Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Cargo Ships (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626490)

Tiger Feb 28 2024 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmersWife1965 (Post 6574730)
Hello, once your ships have been filled and dispatched, can you get a second set of ships, put them on a separate farm, and also work those the way you did the first batch? I know it was originally only one set of ships, but I am not sure if an update was made to allow us to have a second batch of ships on another farm that worked the same way as the first, and are not just for decoration purposes. Thanks!

Hi FarmersWife1965,

Only one of each colour ship will carry products.
Only one of each colour ship will show in the Seaport Manager if you owned more than one.
If you did buy more the rest would behave as decoration.
When you buy another ship of the same colour, you will see a popup telling you that only one of them can carry products.

The the duplicates when you open them on the farm will just show you the same information for the ships of the same colour.

Example:
If you had a pink ship on farm 1 and farm 2.
You open the one on farm 1 to see what it's doing, when you go to farm 2 and open the same colour ship, it shows you the exact same information, but you only get one lot of products when you unload it from the farm or by using the seaport manager.

FarmersWife1965 Feb 28 2024 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6574738)
Hi FarmersWife1965,

Only one of each colour ship will carry products.
Only one of each colour ship will show in the Seaport Manager if you owned more than one.
If you did buy more the rest would behave as decoration.
When you buy another ship of the same colour, you will see a popup telling you that only one of them can carry products.

The the duplicates when you open them on the farm will just show you the same information for the ships of the same colour.

Example:
If you had a pink ship on farm 1 and farm 2.
You open the one on farm 1 to see what it's doing, when you go to farm 2 and open the same colour ship, it shows you the exact same information, but you only get one lot of products when you unload it from the farm or by using the seaport manager.

Thank you for the info, I appreciate it!

Tiger Feb 28 2024 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmersWife1965 (Post 6574794)
Thank you for the info, I appreciate it!

You're very welcome FarmersWife1965 :)

Karlene Mar 14 2024 12:46 AM

Prepared ship, but when I tried to dispatch it, no containers were ready

Hi,
I have two Farm Town accounts and usually open one in Chrome and the other in Microsoft Edge. I have a set of ships on each account. The ships/containers are synced and I prepare them at the same time. I set two timers and go back and forth between the accounts. This has been working beautifully until this evening.
When I went to dispatch the ship using Chrome, I clicked to look at the Ship's Logbook to check the order of ports, but it told me that the ship was in the home port. When I clicked to return to the containers tab, nothing had been done and the button to prepare the ship was there. I went ahead and dispatched the ship in the Edge window. Then, I went back to Chrome and reloaded the farm. Still nothing done on the containers. So, I clicked to prepare and started again.
I'm not sure what to think, so thought I'd post here.
Thanks for your time.
Karlene

marymarcel Mar 14 2024 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlene (Post 6575706)
Hi,
I have two Farm Town accounts and usually open one in Chrome and the other in Microsoft Edge. I have a set of ships on each account. The ships/containers are synced and I prepare them at the same time. I set two timers and go back and forth between the accounts. This has been working beautifully until this evening.
When I went to dispatch the ship using Chrome, I clicked to look at the Ship's Logbook to check the order of ports, but it told me that the ship was in the home port. When I clicked to return to the containers tab, nothing had been done and the button to prepare the ship was there. I went ahead and dispatched the ship in the Edge window. Then, I went back to Chrome and reloaded the farm. Still nothing done on the containers. So, I clicked to prepare and started again.
I'm not sure what to think, so thought I'd post here.
Thanks for your time.
Karlene

Hi Karlene :)

Thank you for letting us know about your problem, we will see if any other farmer has the same issue or if we can try to reproduce it. Up now non of us had that problem.

aceyducey Mar 15 2024 02:38 PM

Hello: I have been wondering about ship port processing since SK started in May 2023. I will process (clear) all the ships in my port, leave it for an hour or so, then return to process the next batch of arrivals. To my amazement, some ships are there for 6 to 14 hours (true statement), when in fact it's only been and hour or so since I was at my port. Could this be due to time zone differences between Europe, Asia and the USA? Does anyone else have this occurrence? To me, it becomes an embarrassment!!!

