Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- October 18th, 2022 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659402)

marymarcel Oct 19 2022 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJones277 (Post 6514674)
I've just had a "box" come up above the game (same place where the releases are announced) that has my email address and a "change" button. The email address is correct. Is this just to verify or is something wrong with my address???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathyrdr (Post 6514678)
OK, now I am confused. Just now when I signed into FT there is a yellow box with my email address shown and the word Change next to it.
Yesterday I verified my em ail address with FT and got the verification email. Everything seemed fine, and I played as normal this morning and early this afternoon. Now I get a box showing my email address and the word Change next to it.
Do I ignore this? Is something wrong? Will this appear every time I play? I don't recall seeing anything about this in the release. Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snookie Sue (Post 6514682)
Raul's post doesn't seem to indicate a big rush. My husband and I would like to take our time in selecting the ones to use. There also seem to be a few people not getting it to go through smoothly just yet. I hope there will a notification once the new site is ready and it becomes urgent. Just got another heading stating I'm not linked - in addition to the big reminder every time I open up - and it is making my FT loving, OCD old lady self nervous. Really appreciate the fact that the devs hope to never let the game go away again. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTreeFarm (Post 6514686)
I have the same question as NJones277. I entered and verified my email earlier today and now there is a button to change my email. Is there a problem?

Hi all :)

If the email address showing up is the correct one for you, then you dont have to do anything more.

There were farmers who added a wrong email address so they have the chance to change it.

marymarcel Oct 19 2022 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linda1943 (Post 6514690)
I received a message when I loaded the game that had my email address on it and it said "load your email" - and I was looking at my email and the message wouldn't go away so I clicked on it and then it said "Reload your game and enter your email" and now it won't load my email address. I am puzzled. Can anyone explain please?

Hi Linda :)

You have the information in the following link from our Game Guide :
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...02#post6514602

WillowTreeFarm Oct 19 2022 06:45 PM

Thank you for the answer Marymarcel.

marymarcel Oct 19 2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTreeFarm (Post 6514702)
Thank you for the answer Marymarcel.

You are welcome WillowTreeFarm :)

Keef Oct 19 2022 06:55 PM

Securing your access to your FarmTown account!, I did this yesterday now today it's asking again, now their is a yellow box at the top box with my email address and Update

marymarcel Oct 19 2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keef (Post 6514714)
Securing your access to your FarmTown account!, I did this yesterday now today it's asking again, now their is a yellow box at the top box with my email address and Update

Hi Keef :)

If the email address showing up in the box is the correct for you, then you dont have to do anything more.

It is for farmers who entered a wrong email address.

marymarcel Oct 19 2022 07:00 PM

CHANGE EMAIL ADDRESS

When you load the game, there is a new yellow box just upper the game screen. You can see "Facebook Farm Account linked to:" and your email address. Next to it you will see an UPDATE button.

If the email address is Correct for you, then you don't have to do anything more!

If the email address is NOT Correct then click in UPDATE button, you will see a confirmation message. Click in OK. Then you will get the pop up again to be able to change your email address.

joy_of_oz Oct 19 2022 07:09 PM

Hi, a couple of my friends have not received the email linking their email address with farmtown. What should they do ? They use different servers. Regards Joy

amanda1955 Oct 19 2022 07:41 PM

i just had to send you another email to link my farm so gave you my Gmail account as so you have my outlook and Gmail account hope the second one was legit

nettie1212 Oct 19 2022 07:52 PM

the confirmation email was sent to your account I clicked it and it was accepted Today I come into the game same thing over and over again confirm email How many times does a person have to do this Then at the top of the game is has NO email linked How many times do you want this to be done>

Suzan's Farm Oct 19 2022 07:59 PM

I realize this is minor in the big scheme of things but is there any chance that you can turn on the animations for some things ie... the Halloween items that we paid for in coins?

Thank you in advance for any attention to my request.

