Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- September 1st, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359682)

Raul Sep 01 2010 04:34 AM

New Release -- September 1st, 2010

*****Please see post launch fixes at the end*****

Hey There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 13 New Flowers: 10 in the store and 3 in the gift page. All flowers were created by Debbie (a FarmTown player and community member) and donated to the FarmTown game, many thanks to her.

2. Log Truck with Chainsaw (FC): Allows you to chop up to 32 trees at a time, it works very similar to the treeshaker tool.

3. Default Farm Selection: When clicking on the farm title text, you will see a new checkbox in that window to select that current farm as your default farm. The default farm will be the farm where you and your friends will be landing on when visiting you.

4. Show Decorations: We added this new option to the Option Window (top right tool icon) to make it easier for you to hide all decorations at once, including fences.

5. 'Decorations' category restructured: The store 'Decorations' category have now been divided in 5:

Farming Decor - All decorations that you would naturally expect to see in a farm
Motion - All items with a purpose or transportation of humans or any other stuff. Previous giftable fathers day items like golf carts, ATV and hot rods have been added to this category
Furniture - All furnitures
Fun - All items with a fun purpuse. All fathers day sport items have been added to this category
Other - The rest of the old 'Decorations' category. Previous mothers day sculptures have been added to this category and to the Topiaries

6. Mineral Mine (coins): Allows you to produce silver, gold and diamonds.

7. Jewelry Factory (FC): Allows you to produce jewels:

Earring
Necklace
Photo Frame with embeded jewelry
Ring
Watch
Jewelry Box with embeded jewelry

8. Pasta Factory (coins): Allows you to produce uncooked pasta:

Spaghetti
Macaroni
Fettuccine
Linguine
Lasagne

9. Pasta Restaurant (FC): Allows you to produce salads and pasta dishes:

Caprese Salad
Caesar Chicken Salad
Garden Salad
Macaroni and Cheese
Spaghetti with Meatballs
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Seafood Linguine
Meat Lasagne

10. Tomato Sauce: Some Pasta Dishes requires Tomato Sauce which you can now make in the Food Preserver Factory.

11. Multitools and the 'Remove space between fields' setting: From now on, all multitools (except for the multiplower to be completed for the next release)will work as expected independent on the 'Remove space between fields' setting, before, setting/unsetting that option could make your multitools only do one field at a time for a while.

12. When hiring others, incorrect crop count on storage for fertilized crops: This bug should now be fixed, no need to refresh the game anymore to see the correct count.

13. Fences can now be selected and hidden without issues.

14. Harvest, Plow and Tool vertical toolbars now dissapear when you select a tool and start working.

15. Minor Changes: Horse Training Area now allows you to put some horses on it. Alternative views for facilities are now the default on the store, when you purchase them, you can always go back to the previous cartoonish look if you want to.

Farm 6 and new levels comming soon...

Enjoy!

*****Post launch fixes*****

- Big Bulldozer now deletes 3 types of fields, harvested fields, gone to waste and regular plow fields
- The Tools are not hidden when you hide all decorations
- There is a warning once per day, that alert you when you have decorations, buildings or other stuff hidden in the game, so you don't panic when you see all them gone without remembering why
- We discoreverd that the Horse Training Area item fix is not functioning as expected, this will take longer to fix, please ignore this functionality for the time being

Thanks

--Raul

LoreneC Sep 01 2010 04:43 AM

Thank you Raul.

Can't wait to check out the new flowers and kudos to Debbie for designing them.

I am quite certain that log truck will be very popular and I love the default farm idea!!

Steel Hip Sep 01 2010 04:47 AM

Happy happy joy joy. *dances*

Just bought and used the Log truck, sweet.

Tony D Sep 01 2010 04:55 AM

Great .... Thanks :D:D:D

Madam Hooch Sep 01 2010 05:00 AM

Since this update my big bulldozer no longer does anything. I bought three of them and now they're just sitting there on my farms...

FatGoat Sep 01 2010 05:03 AM

How soon the 6th farm will be please? :D

Miz Lisa Sep 01 2010 05:04 AM

Very fun! *off to look at the new flowers*

Angels Shangri-La Sep 01 2010 05:06 AM

Thanks Raul :):)

Miz Lisa Sep 01 2010 05:10 AM

The gal who did the flowers did a lovely job!! What a nice variety!! And the separation of farm decor, wow, was that ever needed! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

angeskye Sep 01 2010 05:11 AM

Omg!

An iris! I am totally obsessed with irises and it was the one thing i have always said my farm needed! Thank you so much Debbie!

And Raul and the devs for everything else :D

kazzaqld Sep 01 2010 05:25 AM

Just noticed the tomato sauce and ran right over - woohoo!! new toys!! :D:D:D

daniel1972au Sep 01 2010 05:32 AM

excellent work

JAS0643 Sep 01 2010 05:33 AM

This is a cool update I have wanted new flowers for a long time thank you for giving them to us. Thanks for keeping the fathers day stuff they cal all be used year round. Can't wait for farm 6. :D

crispey_cake Sep 01 2010 05:41 AM

this is definetly the BEST update ever !!!! Thanks soo much for the truck with chainsaw ..i looooove it !!!! I have buy all :-))) Omg ...this really make my day today !!! THANKS FARMTOWN !!! :)

tsoupra Sep 01 2010 06:00 AM

Cool updates, but fix please the bulldozer's function. It stopped deleting harvested fields

Thank you

Phanny Sep 01 2010 06:02 AM

Great stuff Devs. Thanks to all and to the clever flower designer - they are beautiful.

