Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Neighborhood Chains Contest (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621582)

Taz D Oct 12 2011 11:25 PM

Discussions about Neighborhood Chains Contest

All Discussions about the Neighborhood Chains Contest

Hi, due to the number of posts we are receiving in relation to Neighborhood Chains Contest in the feedback section we have decided to make an Official thread for the topic. If you wish to provide feedback on this topic please post in this thread.

We are aware that there are some grey areas between feedback and suggestions, however if you only want to make a suggestion we ask that you post in the Suggestion section.

We will endeavor to allow a bit more latitude in this section than in the other sections of the forum, however, please bear in mind we must stave off chaos.

Debates are allowed but posts which go beyond simple debates and fall into attacks against another member or out right name calling, or take a thread completely off track, will be removed.

Dulcinea Feb 09 2018 02:49 PM

I know I read somewhere on this forum about a neighbor with 0 points showing up in the NCC. This week it happened to me. A neighbor with two coin facilities and no points is showing at the bottom of my list. In the total scheme of things, it's not likely to make any difference, but did anyone ever figure out how that can happen?

Taz D Feb 09 2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dulcinea (Post 6221730)
I know I read somewhere on this forum about a neighbor with 0 points showing up in the NCC. This week it happened to me. A neighbor with two coin facilities and no points is showing at the bottom of my list. In the total scheme of things, it's not likely to make any difference, but did anyone ever figure out how that can happen?

Hi Dulcinea,
Not sure how this can happen unless they have moved a facility that is in the contest and ended up getting removed. They may show up still in your list but will have 0 points because they were disqualified.

Dulcinea Feb 09 2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6221742)
Hi Dulcinea,
Not sure how this can happen unless they have moved a facility that is in the contest and ended up getting removed. They may show up still in your list but will have 0 points because they were disqualified.

Well, I just checked and she has 102 points now, so she can't have been disqualified. Must've been some kind of glitch, I suppose. Thanks, Taz.

AnnetteH Feb 18 2018 11:52 PM

Unfriend Still on NCC

How often does the NCC get updated? An unfriended person is still on my list for awhile now. Just saying that NCC is not accurate. :confused:

Taz D Feb 18 2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnetteH (Post 6222858)
How often does the NCC get updated? An unfriended person is still on my list for awhile now. Just saying that NCC is not accurate. :confused:

Hi AnnetteH,
Did you remove yourself as their neighbor and remove them as your neighbor before you unfriended them? If not that is why they would show on your list.

MOM GLENDA Mar 30 2018 04:59 PM

i have stoped trying .i get what i get .i got neighbors who get number one every week but when i have number one in the neighborhood and work hard to stay number one i get moved to 3 on wed .so i gave up not worth trying anymore .since i can only post in the farmtown page not many working my facilitys about ready to stop playing since facebook will not fix this problem.also upset where i will not buy anymore cash unless the elbony lumber is increased in the sawmills or remove some of the things we making using elbony lumber also want to post faciltys to my timeline.if it stays the same i will never buy cash again.

Taz D Mar 30 2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOM GLENDA (Post 6232302)
i have stoped trying .i get what i get .i got neighbors who get number one every week but when i have number one in the neighborhood and work hard to stay number one i get moved to 3 on wed .so i gave up not worth trying anymore .since i can only post in the farmtown page not many working my facilitys about ready to stop playing since facebook will not fix this problem.also upset where i will not buy anymore cash unless the elbony lumber is increased in the sawmills or remove some of the things we making using elbony lumber also want to post faciltys to my timeline.if it stays the same i will never buy cash again.

Hi Glenda,
Facebook has a ticket open to fix the posting problem. You could always tell your Farm Town friends to look on the Show Wall Requests for your posts.

Chattin Apr 07 2018 02:08 PM

The whole NCC thing does not make a lot of sense to me Granny. Typically I see the same people on my neighbor list each week. Typically, only a handful of those neighbors seem to be actually making any effort to actually play that part of the game.... the rest do very little or nothing at all. There was one person this week who had 1 point at the end.