Best
Suzan Teel

Farmer_Susan Oct 19 2022 08:22 PM

This is probably a stretch but in 2012, I created a second FT account. I didn't use it long, but that farmer still appears on my neighbor list. Since then, I've tried to access it and encountered stumbling blocks - probably not remembering my username/password. I know I used an AOL email account for it but I do NOT remember the un/pw for my farm. I tried going to that email account and it's been deactivated for lack of use. Since we're doing this email thing now, might it be possible for me to get into this FT account again and begin using it? I've wanted to access that account many times since then - just for old time's sake if nothing else - but haven't known how and didn't think there would be a way. Might that be possible now? Or once this new email stuff settles down? I don't think there's a hurry - I just got kind of excited thinking I might FINALLY be able to get into that account again. :)

P.S. When I visit that farm from my neighbor list, I get the message that the farm has been archived.

FCM Oct 19 2022 08:29 PM

This is VERY confusing. I see a message to click here to update what I thought was already linked email. I click it and it unlinks me. Says click here to link email, but then message disappears. What is going on?

Mister-T Oct 19 2022 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6514722)
CHANGE EMAIL ADDRESS

When you load the game, there is a new yellow box just upper the game screen. You can see the email address you linked to the Farm Town Account and next to it the CHANGE button.

If the email address is Correct for you, then you don't have to do anything more!

If the email address is NOT Correct then click in CHANGE button, you will be asked to reload the game. Then you will get the pop up again to be able to change your email address.

Thanks for posting this clarification Mary. I just read 3 or 4 pages of responses on this thread seeking exactly that.

My email is correct, therefore I'll ignore the update section.

marymarcel Oct 19 2022 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister-T (Post 6514762)
Thanks for posting this clarification Mary. I just read 3 or 4 pages of responses on this thread seeking exactly that.

My email is correct, therefore I'll ignore the update section.

You are welcome Mister-T :)

Developers have just changed the text into the yellow box, but the rest is the same.
You dont have to do anything if your email address is correct. :)

Qivis Oct 19 2022 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCM (Post 6514758)
This is VERY confusing. I see a message to click here to update what I thought was already linked email. I click it and it unlinks me. Says click here to link email, but then message disappears. What is going on?

Ten minutes ago the button above my play area read "update" and now it reads
"No Email Linked!" in the red writing and "Link Email" on the button. I did it yesterday as soon as I had read the details of this update and confirmed it via the email I received. My guess is that there is a problem with the system that will be fixed when I get up in the morning.

Of course I have to get to bed early since I am still recovering from minor surgery. Maybe they are doing the computer equivalent of basal cell removal only on a computer instead of a person?!? :D

JohnAlbertini Oct 19 2022 08:44 PM

STOP asking us to "Update" our email. I now regret seven giving it to you!!! How will neighbors find each other if they are NOT on Facebook. The game will cease being "social" and I'll be GONE, GONE, GONE!!!

You HAVE my email so STOP asking for an UPDATE. Get that banner OFF the page!!!

MayG Oct 19 2022 10:05 PM

Hi Raul, i have been trying to verify my email , the link is not coming to my inbox ???

Marcia H. Oct 19 2022 10:52 PM

linking email

I did that yesterday, now it says I am not linked, and when I click on link email, I get told to reload the game. I have restarted the game and still can't link it. What am I doing wrong or is there a problem with the game again??

Taz D Oct 19 2022 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joy_of_oz (Post 6514730)
Hi, a couple of my friends have not received the email linking their email address with farmtown. What should they do ? They use different servers. Regards Joy

Joy, plese ask them to look in their spam folder and see if the confirmation email is there.

Please have them click on this link to take you to another post, scroll down and look for the 2 email addresses there, it's worth while you adding those addresses to your safe senders list in both of your emails to see if that helps at all with future emails from FT in case your emails are blocking them for some reason:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Quote:

Originally Posted by nettie1212 (Post 6514742)
the confirmation email was sent to your account I clicked it and it was accepted Today I come into the game same thing over and over again confirm email How many times does a person have to do this Then at the top of the game is has NO email linked How many times do you want this to be done>

Nettie, please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

After you have gone through it one more time it should work and you see your email at the top.

