Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Farm Pass (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658750)

Tiger Sep 02 2022 06:34 PM

Farm Pass

This thread is for reporting any problems with the New Farm Pass Feature.

Before you report a problem or ask a question in this thread ALWAYS make sure that you Mouseover a goal to see the tooltip that has information about the goal.
It may show you the information you are looking for.
  • Goals are assigned at random, very much like Quests are.
  • They can be Daily goals which need to be completed that same day if you can. This example shows just under 11 hours left to complete the daily goals.
    https://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameg...GOALS TIME.png
  • OR or they can be Season Goals which gives you the rest of the Season to complete them. Season ending times show on the Farm Pass icon on the left of your game screen and also in the rewards section of Farm Pass by the clock top right. When it's the last day it will show hours and minutes instead of days.
    This example shows 19 days left of the season.
    https://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameg...DING TIMES.png
  • Some goals will be far easier than others.
  • You may get some that you find that you can't do especially closer to the season ending when there is less time to complete them.
  • You will NOT be able to complete Ships goals for loading farmers ships if your port is closed or you are not on anyone's logbook. Disabling your port does NOT prevent you getting any of the ship goals.
  • Some goals you can complete on your own farms.
  • Some goals you MUST complete by getting hired at the Job Marketplace by a stranger, and some may require the goal to be completed in ONE hire session AS WELL AS claiming the bonus chest on every farm.
  • ALWAYS keep an occasional eye on the time on the Farm Pass icon left of your game screen.
    You need to claim any rewards earned and benefit from them BEFORE before the season ends!
    When the Season is over you can not claim any unused rewards from the previous season!

Anyone that is unsure of the what the different types of Farm Pass goals need you to do, may benefit from seeing the examples in the game guide.

It has pictures of the differences between when:
  • you need to send or receive ingredients packs, (brown gift box with or without the blue silhouette)
  • send/accept gifts or specific gifts, (brown gift box with or without the blue silhouette)
  • when a farm work goal IS one you HAVE to be hired by a stranger at the Job Marketplace and if it has to be completed in ONE hire session.
  • when a goal is one where you don't have to be hired by a stranger at the job market place
  • Plus more examples of other types of goals.

Here's the link to Chapter 34 - Farm Pass in the Game Guide:
    https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658742

Information in that Chapter may have to be updated as goals may change or new types added.

UPDATE March 28th, 2024 There is a now Gift box icon on a received in game message. If you have not already sent that farmer a gift it's another way to send one. When clicked on if you can send a gift it will show you the Send Gifts section of the Gift Manger. If you can't send one, you will see a generic notification that one can not be sent.
This can be useful for Farm Pass if a farmer sends you a message asking for a specific gift for their Farm Pass Goal.

If you still require help. We will need to take a look at it preferably before you complete the goal.
To be able to do that for you we will need you to provide either a link to your farm showing in your post or Your Facebook user ID which shows beneath the yellow activity panel under your game screen.

If you need help to get your FarmTown USER ID, please click on this link to be taken to instructions:
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662838
Any suggestions for changes or additions for the Farm Pass feature, please post your ideas in this thread in the Suggestions area:
Farm Pass Suggestions
Please do NOT reply to any existing suggestions in that area!

Gin Oct 23 2022 03:33 PM

Sorry but I don't see anywhere else to ask this. I am receiving a specific gift as requied for farm pass but they are not regestering. I do not know where to report this. Thank you. Gin

Taz D Oct 23 2022 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gin (Post 6515818)
Sorry but I don't see anywhere else to ask this. I am receiving a specific gift as requied for farm pass but they are not regestering. I do not know where to report this. Thank you. Gin

Hi Gin,
I moved your post to the thread about the farm pass.
The Halloween gift signs for your goal must be original gifts. You can not exchange for them.

Gin Oct 23 2022 03:44 PM

Are you telling me that I not only have too receiving 18 of a sign I do not want but they have to be facing a certain way? Please say that is not true. If so that is designed for failure and nothing else!!! Gin

marymarcel Oct 23 2022 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gin (Post 6515826)
Are you telling me that I not only have too receiving 18 of a sign I do not want but they have to be facing a certain way? Please say that is not true. If so that is designed for failure and nothing else!!! Gin

Hi Gin :)

There are 2 Halloween sign, each one facing a different way.