What really frosts me though is when I work hard to increase the point total for everyone but still end up getting very little for my efforts, yet once the weeks ends, I start getting "Thank you for helping me win 1st place" me messages from the people who are supposedly in my neighborhood.... even people who had very few points in my NCC list.

It makes no sense at all..... and just encourages people not to bother to play as far as I can see.

marymarcel Apr 07 2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chattin (Post 6233378)
The whole NCC thing does not make a lot of sense to me Granny. Typically I see the same people on my neighbor list each week. Typically, only a handful of those neighbors seem to be actually making any effort to actually play that part of the game.... the rest do very little or nothing at all. There was one person this week who had 1 point at the end.

What really frosts me though is when I work hard to increase the point total for everyone but still end up getting very little for my efforts, yet once the weeks ends, I start getting "Thank you for helping me win 1st place" me messages from the people who are supposedly in my neighborhood.... even people who had very few points in my NCC list.

It makes no sense at all..... and just encourages people not to bother to play as far as I can see.

Hi Chattin :)

I moved your post to general feedback for NCC as you are not posting a problem.

jnorton720 Apr 08 2018 02:33 PM

I am a cheap poor senior playing. Cannot buy many cash facilities but I did when I was younger!

jnorton720 Apr 08 2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6056338)
Hi Steve,
You can't remove it. Consider the fact that you are only part of the Neighborhood chain with your neighbors. You contribute what you can to the group. It is a total of the group that determines who wins for the week. So you can still have a chance to win.

A lot of us are seniors and cannot buy cash facilities. I am a long time player and have bought cash facilities in the past. Now I cannot. I think many of us in this position work the game daily thus contributing to the game as a whole. Would like it if less emphasis in chain and other places on cash facilities. Or give us credit for playing many years and giving and working with many friends.

Taz D Apr 08 2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnorton720 (Post 6233526)
A lot of us are seniors and cannot buy cash facilities. I am a long time player and have bought cash facilities in the past. Now I cannot. I think many of us in this position work the game daily thus contributing to the game as a whole. Would like it if less emphasis in chain and other places on cash facilities. Or give us credit for playing many years and giving and working with many friends.

Hi jnorton,
If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize the suggestions by subject for the developers to see. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

JuliesNotGoofy Apr 15 2018 06:55 AM

Finishing 10th in Neighborhood Chains

I don't understand why I finish in 10th place every single week in the Neighborhood Chains Contest. I have all the facilities and I post them twice a day nearly every single day. I get good response. No matter how hard I work I always finish in last place. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong?

Taz D Apr 15 2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuliesNotGoofy (Post 6235154)
I don't understand why I finish in 10th place every single week in the Neighborhood Chains Contest. I have all the facilities and I post them twice a day nearly every single day. I get good response. No matter how hard I work I always finish in last place. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong?

Hi JuliesNotGoofy,
As the title says Neighborhood that means that you are not working just by yourself. Your neighbors have to contribute too, by working your facilities as well as loading their own and you working theirs so they can reload also.
There are some changes that are in the works to change the way the contest works and give you better control of your entry in the contest to make it more competitive.

Santmyer May 26 2018 01:21 PM

My opinion

I have played the NCC since it was first offered and do not plan to stop playing them anytime soon. I get really peeved that I try my best and am consistently in 7th, 8th, or 9th position. I own at least one of every facility. Every week, when the contest ends I get "thank yous" from many neighbors that whom I have helped rank bonus high that I know do not play as often as I do. This tells me that evidently I am not receiving the same amount of help that I am giving and that if you are a higher level player, you are put in with so called peers that I cannot keep up with. Very discouraging as I have played farm town since the beginning and have supported the game financially all those years. Again I have no intentions of stopping the NCC play, but I may not put forth the effort that I have been giving to this point. Team play is definitely what it is cracked up to be in farm town.