marymarcel Mar 15 2024 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceyducey (Post 6575790)
Hello: I have been wondering about ship port processing since SK started in May 2023. I will process (clear) all the ships in my port, leave it for an hour or so, then return to process the next batch of arrivals. To my amazement, some ships are there for 6 to 14 hours (true statement), when in fact it's only been and hour or so since I was at my port. Could this be due to time zone differences between Europe, Asia and the USA? Does anyone else have this occurrence? To me, it becomes an embarrassment!!!

Hi aceyducey :)

I had this issue only once and years ago. It has nothing to do with time zones or all of us living in different countries would have the issue daily.

Please check that your time (AM/PM) and date (year, month, day) in your computer are correct or this kind of problems could happen.

If you continue having problems then please contact Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please include all details about your problem so you can get help faster. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

aceyducey Mar 15 2024 03:31 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, Marymarcel. My date and time on my computer are correct. I just verified it.

marymarcel Mar 15 2024 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceyducey (Post 6575798)
Thanks for the quick reply. My date and time on my computer are correct. I just verified it.

Ok, thanks for checking.

If you get this issue again, then contact Support before loading those ships. :)

KBWolfen Mar 24 2024 08:45 AM

Ship skipping ports

1 Attachment(s)
I logged in today & my brown ship was at port#26 for 4.8 hrs. I was playing the game & noticed the ship was complete. It was about 3 days into its journey. My other account is the last port & I did not advance the ship. Upon closer inspection, it showed 0 wait time for ports 27,28.29, and 30. I also noticed 0 wait time on 18, 19, & 20. I'm not sure why it's skipping ports.

Taz D Mar 24 2024 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBWolfen (Post 6576234)
I logged in today & my brown ship was at port#26 for 4.8 hrs. I was playing the game & noticed the ship was complete. It was about 3 days into its journey. My other account is the last port & I did not advance the ship. Upon closer inspection, it showed 0 wait time for ports 27,28.29, and 30. I also noticed 0 wait time on 18, 19, & 20. I'm not sure why it's skipping ports.

Hi KBWolfen,
I moved your post to the thread about the cargo ships. I am not sure why the ports appear skipped but according to the account data for that ship no ports were skipped and you got the full amount of products.

If you want you can report this to Support to see if they can figure out why they were skipped but were also loaded. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
To contact through the website:

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:

Scooter Apr 06 2024 05:14 PM

I had to stop playing for a while due to horrible internet service. Thankfully, that's better and I'm back! At this point, I own the Orange and the Purple ships. I would like to get others if I can get them working. Last week I loaded and dispatched them both. I asked a neighbor if it was at her port. She said she did not see it. Both ships came back empty.
I have the Purple ship out now, showing at Port #1, same place it's been since this morning. I contracted that port owner today and she said she did not see it.

My USER ID number is: 562338121 Build No: 600 Ships are docked at Farm #24

Thanks!

marymarcel Apr 06 2024 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter (Post 6577142)
I had to stop playing for a while due to horrible internet service. Thankfully, that's better and I'm back! At this point, I own the Orange and the Purple ships. I would like to get others if I can get them working. Last week I loaded and dispatched them both. I asked a neighbor if it was at her port. She said she did not see it. Both ships came back empty.
I have the Purple ship out now, showing at Port #1, same place it's been since this morning. I contracted that port owner today and she said she did not see it.

My USER ID number is: 562338121 Build No: 600 Ships are docked at Farm #24

Thanks!

Hi Scooter :)

I had a look at your data and your Purple ship has been in port 1 for more than 6 hours.
I'm not sure why the port owner is not seeing it.
Did you buy them yourself or someone else purchased them for you?

Please report this to Support but do not skip that port so they can check. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please include all details about your problem so you can get help faster. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

Scooter Apr 07 2024 11:38 AM

Thanks!! Yes, I purchased them.:)

lvlrsSweetPea Apr 19 2024 12:01 PM

Loading individual ships not showing products but Load All does?