You are correct, you need to accept 18 of that particular facing way. Also please remember that you cant exchange other gifts for them.

After accepting them, you can sell them if you do not want them for decoration.

honeyg56 Oct 24 2022 03:33 PM

I have completed one of the farm pass daily goals twice today i.e. accept a pumpkin gift but it has not registered?

marymarcel Oct 24 2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeyg56 (Post 6515998)
I have completed one of the farm pass daily goals twice today i.e. accept a pumpkin gift but it has not registered?

Hi honeyg :)

We have 5 different pumpkin gifts. You have to accept the exact one showing up in your farm pass goal.

You can exchange 1 of your gifts for that exact pumpkin gift. Then accept it an place it on your farm.
Click in it and click in Request as gift.
When one of your friends sends it to you, the goal will be completed.

sizzlinsssandi Oct 24 2022 05:58 PM

How do we redeem the Gold FP tickets at the end of a season, is it automatic, or what is the procedure?

marymarcel Oct 24 2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sizzlinsssandi (Post 6516018)
How do we redeem the Gold FP tickets at the end of a season, is it automatic, or what is the procedure?

Hi sizzlinsssandi :)

I moved your post to the thread about Farm Pass.

Im not sure about your question.

When you purchase the farm pass, you unlock the privilages for the whole month.

I checked your farm pass and you have already got all the privilages. They will count till the end of the season (month).

You have full information in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658742

svtcobra97 Oct 26 2022 11:18 PM

Dear Mods,
I have a suggestion/request for the Devolopers to think about. Is there any chance there could be a 4th set of 'Season Goals' added to this feature?
I am at level 848 and have been playing since nearly the very beginning of Farm Town and feel that I should be able to at least have a shot at getting enough points to at least get close to redeeming all the season goals in the Farm Pass.
However this month out of the 12 Season Goals I have only been able to complete 4 of them due to lack of either facilities or trees/flowers planted, etc.
Now I have been retired ever since the game came out and cannot even afford to buy all of the Farm Cash items and facilities, but I do own 2 full trains and probably try to set up some of the ships, etc. But for example my largest tools are 6x6 due to real cost of buying larger tools. This has lead me to stop trying to work the market place quite awhile back due to people wanting only big tool workers, etc.
In other words, I am bigger than a lot of Farmers, but am definite more like a 'little guy' compared to the 'power players' that these goals seemed to aimed at much more often.

Thanks for listening and possibly passing this on. I remain a loyal player (even though I did miss a lot of the shutdown due to health concerns, and therefore the chance to build my game up).
Regards, svtcobra97 (Famer Quigon)

Taz D Oct 26 2022 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svtcobra97 (Post 6516246)
Dear Mods,
I have a suggestion/request for the Devolopers to think about. Is there any chance there could be a 4th set of 'Season Goals' added to this feature?
I am at level 848 and have been playing since nearly the very beginning of Farm Town and feel that I should be able to at least have a shot at getting enough points to at least get close to redeeming all the season goals in the Farm Pass.
However this month out of the 12 Season Goals I have only been able to complete 4 of them due to lack of either facilities or trees/flowers planted, etc.
Now I have been retired ever since the game came out and cannot even afford to buy all of the Farm Cash items and facilities, but I do own 2 full trains and probably try to set up some of the ships, etc. But for example my largest tools are 6x6 due to real cost of buying larger tools. This has lead me to stop trying to work the market place quite awhile back due to people wanting only big tool workers, etc.
In other words, I am bigger than a lot of Farmers, but am definite more like a 'little guy' compared to the 'power players' that these goals seemed to aimed at much more often.

Thanks for listening and possibly passing this on. I remain a loyal player (even though I did miss a lot of the shutdown due to health concerns, and therefore the chance to build my game up).
Regards, svtcobra97 (Famer Quigon)

Hi svtcobra,
I am not sure what you mean by a 4th set of seasonal goals, but if you are talking about the weekly released goals there are always 4 sets as they are added each week in the month.
If that is not what you mean then please post this in the Suggestions section and be sure you explain what you mean in detail.