Taz D May 26 2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6242762)
I have played the NCC since it was first offered and do not plan to stop playing them anytime soon. I get really peeved that I try my best and am consistently in 7th, 8th, or 9th position. I own at least one of every facility. Every week, when the contest ends I get "thank yous" from many neighbors that whom I have helped rank bonus high that I know do not play as often as I do. This tells me that evidently I am not receiving the same amount of help that I am giving and that if you are a higher level player, you are put in with so called peers that I cannot keep up with. Very discouraging as I have played farm town since the beginning and have supported the game financially all those years. Again I have no intentions of stopping the NCC play, but I may not put forth the effort that I have been giving to this point. Team play is definitely what it is cracked up to be in farm town.

Hi Santmyer,
I moved your post to the General Feedback subject thread about the NCC as you are not asking a question or have a problem we can help you with.

craftyoldlady7 Jun 03 2018 03:58 PM

I think there is something wrong with the way you decide who is in your neighborhood chain. It seems that it is the same 3 or 4 neighbors who keep winning the farm cash. I usually end up in 8, 9, or 10 place. I would be nice to win a couple farm cash a couple times a yr. I put in 4 or 5 hrs a day working the farm and beginning to think it is not as much fun as it use to be when everyone had a fair chance to win. At first you were in chains with friends at approximately the same chance to win. Think you need to find a way to make the chains a little more fair.

Taz D Jun 03 2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftyoldlady7 (Post 6243870)
I think there is something wrong with the way you decide who is in your neighborhood chain. It seems that it is the same 3 or 4 neighbors who keep winning the farm cash. I usually end up in 8, 9, or 10 place. I would be nice to win a couple farm cash a couple times a yr. I put in 4 or 5 hrs a day working the farm and beginning to think it is not as much fun as it use to be when everyone had a fair chance to win. At first you were in chains with friends at approximately the same chance to win. Think you need to find a way to make the chains a little more fair.

Hi craftyoldlady,
The developers did announce that they are working on some changes to how the contest will work, but have not released the changes yet. How the teams are chosen for the contests is to try to compete against those with the same amount or as close as it is possible to the same number of facilities. From that it depends on how many neigfhbors you have in your team and how much work all of those do to help each other.

NJones277 Jun 09 2018 10:27 PM

I hate to keep posting about this, but something has to be done about making this contest fair. Just a quick check and I find that one of my neighbors that has a team I'm competing against is on my team as well. That's unfair to her, that every time she accumulates points in goes to my team, too. Also, I'm on a neighbor's team that I'm competing against, so all my points go to her team as well. I know the devs are working on this, but enough is enough. They either need to suspend the contest until it's fixed or get some new rules.

Yes, I know the avatar names of most people I play FT with. I've also double checked with these people I mention to confirm what's going on this week.

Taz D Jun 09 2018 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJones277 (Post 6244990)
I hate to keep posting about this, but something has to be done about making this contest fair. Just a quick check and I find that one of my neighbors that has a team I'm competing against is on my team as well. That's unfair to her, that every time she accumulates points in goes to my team, too. Also, I'm on a neighbor's team that I'm competing against, so all my points go to her team as well. I know the devs are working on this, but enough is enough. They either need to suspend the contest until it's fixed or get some new rules.

Yes, I know the avatar names of most people I play FT with. I've also double checked with these people I mention to confirm what's going on this week.

Hi NJones,
You are only 1 part of her team as she is only 1 part of your team. So only the points you make (not your total team's points) go on her total as well as her points (not her team's points) go on your total. Those are only small parts of your totals.

The contest is not going to be suspended. You are grouped against teams that start out with the same number (or as close as can be) of facilities in the contest. If you are neighbors and competing against each other it is because there were not enough other teams with near the same amount of facilities. There is nothing they can do about this if there are not enough others for you to compete against. You have the option of not competing in the cointests by unchecking the box in your preferences for "Enable NCC"
Yes the developers are working on changing some of the way the points are accumulated, but that in not going to change who you are competing against due to the limited number of competitors that have the same amount of facilities as you do.

