Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- September 17th, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364534)

jesdreher Sep 17 2010 09:36 PM

*Love* all the new buildings!! No idea how I'm going to make them all fit, but where there's a will there's a way.

bcmcats Sep 17 2010 09:36 PM

Thank you for the updates! Is anyone having trouble fertilizing Farm 6? I don't seem to be able to use the move function to move to six the way I can with the other farms.

slashdot Sep 17 2010 09:36 PM

Well time to get the charge card out and finish getting the 6th farm all updated. Then I am going to spend the weekend redoing all my farms. I love the sprinkler for the flower (since I have like a million). And the rest of the updates are great. I have almost completely stopped playing FV because Farm Town is so much more fun with all the facilities and things you can do. Thanks devs...you are the best.

Pustekuchen Sep 17 2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrmoon (Post 3984722)
how do you use the sprinkler on neighbor's farm's? I used it on all my farms first and then went to go do neighbors but its not in the toolbox, trying moving that didn't work either, thanks for the help

yes..please help...tried the same thing...how does it work on a neighbor's farm??

Otherwise, I'm tickled to death with the new release :)))

LoreneC Sep 17 2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcmcats (Post 3984790)
Thank you for the updates! Is anyone having trouble fertilizing Farm 6? I don't seem to be able to use the move function to move to six the way I can with the other farms.

I had to move where my manure spreader is kept on the original farm, then I could fertilize farm six. My farm six is only a 22 x 22 and where it would have cloned on farm six does not yet exist.

Just move it away from the edge and it should work fine.

Rob T Sep 17 2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrmoon (Post 3984722)
how do you use the sprinkler on neighbor's farm's? I used it on all my farms first and then went to go do neighbors but its not in the toolbox, trying moving that didn't work either, thanks for the help

Click on the sprinkler, and select irrigate, then click on your neighbor in the bar at the bottom of the game, then when you get to your neighbors farm, click the sprinker again.

Mitipants Sep 17 2010 09:43 PM

I love all the new stuff. I swear farm 6 will just be pretty. I swear. Really. lol

BobcatTchai Sep 17 2010 09:50 PM

Once more Raul and the team have delivered the goods and then some. Brilliant effort and much appreciated all round I'm sure :)

FarmTown remains the #1 FB based game, and I believe daylight just took over in second.;)

TVC Sep 17 2010 09:55 PM

how many xps to reach the next level 120-140

please and thank you...

Farmer Jennifer Dawn Sep 17 2010 09:58 PM

Picked a great day to get my computer back!
ive been without for almost a week. Only a few of my crops survived. the 4 day crops. Now im trying to build up to get the last expansions for #6 and am trying to empty out my factories so that i can move them to #6....
Love the church! thanks

speedmonkey Sep 17 2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T (Post 3984322)
It's referring to all the harvesting tools.... for example keep your shaker in storage, and use it on all farms.

Wooooo Hooooo! I love this!

LoreneC Sep 17 2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T (Post 3984818)
Click on the sprinkler, and select irrigate, then click on your neighbor in the bar at the bottom of the game, then when you get to your neighbors farm, click the sprinker again.

Does it water all their farms at once?

speedmonkey Sep 17 2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS0643 (Post 3984330)
I love all the new stuff can't wait to play with it. I had guessed that farm 6 would cost 200 million total but over 600 million nevered crossed my mind. I guess that is one way to stop people from asking for another farm anytime soon.

My sister has already got her 6th farm completely upgraded to a full 24x24! :eek:

melizabeth5 Sep 17 2010 10:10 PM

I was feeling really down in the dumps today...NOT ANYMORE!!! The very best game around!

speedmonkey Sep 17 2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witch Hazel (Post 3984542)
My harvests aren't showing up in my storage. What could be the reason?

Try refreshing. If that does not work please post a help request in the Help & Support section of the forum. There is an Official Thread there that will get you help faster. You will also need to provide a link to your farm so that a mod can come and help you troubleshoot the issue. Instructions for linking your farm will be included in the bottom of this post.

Happy Farming :)

Rob T Sep 17 2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoreneC (Post 3984906)
Does it water all their farms at once?

no, you will have to go from farm to farm and water them

speedmonkey Sep 17 2010 10:34 PM

Thank you again for another wonderful update. Each one is better than the last. Everytime we think it can't get better it does! Off to go shopping!

FT Rocks!

FatGoat Sep 17 2010 10:44 PM

Clarity update number 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 3983930)
5. Some tools are not required to be present on the farm, they could be on your item storage as well, no need to move them out back to the farm to use them.

Well, firstly thanks a trillion for updates with the 6th farm. :D

Can anyone clarify on the above update? What tools can be kept in the storage without move them out in the farm? I just tried the tree shaker but it did not work. Thank you.

Farmer Rabbit Sep 17 2010 10:47 PM

What fun to explore :D Kudos & thanks!

Texas Belle Sep 17 2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyD (Post 3984686)
Has anyone bought the Chapel yet?? does it have a cross on the building any where..... ??