Don't be disciouraged to get hired from the job market. You might want to add to your avatar name when you are in that market that you only have small tools. I and many others are happy to hire those with smaller tools as I have the larger tools needed as well as plenty of fuel.

meirwen59@aol.com Oct 27 2022 03:36 AM

The daily goal for the farm pass today is to harvest Zucchini , that's so mean of you as this is a 2 day crop therefore unless by chance I have zucchini already planted there is no way this goal can be achieved. It makes it look as if you don't want people to succeed in this new aspect of the game and will give up even trying :( From a very disgruntled farmer :)

Tiger Oct 27 2022 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meirwen59@aol.com (Post 6516266)
The daily goal for the farm pass today is to harvest Zucchini , that's so mean of you as this is a 2 day crop therefore unless by chance I have zucchini already planted there is no way this goal can be achieved. It makes it look as if you don't want people to succeed in this new aspect of the game and will give up even trying :( From a very disgruntled farmer :)

Hi meirwen59,

Goals are assigned at random.
You can also complete that goal by harvesting zucchini for someone else.
You have enough points and rewards claimed so you don't need to complete that goal.

Majik Merlin Oct 30 2022 04:04 PM

I'm so confsed with Farm Pass

To redeem rewards, do I have to BUY the pass with cash?

Taz D Oct 30 2022 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majik Merlin (Post 6516630)
I'm so confsed with Farm Pass

To redeem rewards, do I have to BUY the pass with cash?

Hi Majik Merlin,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about the Farm Pass. Please do not post questions you have in the Suggestions section as that is for making suggestions to change the game.
If you look at the rewards tab, the top row of rewards are for those who buy the Farm Pass. The bottom row of rewards are the ones you can claim for free when you have earned enough points to get each of those.
You can find all the information about the Farm Pass in the Game Guide chapter 34 about the Farm Pass:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658742

JAXDAW Oct 31 2022 07:37 AM

I received a free gift of an animal, however it never showed in my gift box or storage.

marymarcel Oct 31 2022 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAXDAW (Post 6516710)
I received a free gift of an animal, however it never showed in my gift box or storage.

Hi JAXDAW :)

You received a Mountain Goat.

It is in your Item Storage, but you have to set it to Seasonal Farm Pass.

smilie224 Nov 01 2022 03:29 AM

I think this is more of a question than a problem, but just in case it's a glitchy type thing I figured I would mention anyway. Since we are at the beginning of the new month and I hadn't claimed anything yet (until of course I clicked on the button - ha ha!) I took notice.
It was for a couple of the "Earn up to.." spinning wheel rewards... I noticed that when I went to claim (crawfish for example) that it said "Already claimed". Of course, who wouldn't want crawfish?! LOL and therefore I had claimed in a prior month. But I would think it would reset for a new month so I could claim Crawfish again as my reward in November even though I may have already claimed one in October?
If not, we'll run out of claiming the REALLY useful ones (instead of something we have millions on). So if it was intended this way, I definitely want to add that as a suggestion. But if it was a glitch, then I guess I am reporting ;-)

Tiger Nov 01 2022 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smilie224 (Post 6516874)
I think this is more of a question than a problem, but just in case it's a glitchy type thing I figured I would mention anyway. Since we are at the beginning of the new month and I hadn't claimed anything yet (until of course I clicked on the button - ha ha!) I took notice.
It was for a couple of the "Earn up to.." spinning wheel rewards... I noticed that when I went to claim (crawfish for example) that it said "Already claimed". Of course, who wouldn't want crawfish?! LOL and therefore I had claimed in a prior month. But I would think it would reset for a new month so I could claim Crawfish again as my reward in November even though I may have already claimed one in October?
If not, we'll run out of claiming the REALLY useful ones (instead of something we have millions on). So if it was intended this way, I definitely want to add that as a suggestion. But if it was a glitch, then I guess I am reporting ;-)

Hi smilie224,

Have you reloaded the game since you first opened Farm Pass? If not please try that and see if it corrects for you.

smilie224 Nov 01 2022 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6516882)
Hi smilie224,

Have you reloaded the game since you first opened Farm Pass? If not please try that and see if it corrects for you.