NJones277 Jun 09 2018 11:02 PM

Taz,
I know how the contest works and the parameters of selecting the teams. One big problem is, you don't know how many facs the teams are going to buy after the rankings come out. It's usually a lot. Changes things quite a bit. I also know that I'm only one member of the team as is my neighbor. However, I have an individual score in the millions of points every week. Not a trivial amount. We're not getting a clear picture of competition with some people contributing to the same team. I love the contest, just wish, with the 2.5 million players that FT has, the game would be able to be more fair to everyone. Maybe not all the people are playing, and I'm sure the game has lost competitors when they see what's happening. And that's a shame. Just trying to assure the fairness. Don't need the lecture. That's not why I wrote to the forum. I only wanted to give you information that you may not have otherwise.

Taz D Jun 09 2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJones277 (Post 6245002)
Taz,
I know how the contest works and the parameters of selecting the teams. One big problem is, you don't know how many facs the teams are going to buy after the rankings come out. It's usually a lot. Changes things quite a bit. I also know that I'm only one member of the team as is my neighbor. However, I have an individual score in the millions of points every week. Not a trivial amount. We're not getting a clear picture of competition with some people contributing to the same team. I love the contest, just wish, with the 2.5 million players that FT has, the game would be able to be more fair to everyone. Maybe not all the people are playing, and I'm sure the game has lost competitors when they see what's happening. And that's a shame. Just trying to assure the fairness. Don't need the lecture. That's not why I wrote to the forum. I only wanted to give you information that you may not have otherwise.

Hi NJones,
I have moved these posts to the General Feedback discussion about the NCC as they are not about a specific problem such as a missing facility.

The NCC is as fair as they can make it as far as choosing the competing teams. There isn't any other way they can choose who competes against who. The changes they are working on if they can be done should balance out the competition some and give everyone a better chance to win.

Those who have a high amount of facilities and neighbors or an extremely low number of facilities and neighbors will tend to be competing against some of their neighbors on occasion. There just are not that many in those two groups to compete against. There isn't any way around that unless they allow a wider spread in total facilities and that caused problems in the beginning for unfair competition.

Caren Katsmom Jun 19 2018 10:29 AM

Is there any update on when the changes will happen in the NCC? The game updates were telling us they were coming... then stopped mentioning them completely (unless I missed something?). I own every FC facility, and multiples of coin facilities, and as others have already mentioned... I'm consistently at the very bottom of my contest. The winner generally has 3 times as many points as I do. But I realized early on that we have to make a choice about our friends and neighbors. I choose to remain neighbors with players who don't use their facilities as much as I do. I also realized that there is much more Farm Cash to earn by doing Quests (both kinds). I put my energy toward those, and regularly earn the FC I never earn from the NCC. In my personal opinion, I don't think the NCC can be fixed to be fair to all players... because the way it is now, the NCC is profitable for Slashkey as players buy more FC facilities to compete for the top. I don't have a problem with this. It's a smart business move, IMO. But I look forward to seeing what Raul and his excellent team can come up with, because if there is a way to make the NCC more fair and still retain the financial profits for Slashkey, they will find it. :)

Taz D Jun 19 2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom (Post 6247342)
Is there any update on when the changes will happen in the NCC? The game updates were telling us they were coming... then stopped mentioning them completely (unless I missed something?). I own every FC facility, and multiples of coin facilities, and as others have already mentioned... I'm consistently at the very bottom of my contest. The winner generally has 3 times as many points as I do. But I realized early on that we have to make a choice about our friends and neighbors. I choose to remain neighbors with players who don't use their facilities as much as I do. I also realized that there is much more Farm Cash to earn by doing Quests (both kinds). I put my energy toward those, and regularly earn the FC I never earn from the NCC. In my personal opinion, I don't think the NCC can be fixed to be fair to all players... because the way it is now, the NCC is profitable for Slashkey as players buy more FC facilities to compete for the top. I don't have a problem with this. It's a smart business move, IMO. But I look forward to seeing what Raul and his excellent team can come up with, because if there is a way to make the NCC more fair and still retain the financial profits for Slashkey, they will find it. :)