Seems that when I click load all I do get a products alert (although I'm not sure I'm getting the amount I should be) but when I click on an individual ship to load it I do not see that I am getting any products?

marymarcel Apr 19 2024 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvlrsSweetPea (Post 6578106)
Seems that when I click load all I do get a products alert (although I'm not sure I'm getting the amount I should be) but when I click on an individual ship to load it I do not see that I am getting any products?

Hi lvlrsSweetPea :)

We tested your problem and we are getting the floating messages about coins and products when loading individual ships.

https://scontent.faep14-3.fna.fbcdn....OQ&oe=6628915A

If you are not seeing that, please run memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm in all tabs you have it open. Then reopen your farms. See if that corrects what you are getting.

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

lvlrsSweetPea Apr 19 2024 05:59 PM

Loading individual ships not showing products but Load All does?

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6578114)

We tested your problem and we are getting the floating messages about coins and products when loading individual ships.

https://scontent.faep14-3.fna.fbcdn....OQ&oe=6628915A

If you are not seeing that, please run memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm in all tabs you have it open. Then reopen your farms. See if that corrects what you are getting.

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Hello - did what you said, the first ship did show products but no other ship is showing it after the first. It does show if I click load all though. How do I know if it's the right number of products? Attaching screen shot of ship after the first one.

marymarcel Apr 19 2024 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvlrsSweetPea (Post 6578178)
Hello - did what you said, the first ship did show products but no other ship is showing it after the first. It does show if I click load all though. How do I know if it's the right number of products? Attaching screen shot of ship after the first one.

After we checked, we continued testing what happened to the ships, and yes, not all of them show the amount of coins and products received after loading them.

Coins are being added no matter the message is not showed up, so maybe it is only a problem with the message not showing up correctly. The only way for you to know if products are added is if you know how much you had stored and how much you got for every product. Im sure as same as the coins they are added correctly to your storage.

Im sending this to the developers. Thanks.

Vivienne57 Apr 20 2024 02:06 AM

Ships

Hi, would just like to know why the times on my ships have changed a lot. I have gone from 4.2 mins per container to 11.2 mins. First it was 9mins and a few seconds, then the next day it want to 10 mins and a few seconds. Now today it's 11.2. I have 4 ships out. I send out a ship every day and I haven't missed a day at all. It is very frustrating. Thanks

marymarcel Apr 20 2024 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivienne57 (Post 6578230)
Hi, would just like to know why the times on my ships have changed a lot. I have gone from 4.2 mins per container to 11.2 mins. First it was 9mins and a few seconds, then the next day it want to 10 mins and a few seconds. Now today it's 11.2. I have 4 ships out. I send out a ship every day and I haven't missed a day at all. It is very frustrating. Thanks

Hi Vivienne :)

The loading time for containers changes according to the amount of ships dispatched over the past 7 days.

You will find all the information about times in the following link from our Game Guide:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...18#post6164118

wiggles1080 Apr 20 2024 07:30 PM

The Shipping Nightmare

I love the game and think the developers are amazing. It's a very player friendly game. I really love that we can have a status when we click on our avatar. I have red people all the time now. lol
I do hope for some changes in how the ships work someday. I have decided to turn mine off indefinitely unless they get a make over. It's very irritating that we can't take non shippers off our itinerary, that # 30 can't be skipped, and that we're allowed to replace our itinerary so many times before we're stuck with whoever is on it (that can be a nightmare!). I've tried using last itinerary...hahaha i will never make THAT mistake again. Anyway, I want to turn my computer off when I go to bed but I have to leave it on to check my stupid ships through out the night. I hate the ships with a passion and will never do them again unless they become, better like the trains, for example. The trains are no problem.