Oh yes, many many times as I log on several times a day (a bit addicted) after having closed out my browser. I am not sure if I have run memcache in the last month or so - so I will try that today. then next time I can claim something I'll see what comes up. I'll come back and post an update once I can do my next spinning wheel thing.

So in your experience, you can claim something that was claimed in a prior month? That would be great news :)

Tiger Nov 01 2022 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smilie224 (Post 6516886)
Oh yes, many many times as I log on several times a day (a bit addicted) after having closed out my browser. I am not sure if I have run memcache in the last month or so - so I will try that today. then next time I can claim something I'll see what comes up. I'll come back and post an update once I can do my next spinning wheel thing.

So in your experience, you can claim something that was claimed in a prior month? That would be great news :)

Hi smilie224,

Yes all I did was reload the game to correct it and this worked for someone else as well, but I have only checked the flowers reward as I have just logged on today.

Try running memcache and make sure that if you have 2 of the exact same rewards to claim, fish for example, and you have already claimed one of them, that when you claim the second reward for fish it can't be the same as the one you already claimed.

Sqrl Nov 01 2022 01:29 PM

I had the already claimed problem but memcache clean and updating browser fixed it.

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com Nov 01 2022 07:14 PM

Help!! On the daily Farm Pass, I need to boost 2 Enhanced trains from the train manager. I did three today, along with a bunch of others (10 all together). I'm still showing I need 2. Then, on the monthly Pass, it shows I need 20 tombstones from gifts. I have accepted 3 so far but, again, none of them are showing up. I have cleared my memcache, updated Chrome, and then again cleared the memcache. Any suggestions please? Thank you.

Taz D Nov 01 2022 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com (Post 6517070)
Help!! On the daily Farm Pass, I need to boost 2 Enhanced trains from the train manager. I did three today, along with a bunch of others (10 all together). I'm still showing I need 2. Then, on the monthly Pass, it shows I need 20 tombstones from gifts. I have accepted 3 so far but, again, none of them are showing up. I have cleared my memcache, updated Chrome, and then again cleared the memcache. Any suggestions please? Thank you.

Hi Lynnetimpeiro,
I am not sure what happened with the trains, but make sure you are doing the right train and from the train manager not from the My Requests.
For the tombstones there are several different ones, but the goal is only for 1 of them and not just any. And they do have to be original gifts, not exchanged gifts.

Aussie Rae Nov 01 2022 07:50 PM

I was wondering also about the claiming of items as I am running out of good ones to claim... all those claimed since farm pass started still show as have being claimed. I will check next time and see if doing memcache and reloading will make any difference, if not it won't be worth it to keep paying for farm cash, which is over $10 a month in Australia .. I am not short of any products so don't see the need to have to claim things that in some cases are decorative gifts etc that I would never use.. :)

Taz D Nov 01 2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6517082)
I was wondering also about the claiming of items as I am running out of good ones to claim... all those claimed since farm pass started still show as have being claimed. I will check next time and see if doing memcache and reloading will make any difference, if not it won't be worth it to keep paying for farm cash, which is over $10 a month in Australia .. I am not short of any products so don't see the need to have to claim things that in some cases are decorative gifts etc that I would never use.. :)

Hi Aussie Rae,
Doing the memcache and reloading your farms does reset those.

smilie224 Nov 02 2022 06:09 AM

Memcache worked, thanks!

As a follow up, I tried this morning and the memcache seemed to solve it. Thank you very much! I'll add to my spreadsheet the clearing of memcache on a more regular basis :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6516890)
Hi smilie224,

Yes all I did was reload the game to correct it and this worked for someone else as well, but I have only checked the flowers reward as I have just logged on today.

Try running memcache and make sure that if you have 2 of the exact same rewards to claim, fish for example, and you have already claimed one of them, that when you claim the second reward for fish it can't be the same as the one you already claimed.

Tiger Nov 02 2022 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smilie224 (Post 6517134)
As a follow up, I tried this morning and the memcache seemed to solve it. Thank you very much! I'll add to my spreadsheet the clearing of memcache on a more regular basis :)

Hi smilie224,

Thank you for returning and letting us know that resolved your problem, much appreciated.