Hi Caren,
We have not had any more word on this change. Apparently as it kept getting postponed they are having trouble implementing this.

rodkay1@bigpond.com Jul 31 2018 08:06 AM

I am yet another one that cannot understand NCC. Supposed to be evenly balanced but other neighbourhoods have 56 more facilities than mine. Everyone needs neighbours but have found many only work their facilities once to enter contest and then depend on neighbours to do all the work. We cannot delete these neighbours as we need as many as possible. It is very frustrating. Think I will close NCC until some fairer system is worked out. Thanks for letting me have a rant.

max_river Jul 31 2018 02:55 PM

After this week is done I think i am going to stop playing. like others have said it is always the same people winning. The hightest I been is five. also I have notice you can be higher than someone then on last night they are now a head of me..

Kaytutt Aug 05 2018 03:37 PM

Highest I have ever managed is 6th, I work hard at the NCC and work hard on my neighbours farms in order to try and improve my ranking but there's no chance when every week you're matched with impossible to beat rivals

Muffie1943 Aug 15 2018 12:21 PM

I have neighbors in this game who have 20 to 30 Farm Cash facilities Every Week. Do folks actually spend $100 a week on Farm Cash items?? They literally purchase every Neighborhood Chain contest. The rest of us who don't spend $100 a week on this game have no chance of winning the $2 FC ever!!

Tiger Aug 15 2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffie1943 (Post 6256610)
I have neighbors in this game who have 20 to 30 Farm Cash facilities Every Week. Do folks actually spend $100 a week on Farm Cash items?? They literally purchase every Neighborhood Chain contest. The rest of us who don't spend $100 a week on this game have no chance of winning the $2 FC ever!!

Hi Muffie1943,

I moved your post to general feedback so others can respond to you.

You will be competing against similar neighbourhoods to your own. Your neighbourhood consists of your facilites and your neighbours facilites, who are participating in the contest. You will start out with competing neighbourhoods similar to what yours has. However there is nothing stopping anyone from adding more facilities to their neighbourhood after the competing neighbourhoods are chosen.

garylr Sep 01 2018 06:32 PM

Are there so few people playing the Neighborhood chains that you cannot make the weekly competition competitive? It is now Sat afternoon. The top 4 neighborhoods are in the 300,000 to 400,000, and the 5 through 10 are 170,000 and below. I realize that players do not play with the same intensity each week, but at this point in the week there is no chance for the 5th ranked team to even get to 3rd place. This is a pretty common occurrence. Is this the best you can do to make this game competitive?

Taz D Sep 01 2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garylr (Post 6259162)
Are there so few people playing the Neighborhood chains that you cannot make the weekly competition competitive? It is now Sat afternoon. The top 4 neighborhoods are in the 300,000 to 400,000, and the 5 through 10 are 170,000 and below. I realize that players do not play with the same intensity each week, but at this point in the week there is no chance for the 5th ranked team to even get to 3rd place. This is a pretty common occurrence. Is this the best you can do to make this game competitive?

Hi garylr,
I am sure that the developers would like to make the NCC more competitve, but it doses require participation. Selecting the 10 competing teams currently is done by the number of facilities each team has. They can't choose them by how many points they have accrued before the teams are selected. They have been looking to try to make it more competitive, but have not released any changes for that as yet.

RozeeS Sep 24 2018 02:13 AM

The problem for me is getting people on my team who load their facilities. They maybe load one for a quest or just to join for the week then they don't do anymore. And dare I say there are some people who just load a facility and do nothing else because they are relying on their neighbours to do the work for them, because at the end of the week they get some rewards even if they are coming in near the bottom; but I find that often they are getting higher than I do and that is for doing virtually nothing!