Taz D Oct 19 2022 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6514750)
This is probably a stretch but in 2012, I created a second FT account. I didn't use it long, but that farmer still appears on my neighbor list. Since then, I've tried to access it and encountered stumbling blocks - probably not remembering my username/password. I know I used an AOL email account for it but I do NOT remember the un/pw for my farm. I tried going to that email account and it's been deactivated for lack of use. Since we're doing this email thing now, might it be possible for me to get into this FT account again and begin using it? I've wanted to access that account many times since then - just for old time's sake if nothing else - but haven't known how and didn't think there would be a way. Might that be possible now? Or once this new email stuff settles down? I don't think there's a hurry - I just got kind of excited thinking I might FINALLY be able to get into that account again. :)

P.S. When I visit that farm from my neighbor list, I get the message that the farm has been archived.

Hi Susan,
Your username/password for those farms would be thesame ones for the Facebook account you used to get to them.We can't help you with those. If you can't log into that account and get to the farm I don't think there would be any way to link an email to it specially since the email associated with it is also un usable.

Taz D Oct 19 2022 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCM (Post 6514758)

Hi FCM,
If you see the email address that you submitted to be linked to your account is showing in the yellow box with Update, you do not need to do anything else.

Taz D Oct 19 2022 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MayG (Post 6514782)
Hi Raul, i have been trying to verify my email , the link is not coming to my inbox ???

Hi May G,
Please click on this link to take you to another post, scroll down and look for the 2 email addresses there, it's worth while you adding those addresses to your safe senders list in both of your emails to see if that helps at all with future emails from FT in case your emails are blocking them for some reason:

Then go through the linking process again.

Taz D Oct 19 2022 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcia H. (Post 6514798)
I did that yesterday, now it says I am not linked, and when I click on link email, I get told to reload the game. I have restarted the game and still can't link it. What am I doing wrong or is there a problem with the game again??

Hi Marcia H,
I moved your post to the new release thread.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.

rodneycs Oct 20 2022 02:06 AM

wHY ISN'T LINKING ONE TIME WITH THE EMAIL ENOUGH? wHY ARE WE BEING ASKED EVERY TIME WE REFRESH A PAGE TO LINK THE EMAIL AGAIN? It is a nuisance. Surely linking the email once is enough!

rodneycs Oct 20 2022 02:22 AM

I have linked my email SIX times and I am not doing it any more. Every time ypu refresh the page you are asked to link yet again. Why is ONE time not enough?

Betty Underdahl Oct 20 2022 03:33 AM

I agree with you

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaWalls (Post 6514222)
The best news ever is that you've decided to move from Facebook. I know this game is the only thing tying many people to Facebook. Connecting with far-away family is what keeps me there, but I do love this game.

I agree with you. When is this going to happen?

bluehair Oct 20 2022 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneycs (Post 6514838)
I have linked my email SIX times and I am not doing it any more. Every time ypu refresh the page you are asked to link yet again. Why is ONE time not enough?

if it is the correct email you dont need to do it again.

piscesfem Oct 20 2022 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6514646)
Hi piscesfem,

As far as we know there are no problems getting that email from the popular ones like gmail, hotmail, live etc.

Please click on this link to take you to another post, scroll down and look for the 2 email addresses there, it's worth while you adding those addresses to your safe senders list in both of your emails to see if that helps at all with future emails from FT in case your emails are blocking them for some reason:

Then after that, try sending a ticket into support using your other email and let them know the email address that isn't getting a response so they can look into it. If you don't get an automatic response to that ticket tonight let us know please, but please don't post your full email address on the forum.

TY Tiger!

Got my confirmation email now :) (adding to safe senders list obviously helped)

gringa Oct 20 2022 05:38 AM

I have checked my junk/spam box and I didn't receive any link. I did send the correct email address.