Please let us know if the same problem returns next season.

marymarcel Nov 03 2022 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyoSugar (Post 6517286)
My daily goal is to unload 1 train. I unloaded several through the train manager and none showed up. Also, I have a season goal of unloading 2 blue ships. I unloaded several this morning and they are not showing either. Grrrrr

Hi WyoSugar :)

You have to unload one of your own trains.

Same for your season goal, you need to unload your blue ship twice. For this you have all the month.

You have more information in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...14#post6504914

WyoSugar Nov 03 2022 09:35 AM

I just deleted my post :) I went and looked at my farm pass again and realized I misunderstood it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6517290)
Hi WyoSugar :)

You have to unload one of your own trains.

Same for your season goal, you need to unload your blue ship twice. For this you have all the month.

You have more information in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...14#post6504914

vonalm Nov 04 2022 08:31 AM

today's daily goal is to send 18 "regular" gifts to friends.
i've sent out sugar to 25+ friends and the quest tells me that i've gotten 17/18....
so what do i have to do to get to the 18?
thank you for you help :)

marymarcel Nov 04 2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonalm (Post 6517378)
today's daily goal is to send 18 "regular" gifts to friends.
i've sent out sugar to 25+ friends and the quest tells me that i've gotten 17/18....
so what do i have to do to get to the 18?
thank you for you help :)

Hi vonalm :)

I'm not sure which method you used to send gifts, but if you tried to send gifts back from your My Requests tab and one friend sent you more than 1 gift, then when you send back gifts, that friend will count as 1 not as the amount of gifts they sent.

Please try to send another gift, no matter which one you send, to other friend and see if it completes the goal.

If not, then clear your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in other tabs. Then reopen your farms.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

vonalm Nov 04 2022 09:19 AM

marymarcel, the dodo, that i am, didn't select anybody when i went to manually sent out more gifts.

thanks for indulging me and being patient no matter how stupid we get! btw, we need a "heart" smiley!

Hanni

marymarcel Nov 04 2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonalm (Post 6517386)
marymarcel, the dodo, that i am, didn't select anybody when i went to manually sent out more gifts.

thanks for indulging me and being patient no matter how stupid we get! btw, we need a "heart" smiley!

Hanni

Hi Hanni :)

So glad problem is fixed and thanks for letting us know. :)

MOM GLENDA Nov 04 2022 11:23 PM

i need 17 ingred packs.sent to me .my neighbor already send me gifts the gifts they send should work for this .i needed 18 got one but do not know how i done it ,did a lot of gifts but they did not count

Taz D Nov 04 2022 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOM GLENDA (Post 6517474)
i need 17 ingred packs.sent to me .my neighbor already send me gifts the gifts they send should work for this .i needed 18 got one but do not know how i done it ,did a lot of gifts but they did not count

Hi Mom Glenda,
I moved your post to the thread about the Farm Pass. Please when choosing a thread to post to use the instructions in the following link and pock one that fits the subject of your post:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635854

To get ingredient packs sent to you, you will need to go to a facility in the facility manager, open it, then click on the + in the product you want the ingredients for. With that you will get a pop up to post it.
They will show in your gift box and you will have to accept them for them to count in the Farm Pass.

You might want to do a couple of those to give your neighbors a choice.
You can find all this information in the Game Guide chapter 34 about the Farm Pass:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658742

Aussie Rae Nov 04 2022 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6517086)
Hi Aussie Rae,
Doing the memcache and reloading your farms does reset those.

thanks Taz, I must remember to do that next time :)

SusieB Nov 06 2022 08:19 PM

One of today's goals was to unload a ship. I did that reloaded and sent it on its way. Did not receive points. What did I do wrong

Taz D Nov 06 2022 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusieB (Post 6517794)
One of today's goals was to unload a ship. I did that reloaded and sent it on its way. Did not receive points. What did I do wrong

Hi SusieB,
Did you click on Load on the ship or did you use the Load all button? I find they only work all the time if you click on the Load button on each ship for the Farm Pass.

Edit: I checked your Farm Pass and do not see any ship goals. All I saw were train ones.

SusieB Nov 06 2022 09:06 PM

Oops! Misread it. Need new glasses