Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- September 9th, 2013 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561466)

Raul Sep 09 2013 11:38 PM

New Release -- September 9th, 2013

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last info posted at Oct 1st, 1:45 PM EST.

See more info about Facebook Gift Cards at the end of this post.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 25 New Levels: About 60 items, all in coins, max level is now 475. There is also a new Cat House for storing your Cats released in the previous release that was not mentioned in the announcement.

All new items are in the Buildings, Motion, Farm Decor and Other categories.

2. Farm 20: Here are the prices in coins (FC prices remains the same):

12 x 12 Farm 19: 20000000
14 x 14 Upgrade: 17000000
16 x 16 Upgrade: 18000000
18 x 18 Upgrade: 19000000
20 x 20 Upgrade: 2400000000
22 x 22 Upgrade: 2500000000
24 x 24 Upgrade: 2600000000
26 x 26 Upgrade: 3000000000
28 x 28 Upgrade: 8000000000
30 x 30 Upgrade: 9000000000
32 x 32 Upgrade: 10000000000
34 x 34 Upgrade: 11000000000

3. Ingredient Planner Improvement: You can now sort by Qty Missing (red number), Qty Required (brown number), the Category of the ingredient (crops, from trees, animals, from facilities, etc) or Name.

4. Store Facility Filter: There is a filter icon now only for the 'Facilities' category in the Store that will allow you to select Owned, Non-Owned or All Facilities.

5. Animal Tools: There are 3 new Animal Tools that will harvest multiple regular and super animal buildings in all your farms (and also all the animals outside their buildings on the farms where those animal buildings are located):

- Milking Station: Enable to harvest All Dairy Sheds in All Farms
- Shearing and Cutting Set: Enable to harvest All Wool Sheds, Rabbit Hutches and Stables in All Farms
- Egg Collector: Enable to harvest All Chicken Coops in All Farms

To use these tools click the 'Harvest All' button in the Facility Manager.

6. Migration from Facebook Credits to Local Currency Pricing: The first part of this migration was completed a few days ago and today we are releasing the second part which is the migration of the TrialPay offers platform, you can now see clearly how many FarmCash you will receive for completing each offer.

From now on all payments for FarmCash, either directly using credit cards, paypal, etc or by completing offers like surveys or installing new apps, the old facebook credits currency will not be used anymore.

7. Farm Stats: This is a new tool in the Extended Tool Box (over the Time Manager icon) that will provide different stats about the harvest-able things you have in your current farm, like how many products will be ready to harvest or gone to waste in different time periods. It's possible that additional time periods will be added in the future based on user feedback.

Also, if technically possible we might offer in the future premium farm cash tools to extend this statistic retrieval capability to all your farms at once.

8. Other Improvements and Bug Fixes:

- The Dropdown sorter and Checkbox Activity filter selections in the neighbours page are remembered from session to session
- After changing farms in full screen mode sometimes the farm names were hidden in the farm selector, this is now fixed
- Fixed some bugs related to the visualization of the Oil Factory, Marigold, Pine Tree and Pine Log Pile in the Help System

9. Rural Craft Studio (FC): Produces Rural Craftings.

Zori Sandals
Straw Bag
Rigid Hand Fan
Folding Hand Fan
Straw Horse
Man Straw Hat
Woman Straw Hat
Oil Paper Umbrella

10. Crafting Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Crafting and Hobby Supplies.

Crafting Tape
Embellishment Ribbons
Jewelry Accessory Pack
Scrapbook
Yarn Pompoms
Button Set
Cupcake Combo
Scent Blocks

New Products in other facilities: Nylon Roll in the Petrochemical Plant.

11. Straw Market (FC): Provides Rural Crafting Retail Services and can be stocked with all products from the Rural Craft Studio.

12. Crafting Store (Coins): Provides General Crafting Retail Services and can be stocked with all products from the Crafting Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - Sep 10th, 5:40 PM EST

- Sorting and Filtering on the Store should be working now.

Post Release Updates - Sep 13th, 12:30 PM EST

- The Farm Stats tool is now live

Post Release Updates - Oct 1st, 1:45 PM EST

- New Levels released, max is now 475.

Known Issues:

- Trees that don't produce anything are showing in the farm stats
- Inaccurate numbers in farm stats, most likely due to hidden items due to bugs or layering. We are planning to tweak the farm stats so it only includes whatever is visible so it matches the results of the search tool.

