get you a notification if they try to add you again. If that doesn't work then you can always block them.

Taz D Jul 24 2023 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texans (Post 6555638)
When she did remove me as neighbor, she had me removed at the same time. A day later, she has me as neighbor again without a notification. Even though she is not on my list. So, I'm at their farm on another tab and removed them from having me on their neighbor list. So, how do I block them, so they are not able to re-add me over and over?

Hi Texans,
Information on how is in the Game Guide chapter 7:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662926

texans Jul 24 2023 12:49 PM

Problem is I don't see their avatar or a current message. Is there another way?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6555642)
Hi Texans,
Information on how is in the Game Guide chapter 7:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662926

Taz D Jul 24 2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texans (Post 6555646)
Problem is I don't see their avatar or a current message. Is there another way?

Hi Texans,
No there is no other way. If they add you again or send you an ingame message again you can do it then.

texans Jul 24 2023 01:04 PM

Just sent them a message asking them to please not add me again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6555650)
Hi Texans,
No there is no other way. If they add you again or send you an ingame message again you can do it then.

SirMatthew KC Jul 24 2023 06:06 PM

Missing profile photos

1 Attachment(s)
Hi. I know this isn't a serious problem. A number of my neighbors used to have a profile photo from Facebook and when they logged into Slashkey, they had one also. Now those are missing. On a couple, they tried memcached (the correct one) and it didn't fix it. Any ideas as to why this happened?

I have a number of people who send me train boosts with common names and I can't tell who is who when I want to return them.

I imagine this is part of the severing from Facebook. It just confused me since I KNOW the three in this photo have logged in often on the Slashkey site.

marymarcel Jul 24 2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirMatthew KC (Post 6555726)
Hi. I know this isn't a serious problem. A number of my neighbors used to have a profile photo from Facebook and when they logged into Slashkey, they had one also. Now those are missing. On a couple, they tried memcached (the correct one) and it didn't fix it. Any ideas as to why this happened?

I have a number of people who send me train boosts with common names and I can't tell who is who when I want to return them.

I imagine this is part of the severing from Facebook. It just confused me since I KNOW the three in this photo have logged in often on the Slashkey site.

Hi SirMathew KC :)

I moved your post to the thread about Neighbors.

It could be due they didnt allow Farm Town to collect their information from their Facebook accounts when they got the pop up to do that months ago.

They will need to wait till the Upload picture is released in the Account Tab to be able to add or change a picture.

SirMatthew KC Jul 24 2023 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6555738)
Hi SirMathew KC :)

It could be due they didnt allow Farm Town to collect their information from their Facebook accounts when they got the pop up to do that months ago.

They will need to wait till the Upload picture is released in the Account Tab to be able to add or change a picture.

AH! THAT could well be it! Thank you!!!

marymarcel Jul 24 2023 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirMatthew KC (Post 6555774)
AH! THAT could well be it! Thank you!!!

You are welcome SirMathew KC :)

rockcandymountain Jul 24 2023 11:25 PM

Since a lot of the neighbors avatar is now blank, how are we to tell them apart if they share the same name and are the same level?
Also, is it safe to assume that every neighbor we now see on slashkey are all people who made the switch over rom Facebook?

Taz D Jul 24 2023 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcandymountain (Post 6555882)
Since a lot of the neighbors avatar is now blank, how are we to tell them apart if they share the same name and are the same level?
Also, is it safe to assume that every neighbor we now see on slashkey are all people who made the switch over rom Facebook?

Hi Rockcandymountain,
I moved your post to the thread about neighbors. Those are not their avatar that are blank. Unfortunately Facebook may be blocking Farm Town to get the pictures from your Facebook profile. The developers have not enabled the feature to upload a picture yet in the Account tab. The only way you can tell them apart right now if they do not have the picture is by their name.
If you see the green dot on them showing they are online in the game then yes they have to be on the website since Facebook has deactivated the other version. You may still have neighbors though that have not made the move. They will still show as your neighbors.

em5148 Jul 25 2023 12:52 PM

Supper Neighbors

Juniper is my Super Neighbor. However, when she goes to my farm there are no tools at all for her, only the green manure spreader and the blue watering can. Where are all my tools that she should be using, or at least her tools?

marymarcel Jul 25 2023 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by em5148 (Post 6555958)
Juniper is my Super Neighbor. However, when she goes to my farm there are no tools at all for her, only the green manure spreader and the blue watering can. Where are all my tools that she should be using, or at least her tools?

Hi em5148 :)

Is this happening in all your farms or only in one or a few of them?