I find this contest extremely unfair. I recently started doing it again after a long time but nothing has improved. The highest I ever got was 3rd way back when but I am mostly in around the middle to bottom after the week due to my hard work. Other teams I am competing against usually have 3 or 4 times more points than my team can get. I know I should get more FB farm town neighourbours who participate in this event but this is often easier said than done. Maybe I will look into getting some quality neighbours LOL.

I don't know what the solution is to make this a fairer contest. Maybe looking at the quality of facilities instead of quantity? Limiting people to only 1 FC facility and 1 of regular facility of each kind instead of allowing as many as they have and plus? Perhaps being able to remove those from my team who don't make any effort. It seems people are added as soon as they load a facility. I don't feel I want to remove them from my neighbour list or tell them to disable the NCC. It's not for me to tell them.

Maybe there could be a side contest for individuals that come top on their team? I will keep doing them for now because it does help to get a few extra items, although obviously the aim is to get to the top!

MOM GLENDA Oct 07 2018 11:09 AM

think it best i stop doing the neighborhood chain.it does not matter if i post or have 2 of each of the factorys showing the same group gets the 2 dollars every week same group gets the one dollar.only way i can see anyone else to get 2 or 1 dollar is to add one neighbor a differant neighbor every week to theses groups so they get a chance also . some things are not fair .us older in age players are doing the best we can.i be 76 in march have played i think since april 2009 thanks i love farmtown

atvchick95 Oct 08 2018 10:34 PM

Is there a step-by step- page on how to work this ? I play it off and on - which is why I love this one and the quest - it's not mandatory ! like some other games. I won't play those that make quests or things like this mandatory! If I'm not in the mood to participate I'm not going to it's that simple lol

But I'm not sure I am doing it correctly I only have 3 people this week doing the NC, and it's only 3 because My sister is back to playing farm town now that we're in the fall season (LOL we do too much gardening in the summer to do too much on here), but I know at least on my neighborhood list I have 1 other person who I think does these Neighborhood Chain event, however he's no longer on my actual FB friends list, so I'm not positive. But if he's not on my Facebook friends list and still my neighbor on game, and if he's doing the NC would he show up as part of my group? if so then maybe he'll click it one time soon so I'll have 4 in my group instead of 2/3 :)

But What I've been doing is a few times a day I go empty out my faculties (Store all/cash out) re load what needs to be reloaded, then I click the crate and go to the Neighborhood chain event, and do the buildings there (some times I have all 4 sometimes not) Am I supposed to go work the neighbors in my group's facilities as well , or do we each just do our own buildings that's for the event? Also this week one of the buildings is a bakery I actually have 2 of those on 2 different farms but it is only using one, is this normal or is there a way I can add the 2nd one? Or is it just 1 per person of each building.

and I was reading through some of the comments on here about how they think it's unfair due to them not being able to afford FC buildings.. I too am on a fixed income I haven't bought FC in many many many years (I have been playing Farm town for over 10 years I started on Myspace :D ) however, When I get enough FC built up, if there is not a Tool or anything I need or want, I'll just go buy a random building/ facility , this is why sometimes I have all the facilities needed for this event, and sometimes I only have the 2 that take coins, sometimes I only have 1 FC building and the 2 coin bought ones, in the event. And honestly the handful of times I did buy FC I bought Farming tools with it :-D b/c I use those more personally than I do the Facilities, This event actually makes me work mine more I usually only do them once a week lol But I just wanted to add this in to say - You don't need to use real money to buy the FC buildings, just let your FC build up and get one here and there, You can even click the tab that says "EARN Cash" and do some of the survey sites, or the games on there I have done that in the past as well to earn FC And don't feel pressured into buying them just for this event, Last week I only had the 2 coin bought buildings and it was only me and 1 other person in my group doing this event. We came in 7th, week before - same scenario we came in 5th . I honestly do think it's done fairly, and I've yet to see the same group of people on my list of neighborhoods in this event, so I can say not the same ones win every week!