I bought the church Sunny and it is beautiful, it goes great with the new farm house...
I love all the new things, and already upgraded to 24x24 on AT LAST (farm 6th)
Think i am going to give all my farms songs name, lets see what I come up with... I know farm one should be Beging the Beging (sp ?) Maybe I should check the correct spelling, lol

Rob T Sep 17 2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatGoat (Post 3985058)
Well, firstly thanks a trillion for updates with the 6th farm. :D

Can anyone clarify on the above update? What tools can be kept in the storage without move them out in the farm? I just tried the tree shaker but it did not work. Thank you.

All harvesting tools work, i tried the tree shaker from storage, and it works fine for me.

FatGoat Sep 17 2010 11:03 PM

Thanks Rob.
Hopefully one day, FT developers can do the same for seeder, fishing boat...

dottyF Sep 17 2010 11:04 PM

What are the spices used on?

Rob T Sep 17 2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatGoat (Post 3985146)
Thanks Rob.
Hopefully one day, FT developers can do the same for seeder, fishing boat...

May i suggest you post that idea into suggestions so the developers will see it?

Rob T Sep 17 2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottyF (Post 3985150)
What are the spices used on?

At the moment, profit :)

Charo Sep 17 2010 11:22 PM

Thanks devs!

Lady Roo Sep 17 2010 11:31 PM

I don't seem to be able to load the paper mill.I have plenty of pine lumber but it shows 0 can be loaded in the mill? any ideas plz?

Rob T Sep 17 2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Roo (Post 3985230)
I don't seem to be able to load the paper mill.I have plenty of pine lumber but it shows 0 can be loaded in the mill? any ideas plz?

It requires pine logs, not lumber :)

Mrs Borgies Sep 17 2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T (Post 3984818)

Hi, After watering my own flowers, I clicked on a neighbours farm and the clone followed me from farm to farm. All I had to do was click on the friends farm then it rained and I moved onto the next neighbour with the clone in tow. Click on the farm and so onto the next. Watered every farm that I could find with flowers! :D

Tipka Sep 17 2010 11:42 PM

Thanks, Raul and dev team...dancing happy dance :D

Sprinkler is so cool, I just watered several neighbours farms, I like the raindrops effect.

With all cool new stuff I have one complaint. I don't like the look of new factories. My paper mill doesn't look very good and the ink factory looks like a church. I know some people didn't like modern look of facilities so now we can change the look. I don't care so much, because I hide the ones I don't like behind trees. But I would never expect to buy a facility with patched roof, now that's not old look. Oldish or modern, I like my facilities to look in good shape and well cared off.

Keep doing the good work :)

ema1976 Sep 17 2010 11:44 PM

Thanks for the updates!!

justmecookin Sep 17 2010 11:48 PM

Thank you so much Raul....

i try Sep 17 2010 11:51 PM

okey dokey! Lovin evrery minute of it!

Sunny Side Sep 17 2010 11:51 PM

Levels - XP Totals

Could you provide a list of the new levels and XP totals? Thanks!

Sandraneta Sep 17 2010 11:54 PM

A Thousand Thanks!!!

Thank you for all of your creative and rewarding hard work to make Farm Town the best crop game on the web. I love it!!!! A thousand thanks for all that you do to keep us engaged on our farms.

Indigo Rose Sep 17 2010 11:55 PM

Wowee, thanks so much, can't get the grin off my face. So much to do and I'm going away on Monday for a little while and not internet, no farming, sob, sob. ROFL.

SueW170 Sep 17 2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valuesforless (Post 3984294)
Love the 6th farm as well...just need to save 100.000.000 to upgrade to 24 x 24

LOL I'm still working on getting the 30 mil to finish farm 4 and then the g'zillions to do the last 3 (I think it is) upgrades to farm 5. I did get the 12x12 farm 6 to use for crops to help earn those points. Saving my cash for facilities.

SueW170 Sep 17 2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garden ho (Post 3984438)
I just used the sprinkler on friends' farms and it is AWESOME!!! you move it to your farm, then use the "clone" feature for friends. Click on it and chose water, you will see the little "in use clone" and then just go to a friends farm to tend. Click anywhere in the farm and you will water all flowers. It lets you know if there are no flowers on that farm. No need to refresh, no need to rewater, just go from friend's farm to friend's farm. .. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! :D (did i mention that i love it???) really wish there was a smiley for a jumping up and down clapping!

Sounds complicated -- probably sounds more complicated than it is:) Just wondering, once a lot of folks get sprinklers, will there actually be any use for it for watering friends' farms? If they have an easy way to water quickly, they'll probably be keeping their own farms watered... Neat concept, though, for sure.

SueW170 Sep 18 2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanieNGMsfarm (Post 3984554)
i have been using just one for awhile.. when im harvesting one farm if i leave the tool up and go to another i can harvest there as well. unless they changed something else with it and it does more then that now

I still do the put into/take out of storage routine. Since I'm used to it, it's just a habit to do it that way and doesn't take more than a few seconds. Guess I sort of like seeing the harvester (or seeder) parked on the farm where I'm working LOL

SueW170 Sep 18 2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginasue1 (Post 3984718)
Got it, and no it doesn't have a cross on it.

That's good. Makes it appropriate for anyone.