Facebook Gift Cards Info:

If you already bought or a friend sent you a Facebook Gift Card you can redeem it by following these steps:

1. Visit https://www.facebook.com/giftcards/redeem
2. Enter the PIN number located in your Gift Card
3. At this point you already have the cash equivalent of your Facebook Gift Card saved in your Facebook
Account
4. To buy FarmCash in FarmTown just proceed as usual and Facebook will automatically use your cash balance to pay for the farm cash.

rebecca slaughter Sep 09 2013 11:38 PM

thanks raul

Momma Woods Sep 09 2013 11:41 PM

Thanks Raul for a great update you are wonderful

Tom C Sep 09 2013 11:41 PM

Thanks raul

ceciliawells33 Sep 09 2013 11:42 PM

thank you :D

TerriFlynn Sep 09 2013 11:42 PM

Thanks Raul :)

TexasQuilter Sep 09 2013 11:43 PM

Thanks so much for the new release, Raul.

Texas Belle Sep 09 2013 11:47 PM

Thanks Raul and Co. you guys rock, great release...

chrisluvsanimals Sep 09 2013 11:47 PM

Got a glitch already....the sort feature in the store for seeds isn't working. Only sorts them by level required...no other way

Taz D Sep 09 2013 11:49 PM

Thanks Raul!!

Padme Sep 09 2013 11:50 PM

Thanks for the update. Hay can we get Halloween decorations at least last years put in the store so we can start decorating for Halloween. :D

beverduster Sep 09 2013 11:50 PM

thanks, if it gets posted

psycho_mommi Sep 09 2013 11:50 PM

thanks dev team!!! woot woot!! need the rest of those turbo loaders for the facs tho...jus' sayin'....

Taz D Sep 09 2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisluvsanimals (Post 5660010)
Got a glitch already....the sort feature in the store for seeds isn't working. Only sorts them by level required...no other way

Try clearing the caches and restarting the farm to see if it clears up. It is working fine for me.

Added: It was working for me and now isn't.

chrisluvsanimals Sep 09 2013 11:55 PM

Ran the Memcache...."fixed" it so the sorter works now

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

kataltay Sep 09 2013 11:55 PM

SO, do the 60 new items come in 2 or 3 weeks, with the new levels, or ......the "25 new levels coming in the next 2-3 weeks" is in bold type, but the part about the 60 items is not. However, I don't see any new items.

Also, how do we "store" cats?

kittykat1958 Sep 10 2013 12:02 AM

in the cat house kataltay use search box at store and type in cat thats where i found it

kataltay Sep 10 2013 12:03 AM

yes...but we don't actually store cats in it, do we???:eek:

lynwoo60 Sep 10 2013 12:03 AM

Thankyou so much Raul. Your an absolute gem. I have the 3 new tools so I can harvest all my animals at once. this makes the game so much easier for me to play now due to me having carpel tunnel and also a very bad shoulder. Love the game and keep up the great work. Now back to my farm to get back into farming :)

purrrrcat Sep 10 2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisluvsanimals (Post 5660010)

I saw that too. I use that sort a lot, especially to show Stored Amount.

No new levels?

kittykat1958 Sep 10 2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kataltay (Post 5660058)
yes...but we don't actually store cats in it, do we???:eek:

i guess we can if we want to :eek:

kittykat1958 Sep 10 2013 12:10 AM

yup it says store animals inside

kataltay Sep 10 2013 12:16 AM

hahahahaha....then I have to try this....let's just hope we never have to "harvest" them! :confused: LOL

bluehair Sep 10 2013 12:20 AM

cant wait till the farm stats icon is up and running will come in handy now with 20 farms

earlgray Sep 10 2013 12:21 AM

Regarding the "Migration from Facebook Credits to Local Currency Pricing": I'm very unhappy about having to use a credit card or PayPal account online to buy Farm Cash. I used to purchase the Facebook gift cards at Target, and before that there was another sort of gift card (Zeevex, I think) that I could purchase in the store and redeem for Farm Cash. I hope in the future there will be a similar way to purchase a card in a (brick and mortar) store that can be redeemed for Farm Cash (a Farm Town gift card would be awesome). Otherwise I may stop purchasing it altogether.

bjbutterfli Sep 10 2013 12:26 AM

As always great new release. love my farms

kittykat1958 Sep 10 2013 12:38 AM

:eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by kataltay (Post 5660082)
hahahahaha....then I have to try this....let's just hope we never have to "harvest" them! :confused: LOL