Taz D Oct 08 2018 10:47 PM

Hi atvchick,
There is a complete explanation in the Game Guide Chapter 31 about the Neighborhood Chains Contest. Here is a link to that:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

After you read that if you have any questions about it post them in the Help & Support subject thread about the contest:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621818

Quote:

Originally Posted by atvchick95 (Post 6266586)
Is there a step-by step- page on how to work this ? I play it off and on - which is why I love this one and the quest - it's not mandatory ! like some other games. I won't play those that make quests or things like this mandatory! If I'm not in the mood to participate I'm not going to it's that simple lol

But I'm not sure I am doing it correctly I only have 3 people this week doing the NC, and it's only 3 because My sister is back to playing farm town now that we're in the fall season (LOL we do too much gardening in the summer to do too much on here), but I know at least on my neighborhood list I have 1 other person who I think does these Neighborhood Chain event, however he's no longer on my actual FB friends list, so I'm not positive. But if he's not on my Facebook friends list and still my neighbor on game, and if he's doing the NC would he show up as part of my group? if so then maybe he'll click it one time soon so I'll have 4 in my group instead of 2/3 :)

But What I've been doing is a few times a day I go empty out my faculties (Store all/cash out) re load what needs to be reloaded, then I click the crate and go to the Neighborhood chain event, and do the buildings there (some times I have all 4 sometimes not) Am I supposed to go work the neighbors in my group's facilities as well , or do we each just do our own buildings that's for the event? Also this week one of the buildings is a bakery I actually have 2 of those on 2 different farms but it is only using one, is this normal or is there a way I can add the 2nd one? Or is it just 1 per person of each building.

and I was reading through some of the comments on here about how they think it's unfair due to them not being able to afford FC buildings.. I too am on a fixed income I haven't bought FC in many many many years (I have been playing Farm town for over 10 years I started on Myspace :D ) however, When I get enough FC built up, if there is not a Tool or anything I need or want, I'll just go buy a random building/ facility , this is why sometimes I have all the facilities needed for this event, and sometimes I only have the 2 that take coins, sometimes I only have 1 FC building and the 2 coin bought ones, in the event. And honestly the handful of times I did buy FC I bought Farming tools with it :-D b/c I use those more personally than I do the Facilities, This event actually makes me work mine more I usually only do them once a week lol But I just wanted to add this in to say - You don't need to use real money to buy the FC buildings, just let your FC build up and get one here and there, You can even click the tab that says "EARN Cash" and do some of the survey sites, or the games on there I have done that in the past as well to earn FC And don't feel pressured into buying them just for this event, Last week I only had the 2 coin bought buildings and it was only me and 1 other person in my group doing this event. We came in 7th, week before - same scenario we came in 5th . I honestly do think it's done fairly, and I've yet to see the same group of people on my list of neighborhoods in this event, so I can say not the same ones win every week!

atvchick95 Oct 08 2018 11:09 PM

Vivienne57 Feb 19 2019 02:53 AM

Neighbours being pitted against each other

Hi, I was just wondering, I thought that if you were neighbours with each other your neighbour would possibly appear in your NCC and you in theirs. Over the last two weeks I have been pitted against one of my neighbours in the NCC and I don't like it...lol. Is this right. It's never happened before. Thanks

Tiger Feb 19 2019 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivienne57 (Post 6285666)
Hi, I was just wondering, I thought that if you were neighbours with each other your neighbour would possibly appear in your NCC and you in theirs. Over the last two weeks I have been pitted against one of my neighbours in the NCC and I don't like it...lol. Is this right. It's never happened before. Thanks

Hi Vivienne,

Yes is is possible for that to happen.

Tractor Man Apr 20 2019 01:17 AM

Neighborhood Chains

I am curious to see if anyone else has encountered this.

90-95% of the time our neighborhood chains group has the same person leading every Saturday morning when the group is revealed. No one has a chance to catch them as they come in with a massive amount of points. This really take the fun out of competing and I wonder if this is due to whatever algorithm Farm Town uses to select the groups, if so I think it may need tweaked a little to even the playing field.

Thanks for a great game, been with you from the start.