Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

jules1954 May 27 2016 06:49 PM

I have just tried this new arcade version, and i am not impressed. It gives us too small a screen to play on and we need to go to full screen in order to play it better. It may be a tad faster, but to access this forum, it takes us to another screen entirely, instead of a tab next to the game. If I was not watching, I would have thought that the forum did not come up at all. It is a bit disconcerting just having that small screen in the middle of a dark background. Instead of seeing a notification to the left hand side of my screen, it now gives a notification on the right side that says that numerous people have sent me requests.
The jury is out on this one.

KnightRider May 28 2016 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6071582)
I hovered my mouse over the top right corner and clicked the little x and that got rid of the advertisement for it..

When it shows on mine, there isn't an "x" except for the ad itself, but when you click that it just hides that ad, but doesn't remove the ad box until the time runs out and then you click to close the ad.

Aussie Rae May 28 2016 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 6071866)
When it shows on mine, there isn't an "x" except for the ad itself, but when you click that it just hides that ad, but doesn't remove the ad box until the time runs out and then you click to close the ad.

the "x" is very faint but once clicked on, the adv vanishes completely

Snookie Sue May 28 2016 11:16 AM

I loaded it and I do think I can farm a bit quicker using IE and chrome. I don't use the icon to open the game as the display is too small. No adverse effects noticed yet. I am concerned about possible loss of Adobe Flash in the future - will this ensure we can still play? Who knows.

Stu3 May 29 2016 02:23 PM

I Think Facebook is on a Mission to Close down Farm Town

Who else agrees? think about all these restrictions FB is putting on Farm Town There is going to have to come a time Farm Town goes Solo and Cut the Profits their Giving to Facebook for the Transactions

Tiger May 29 2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu3 (Post 6072194)
Who else agrees? think about all these restrictions FB is putting on Farm Town There is going to have to come a time Farm Town goes Solo and Cut the Profits their Giving to Facebook for the Transactions

Hi Stu3,

I moved your post to general feedback where a discussion will be allowed.

The facebook bug that is affecting FT is also affecting many other games. I would expect that they would prefer not to lose any revenue gained from games on FB. They are working on the problem.

firegold flames May 30 2016 07:50 AM

If Farm town closes , everyone will upset , our admin/mods will tell us about the announcements , the rest i leave Tiger to explain . In the meantime , let play play play & relax ! Btw i got read your thread title.

SeniorCornwall May 30 2016 10:16 AM

Farmtown Sluggish?

I seem to be crawling around FarmTown in the last few days..... Takes forever to do things around my farms. Have cleared cache, etc....

Anyone else noticing this or am I unique here... If others are seeing it as well I willl assume it is an issue at Slashkey and take a break for a few days while they fix things....

Thanks all

ftjill May 30 2016 11:23 AM

Farm Town has been slow for me too. I'm hoping the devs are getting ready for the June update. :). But it could be face book doing something too.

ftjill

horsecrazy4life May 30 2016 04:02 PM

Farm Town has been slow for me too, yesterday was really bad could not help my neighbor out. What takes me about 15-20 minutes to do all jobs on all of her farms, was taking me 45 minutes and that did not even include completing all farms, I stopped cause I could not take the slowness.