All your supernieghbors have the same problem?

Which job does this superneighbor want to do?

You tools are in storage and you are sharing them as well as your fuel. Im not sure which set you have for your fuel, if you have it set to use first, then your SN shouldnt have problems.
But if you have it set to use it last, and you SN doesnt have fuel, then that could be the problem.

LisaScobee Jul 25 2023 04:42 PM

On the game screen in the new game. It was previously working.

Taz D Jul 25 2023 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6556010)
On the game screen in the new game. It was previously working.

Hi LisaScobee,
Are you talking about your avatar in your farms or are you talking about your neighbors pictures in the neighbor bar?
If it is the neighbors pictures (not avatar pictures) then the problem is Facebook may have stopped Farm Town from getting those. We will be able to add a picture later, but it is not ready yet.
If you are talking about your own avatar try restarting your farms.

LisaScobee Jul 25 2023 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6556014)
Hi LisaScobee,
Are you talking about your avatar in your farms or are you talking about your neighbors pictures in the neighbor bar?
If it is the neighbors pictures (not avatar pictures) then the problem is Facebook may have stopped Farm Town from getting those. We will be able to add a picture later, but it is not ready yet.
If you are talking about your own avatar try restarting your farms.

The avatar when I log into Farm Town Website.

Taz D Jul 25 2023 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6556018)
The avatar when I log into Farm Town Website.

Hi LisaScobee,
That is not an avatar picture it is normally whatever picture you have as your profile picture in Facebook. Not all the pictures are being able to down load by Farm Town from Facebook.

You will be able to add a picture back for that when the developers get the add picture function working in the Account tab. Until then it will be the blank avatar picture.

JNelson Jul 26 2023 07:22 AM

move if wrong category - do we have a way yet to verify if a person is an active player- search for a specific person

marymarcel Jul 26 2023 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNelson (Post 6556098)
move if wrong category - do we have a way yet to verify if a person is an active player- search for a specific person

Hi JNelson :)

If you click in Farmer Lists Icon, then you can see the last activity for Neighbors, Buddies and Facebook Friends.

JNelson Jul 26 2023 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6556114)
Hi JNelson :)

If you click in Farmer Lists Icon, then you can see the last activity for Neighbors, Buddies and Facebook Friends.

if the person is neither, is there a way?

marymarcel Jul 26 2023 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNelson (Post 6556126)
if the person is neither, is there a way?

If they are not your neighbor, buddy or friend in facebook there is no way for you to know the last activity.

DocMac Jul 26 2023 02:17 PM

Missing some neighbors' pictures

Several of my neighbors don't have their pictures on the neighbor ladder. This started Monday, 24 July 23.
How can we get our pictures back?

marymarcel Jul 26 2023 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocMac (Post 6556158)
Several of my neighbors don't have their pictures on the neighbor ladder. This started Monday, 24 July 23.
How can we get our pictures back?

Hi DocMac :)

We are aware of the missing pictures for some neighbors.

The developers are working to let all of us upload profile pictures. Once it is released, then we will be able to have pictures in the website.

Thanks for your patient.

Raenie Aug 03 2023 08:37 AM

Farms not updating to show Super Neighbor changes

Hi,

I've updated the data (farming, fields & planting) on my farms for the first username farm.

Using the second username farm.

The changes don't show on updated farm for first user.

I ran this on both users Farmtown games;

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Changes aren't updated;

The changes made by the Super Neighbor don't show up on the owners' farms!

Not sure if I explained the problem correctly!?

~thanks

marymarcel Aug 03 2023 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raenie (Post 6557526)
Hi,

I've updated the data (farming, fields & planting) on my farms for the first username farm.

Using the second username farm.

The changes don't show on updated farm for first user.

I ran this on both users Farmtown games;

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Changes aren't updated;

The changes made by the Super Neighbor don't show up on the owners' farms!

Not sure if I explained the problem correctly!?

~thanks

Hi Raenie :)

I moved your post to the thread about Superneighbors.

Im not sure to understand, are you changing your farm's name to your superneighbor's names so they know which farms they have to work?

If it is that, after changing the farm name, are you clicking in the green check mark to save changes?

Raenie Aug 03 2023 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6557534)

I moved your post to the thread about Superneighbors.

Im not sure to understand, are you changing your farm's name to your superneighbor's names so they know which farms they have to work?

If it is that, after changing the farm name, are you clicking in the green check mark to save changes?

No,

I'm working my new farm as a Superneighbor.