Tiger Oct 20 2022 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6514750)

Hi Farmer_Susan,

If you can't log into that other Facebook account then there's no way for you to load the game on that account to be able to do the link email.
You can't do it using your current Facebook account if that's what you were thinking.

If you can log into the account, then all you need is an active email address for it to link it.

Tiger Oct 20 2022 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piscesfem (Post 6514858)
TY Tiger!

Got my confirmation email now :) (adding to safe senders list obviously helped)

Hi piscesfem,

That's great news, thank you for coming back to let us know, much appreciated!

Tiger Oct 20 2022 05:59 AM

Hi Everyone,

Those of you already seeing your email address above the game screen next to an Update button do NOT need to click on Update! Your account is already linked.
You ONLY need to click on Update IF the email address is wrong or you need to change it to a different one if you lose access to using that email.
Keep the email you used active by using it or your email provider can remove the ability to access it for lack of use.

Those of you not finding or getting the verification email:
Please make sure that you have checked your spam and junk folders to make sure it hasn't gone there.
If it's not there either, please click on the link below to take you to another post, scroll down and look for the 2 email addresses there, it's worth while you adding those addresses to your safe senders list in your email just in case your emails are blocking them for some reason. That will also help should you need to contact the support team in the future :

As there a numerous email providers, you will need to use the help section of your emails to get the correct instructions on how to add email addresses to safe senders for your email.

Jeanettes270 Oct 20 2022 08:19 AM

Link email

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6514870)
Hi piscesfem,

That's great news, thank you for coming back to let us know, much appreciated!

Hasn't worked for me yet

Jeanettes270 Oct 20 2022 08:22 AM

Hasn't worked for me yet. Both address are added to my contacts. Never had problems gett emails fron this site before. I have checked all folders

Jeanettes270 Oct 20 2022 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanettes270 (Post 6514918)
Hasn't worked for me yet. Both address are added to my contacts. Never had problems gett emails fron this site before. I have checked all folders

I clicked the little icon on top right and it gave me a pop up and I seen I had put my email address in wrong. (Vision impaired) fixed email address and I got my confirmation email. My fault.

bugs22 Oct 20 2022 09:31 AM

Simply put: Does the email I link to my farm have to be the same email that I log into FB with? I no longer have access to that email to get the confirmation.

Qivis Oct 20 2022 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6514874)
Hi Everyone,

Those of you already seeing your email address above the game screen next to an Update button do NOT need to click on Update! Your account is already linked.
You ONLY need to click on Update IF the email address is wrong or you need to change it to a different one if you lose access to using that email.
Keep the email you used active by using it or your email provider can remove the ability to access it for lack of use.

Those of you not finding or getting the verification email:
Please make sure that you have checked your spam and junk folders to make sure it hasn't gone there.
If it's not there either, please click on the link below to take you to another post, scroll down and look for the 2 email addresses there, it's worth while you adding those addresses to your safe senders list in your email just in case your emails are blocking them for some reason. That will also help should you need to contact the support team in the future :

As there a numerous email providers, you will need to use the help section of your emails to get the correct instructions on how to add email addresses to safe senders for your email.

Hi Tiger,
What about those of us who ALREADY CONFIRMED it 2 days ago but whose button reads NOT LINKED?

Qivis Oct 20 2022 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6514802)
Joy, plese ask them to look in their spam folder and see if the confirmation email is there.

Please have them click on this link to take you to another post, scroll down and look for the 2 email addresses there, it's worth while you adding those addresses to your safe senders list in both of your emails to see if that helps at all with future emails from FT in case your emails are blocking them for some reason:

Nettie, please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.

After you have gone through it one more time it should work and you see your email at the top.

Been there. Done that. Still same not linked message above the game.

Taz D Oct 20 2022 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6514954)
Been there. Done that. Still same not linked message above the game.

Hi Qivis,
If it says not linked then you will need to do it again. Theere were changes made after the first day it was up so some had to do it again.