:eek::eek::eek::(

jmathew Sep 10 2013 12:43 AM

Great Release but no provision for Silk

Thanks Raul & all the mods & developers for this great release, the harvest all will be very helpful. Just one issue, all the facilities introduced in the last couple of releases need lots of Silk Rolls, I was hoping that Silk rolls would be added to the train along with Cotton, sheep wool, Illama wool and canvas. or Silk Roll output from Textile Mills would be increased.:( No luck this time. :)

al_bundy Sep 10 2013 12:46 AM

Thanks Raul :)

HelenJS22 Sep 10 2013 01:17 AM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...KiWOOnfTwwiiDp

thunders storm Sep 10 2013 01:18 AM

ohh lalala thanks for the new stuffs and all..
but as i read there is another new item (Nylon Roll) in petrochem... whoahh the production of green barrel in 1 oil refinery is not enough for 1 petrochemical plant to produce in full capacity.. :(

Electrox Sep 10 2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunders storm (Post 5660174)
ohh lalala thanks for the new stuffs and all..
but as i read there is another new item (Nylon Roll) in petrochem... whoahh the production of green barrel in 1 oil refinery is not enough for 1 petrochemical plant to produce in full capacity.. :(

Yes, so True. It is time for SK to add at least two new oil pumps. one with a derrick to give you 112 crude oil every 7 days (spindle top version in wood) , and a more modern platform, to bring in 224 crude oil in 7 days. we then can add these to each farm. then each farm can produce not just the new amount, but the sum of one of each.... 56+112+224. we then will solve the fossil fuel problem. Each of these new objects would be NON WORKING 7 day objects.

Electrox Sep 10 2013 01:50 AM

So disappointed that you once again put off the Turbo Tools, Turbo Workbenches, and Turbo mobile utility carts was needed to FINISH THE FACILITIES . Then you had the Harvest all. YOU ALSO HAVE TO ADD THE SEMI TO THE ALL BUTTON. Since the ordering trailer was an object for the normal all button. not sure how you are going to apply it to the Turbo All Button. another month of the normal all buttons for 32 facilities..... and watching flash crash and lag behind all the clicks. Turbo are now required to load without a crash.

Farmgirl_Su Sep 10 2013 02:00 AM

I am struggling with the SORT button.I have cleared all cache and run memcache cleaner abut sadly it hasnt fixed. this means I cannot see what amounts are needed.

Just letting you know..t

KnightRider Sep 10 2013 02:13 AM

There is a problem with the filter in the store for the facilities, once you use the filter like for not owned it works the first time, then if you leave the store and go back in the filter will not work anymore. I have found that if you reload that farm it will work again until you leave the store, so each time you want to go back in you will have to reload that farm. Clearing everything, including the memcache doesn't work already did that before posting. I do like the filter and the filter on the ingredient planner, those are great additions.

Electrox Sep 10 2013 02:13 AM

On the Turbo Harvest All Tools : was the pigsty left out for a reason.... will it be another turbo tool @45 FC ? Incomplete add and would of made more sense to done workbenches and then split the harvest all to two tools per month. Pigsty just don't fit in with the other tools and adding them to the wool tool ... not sure i want to suggest that.

Henry Tanner Sep 10 2013 02:28 AM

Hi have a problem already bought the 2 new coin factories and clients also the farm 20 and upgraded till it was 18x18 it didnt look like experience points counted, but when i added a few plots that worked and added to my experience could someone please check to see it the experience points did count or not when buying the farm 20 and the new facility and client, I wouldnt have noticed untill the 18x18 upgrade i noticed the last 4 numbers of my experience points was the same as it was before i purchased the last upgrade. Thank you besides that problem great new release

Henry Tanner Sep 10 2013 02:41 AM

This is another thing I noticed with this last update, there is nothing new only the facility and client and the farm 20, no new items show in my store went through every category nothing showing, I did the mem chache cleared cookies and nothing its still the same. wonder should I wake my wife at 4 am and ask her to check her farmtown to see if her game is ok I think i need some help thanks

lovetoocraft Sep 10 2013 02:51 AM

Farm Cash via ranks

Will we still earn FT$ as we advance through the ranks like we currently do?

KnightRider Sep 10 2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Tanner (Post 5660258)
This is another thing I noticed with this last update, there is nothing new only the facility and client and the farm 20, no new items show in my store went through every category nothing showing, I did the mem chache cleared cookies and nothing its still the same. wonder should I wake my wife at 4 am and ask her to check her farmtown to see if her game is ok I think i need some help thanks

There is about 60 new items, but they are probably coming with the new levels in 2 to 3 weeks.