The changes I make are updated on the Superneighbor's view of the farms.

They are "not" updated on the owners' view of the farm, when I switch back to that account. They still show the crops I just harvested as my other "self".

marymarcel Aug 03 2023 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raenie (Post 6557550)
No,

I'm working my new farm as a Superneighbor.

The changes I make are updated on the Superneighbor's view of the farms.

They are "not" updated on the owners' view of the farm, when I switch back to that account. They still show the crops I just harvested as my other "self".

Those changes are not reflected in the farm itself or in the Show work Info when you click in Show Names in the grid?

If it is in the Show work info or in the Farm stats, you have to wait 10 or 5 minutes depending if you own the Mobile Lookout tower.

Raenie Aug 03 2023 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6557558)

Those changes are not reflected in the farm itself or in the Show work Info when you click in Show Names in the grid?

If it is in the Show work info or in the Farm stats, you have to wait 10 or 5 minutes depending if you own the Mobile Lookout tower.

Oops, never mind, I just checked them and they are updated now!
Sorry to have bothered you!

Thank you for your help! :)

marymarcel Aug 03 2023 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raenie (Post 6557574)
Oops, never mind, I just checked them and they are updated now!
Sorry to have bothered you!

Thank you for your help! :)

You are welcome Raenie :)

elkins20 Aug 04 2023 01:27 PM

Adding Facebook friend?

I have a friend on Facebook that I wish to add as a neighbor. I have found her on my other account and added her without a problem. Her name is Gia Amara and she is my friend on facebook. Bit in the facebook list on slashkey farmtown she does not show up. But I was able to find her and add her as a neighbor on my other account. Can you help me? Thank-You.

marymarcel Aug 04 2023 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkins20 (Post 6557774)
I have a friend on Facebook that I wish to add as a neighbor. I have found her on my other account and added her without a problem. Her name is Gia Amara and she is my friend on facebook. Bit in the facebook list on slashkey farmtown she does not show up. But I was able to find her and add her as a neighbor on my other account. Can you help me? Thank-You.

Hi elkins20 :)

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

If you added her as a friend in facebook after facebook disabled the game, then that is why you are not finding her in your list.

As you are friends with your other account, you could send her your farm link for the account where you cant find her, and if she visits you, she could add you as neighbor using the little tool box in the bottom left side of your farm.

Or she could visit and send you an ingame message and then you could use the icons in the message to add her as neighbor.

Or just send her your farm link in the facebook chat, so you both can visit or meet at a farm.

Please read the following information in case you have any doubts:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662782

Dr. Dirt Aug 06 2023 07:07 AM

I have people that are no longer my neighbors or buddies and I am no longer theirs (I checked). Why do I still see their posts for facility work and they still see mine (I see where they've worked my facilities). I should no longer show on their wall or they on mine, right?

Taz D Aug 06 2023 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt (Post 6557942)
I have people that are no longer my neighbors or buddies and I am no longer theirs (I checked). Why do I still see their posts for facility work and they still see mine (I see where they've worked my facilities). I should no longer show on their wall or they on mine, right?

Hi Dr. Dirt,
They do not have to ask to reconnect to you if they have already been a neighbor or buddy. So they may have re-added you as a neighbor or buddy.

VondaK Aug 07 2023 12:42 PM

Hello. I have a neighbor - Bianca. I checked with her and she also shows me as a neighbor. She shows in my neighbor list and on the bar. However, when I try to send her a gift, or train request, she is not on the list for farmers. Also, she accepted a bonus, but instead of showing her as neighbor/buddy, it showed her as "false." Don't know what is going on, but I sure need help.
Thanking you in advance.

marymarcel Aug 07 2023 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VondaK (Post 6558130)
Hello. I have a neighbor - Bianca. I checked with her and she also shows me as a neighbor. She shows in my neighbor list and on the bar. However, when I try to send her a gift, or train request, she is not on the list for farmers. Also, she accepted a bonus, but instead of showing her as neighbor/buddy, it showed her as "false." Don't know what is going on, but I sure need help.
Thanking you in advance.

Hi Vondak :)

Please contact Support team to let them check into this. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please include all details about your problem so you can get help faster. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Dutch85 Aug 08 2023 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6557974)
Hi Dr. Dirt,
They do not have to ask to reconnect to you if they have already been a neighbor or buddy. So they may have re-added you as a neighbor or buddy.

So once we are neighbored or buddied with someone, we have no way of controlling our connection with them? I'm having the same issues as Dr Dirt. I can't seem to delete anyone. Hopefully this will change.