Taz D Apr 20 2024 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiggles1080 (Post 6578402)
I love the game and think the developers are amazing. It's a very player friendly game. I really love that we can have a status when we click on our avatar. I have red people all the time now. lol
I do hope for some changes in how the ships work someday. I have decided to turn mine off indefinitely unless they get a make over. It's very irritating that we can't take non shippers off our itinerary, that # 30 can't be skipped, and that we're allowed to replace our itinerary so many times before we're stuck with whoever is on it (that can be a nightmare!). I've tried using last itinerary...hahaha i will never make THAT mistake again. Anyway, I want to turn my computer off when I go to bed but I have to leave it on to check my stupid ships through out the night. I hate the ships with a passion and will never do them again unless they become, better like the trains, for example. The trains are no problem.

Hi Wiggles,
I moved your post to theHelp & Support thread about the cargo ships to answer you.
You can change your itinerary in the log book and set it to one that works for you. When you are preparing your containers for dispatching your ship for the day, you can replace up to 10 ports. You can also move any of them around that you need to during this time. That means in 3 days time you can replace your entire log book.
If you replace the first ten on day one and get them where you want them in the log book, finish loading your containers and dispatch your ship. I would suggest that at least one of the onesa you replace or move be someone you know plays daily and you know will be able to do your ships in the 30 position, so your ship does not get stuck for days.

When you start preparing your next ship on the second day, click on the Reuse Last Itinerary in the Log book tab. That will show you exactly the log book you set up the day before. Then you replace and move an additional 10 to get them where you want them.
Then when you start the 3rd day's ship you complete replacing any you have left that you think you need to. And every day after when you start your next ship preparation you click on the Reuse Last Itinirary. That way you keep the same group for your ports.
You should not have to leave your computer on to check on your ships at night. Once you get 7 ships in a row dispatched then the times for preparation will be short enough that it will only take a short time to prepare and dispatch them.
If you want to make a suggestion for changing how the ships work please post it in the Suggestions section and not in the General Feedback section.You can not start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion. Before you do though I hope you try what I have listed above to get your ships working properly.

linda2gardner@gmail.com Apr 22 2024 03:43 PM

I have the first 4 overhead cranes; blue, orange, green & Purple. Your instructions say, "Each Overhead Crane owned will enable you to load any ship of the same colour with one click per ship instead of up to 11 clicks per ship.*When you hover over the ship, instead of a black Enter Ship button you will see a blue Load Ship button. Clicking the Load All loads the ship and it it disappears from your seaport."
But I do not get the "Load Ship" for Any Ship? Why did I buy them if they don't work to load ships?

Taz D Apr 22 2024 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linda2gardner@gmail.com (Post 6578546)
I have the first 4 overhead cranes; blue, orange, green & Purple. Your instructions say, "Each Overhead Crane owned will enable you to load any ship of the same colour with one click per ship instead of up to 11 clicks per ship.*When you hover over the ship, instead of a black Enter Ship button you will see a blue Load Ship button. Clicking the Load All loads the ship and it it disappears from your seaport."
But I do not get the "Load Ship" for Any Ship? Why did I buy them if they don't work to load ships?

Hi Linda,
I have looked at your data and only see 3 of the overhead cranes in your storage. You own the orange, green and purple ones. I do not see anywhere that you have bought the blue one. You do have to be trying to load those 3 colors of ships for your neighbors to see the Load Ship button.

If you are not seeing that on those ccolor of ship then try taking that color of crane out of your store=age, putting it on a farm, then click save and close and reopen your farms. Then put it back in your storage and see if the Load Ship is there for that color ship now.

AnnaWalls Apr 23 2024 03:36 PM

Why can't I load a ship that's on it's last stop? I currently have a ship sitting in someone's port for two days now, and thanks to timing, it can sit there for another whole day.

Taz D Apr 23 2024 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaWalls (Post 6578682)
Why can't I load a ship that's on it's last stop? I currently have a ship sitting in someone's port for two days now, and thanks to timing, it can sit there for another whole day.