SirDaywalker Sep 01 2010 06:02 AM

Raul!

How do I loves thee ~ lemme count the ways n stuff
:D

The Hide Decorations ~ Rawks
:)
New Flowers ~ Right ON!
((thank you 1000's of times to the creator))
:)
All you and your team do for us ~ Priceless

~*~ Glitch Notification ~*~
:rolleyes:

My Big Bulldozer has stopped working
:eek:
I figure you will have a few folks saying the same thing.
I know it will be fixed soon, cuz you guys are hella Groovy like that.
;)

Wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

garden ho Sep 01 2010 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madam Hooch (Post 3928406)
Since this update my big bulldozer no longer does anything. I bought three of them and now they're just sitting there on my farms...

I keep forgetting that this won't delete plowed fields - they have to be harvested or spoiled. . .

garden ho Sep 01 2010 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazzaqld (Post 3928438)
Just noticed the tomato sauce and ran right over - woohoo!! new toys!! :D:D:D

Me too! whenever i see new products i always check for an update and sure 'nuf! whoo hooo!

farmerjan Sep 01 2010 06:22 AM

fertilized fields wont highlight to plant HELP!!

Trying to plant fertilized fields and they wont highlight to accept crops. I have logged off and back on, cleared me cache, and done all I can think of....
It seems to be an intermittant problem..........I did manage to get half the field planted, then nothing. HELP!
thanks~~

HelenJS22 Sep 01 2010 06:24 AM

THANK YOU :D - and to Debbie, thank you too. The new flowers are just beautiful.

HelenJS22 Sep 01 2010 06:27 AM

WOW - thank you for making it possible to hide fences. That has been a bit of a problem at times. Also the 'hide decorations'. You have really taken out some little annoyances for us. Much appreciated. Now, I'm off to sort my pasta facilities :D

jordan822 Sep 01 2010 06:29 AM

Im not getting any coins today for anything I have done? will this be fixed? otherwise I love FT..

Molly Mew Sep 01 2010 06:30 AM

Thanks, Raul, for yet another very nice update.. and also to Debbie; the new flowers are lovely. :)

justmecookin Sep 01 2010 06:30 AM

Raul you all are the max...Thank you Thank you

Whoopsidaisy Sep 01 2010 06:36 AM

The new flowers are BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much :)

Cookie01 Sep 01 2010 06:42 AM

Well, thanks for completely restructuring my day and probably causing me to have a divorce. (LOL) I WAS going to do all sorts of household stuff today - guess what I'm doing instead. :D

Thanks Guys - yet again. :D

lighthouse02 Sep 01 2010 06:45 AM

Oh, wow! I know what I am doing this weekend! Can't wait to have some time to play with all the new toys!

Lis333 Sep 01 2010 06:49 AM

Nice to see new facilities and the flowers are just lovely. Will any of them be incorporated into the flower shop for production?

Malvie Sep 01 2010 06:53 AM

Once again a great update! The flowers are sooo pretty, and I already bought the mineral mine. The anouncement for the sixth farm and new levels makes it near perfect. Thanks for all the great work!!

seanbt Sep 01 2010 06:57 AM

Thanks for the new updates, however as most of the new items are to be aquired using Dollars and as many are now on the top level how are they to gain more dollars?, it seems a little unfair that all the items that are being added can only be aquired with dollars. Would it not be more fair and realistic to purchase these new items with farm coins?

SirDaywalker Sep 01 2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookie01 (Post 3928654)
Well, thanks for completely restructuring my day and probably causing me to have a divorce. (LOL) I WAS going to do all sorts of household stuff today - guess what I'm doing instead. :D

Thanks Guys - yet again. :D

Ok, this cracked me UP.

B.Keeper Sep 01 2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatGoat (Post 3928414)
How soon the 6th farm will be please? :D

I second that.

I've got several hundreds of millions in coins just burnig a hole in my pocket! :-D

seanbt Sep 01 2010 07:04 AM

Since the new update, anybody joining me on "Sean's farm" i can't see them or what they doing? nothing seems to happen, i have to totally reload game to see what they have done etc? any advice?

WitW Sep 01 2010 07:21 AM

The new flowers are beautiful!

nitz22002 Sep 01 2010 07:27 AM

Thanks Raul this is a lovely gift for my bday
tomorrow sept 2 hehehehe. I wish i have a tree shaker and manure spreader. U can visit my farm and enjoy the skyscraper.

servocrow Sep 01 2010 07:29 AM

Okay...I need an extra day in the week just to play..

SO EXCITED!!

Going on a flower-planting BINGE!! WOOT!! Well...maybe later today....have to do other real-life stuff this morning...

YAY!!

iots028 Sep 01 2010 07:39 AM

Thank you Debbie for the flowers, I can't wait until they bloom. It would really be nice if flowers started out fully grown so you can tell what they will look like when you are decorating. Also, thanks to the developers. Another great update.

_A_S_H_L_E_E_ Sep 01 2010 07:43 AM

Good update! I'm so happy to hear farm 6 is coming soon - I've been desperate for another tree farm :D.

JudyBug25 Sep 01 2010 07:48 AM

As if I wasn't addicted enough? You do this today? :D