Hi Anna Walls,
I moved your post from Suggestions to answer you, because you are not making a suggestion, but iare asking a question.
You can not load or skip the last port as that is the rule that the developers set when they started the cargo ships. The only thing I can suggest is when you are preparing future ships make sure you have someone as the last port who is reliably on and playing to be able to get through that port in a timely manner without a long delay.
If you want to make a suggestion to change this please do not put it in the form of a question.

wiggles1080 May 16 2024 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6578406)
Hi Wiggles,
I moved your post to theHelp & Support thread about the cargo ships to answer you.
You can change your itinerary in the log book and set it to one that works for you. When you are preparing your containers for dispatching your ship for the day, you can replace up to 10 ports. You can also move any of them around that you need to during this time. That means in 3 days time you can replace your entire log book.
If you replace the first ten on day one and get them where you want them in the log book, finish loading your containers and dispatch your ship. I would suggest that at least one of the onesa you replace or move be someone you know plays daily and you know will be able to do your ships in the 30 position, so your ship does not get stuck for days.

When you start preparing your next ship on the second day, click on the Reuse Last Itinerary in the Log book tab. That will show you exactly the log book you set up the day before. Then you replace and move an additional 10 to get them where you want them.
Then when you start the 3rd day's ship you complete replacing any you have left that you think you need to. And every day after when you start your next ship preparation you click on the Reuse Last Itinirary. That way you keep the same group for your ports.
You should not have to leave your computer on to check on your ships at night. Once you get 7 ships in a row dispatched then the times for preparation will be short enough that it will only take a short time to prepare and dispatch them.
If you want to make a suggestion for changing how the ships work please post it in the Suggestions section and not in the General Feedback section.You can not start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion. Before you do though I hope you try what I have listed above to get your ships working properly.

Thanks very much for your helpful response Taz. Oh, I didn't mean I leave my computer on so I can check on my own ships, I meant I leave it on so I can click on others ships who are waiting at my port. People tend to get upset if you take too long to click on their ships. I will try all that you suggested and see if that works. But on a few occasions, I did use last itenary and it was awful, it said I picked people I know I never picked. I will try using the suggestion section. :-) Thanks a ton!

Taz D May 17 2024 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiggles1080 (Post 6580874)
Thanks very much for your helpful response Taz. Oh, I didn't mean I leave my computer on so I can check on my own ships, I meant I leave it on so I can click on others ships who are waiting at my port. People tend to get upset if you take too long to click on their ships. I will try all that you suggested and see if that works. But on a few occasions, I did use last itenary and it was awful, it said I picked people I know I never picked. I will try using the suggestion section. :-) Thanks a ton!

Hi Wiggles,
It will not get corrected the way you want it in one ship. You can only replace 10 ports. That means you will have to Use the last Itinerary a couple times in a row and make the changes in it getting it set the way you want. Then continue using that for those to stay in the proper place.

wiggles1080 May 19 2024 04:16 PM

Hi Taz,
I just want to let you know that I tried your suggestion and used last itinery. It worked! Thanks so much! I will continue to make a few suggestions in the right place but thank you so much for your help.
Best, Diane

Joyinlife May 21 2024 09:43 PM

Cargo Ships

Is there a way to speed up ships. I have a list of the farmers that work mine and it is a cumbersome process to get them selected. Even using previous list which I swear always sticks in a slow person so I check against my list.
That said, I have noticed that ships do not appear to progress except very slowly. I started one ship the day before and the next day it had only moved one person over and the last two people had worked theirs in less than 5 minutes.
I have only noticed them being slow the last two weeks. Is there a problem? It has never taken all my ships so long to make it to port.

Taz D May 21 2024 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6581262)
Is there a way to speed up ships. I have a list of the farmers that work mine and it is a cumbersome process to get them selected. Even using previous list which I swear always sticks in a slow person so I check against my list.
That said, I have noticed that ships do not appear to progress except very slowly. I started one ship the day before and the next day it had only moved one person over and the last two people had worked theirs in less than 5 minutes.
I have only noticed them being slow the last two weeks. Is there a problem? It has never taken all my ships so long to make it to port.

Hi Joyinlife,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about cargo ships so I could answer you.. The only way to move your ships along fast is with the Overhead cranes. Having those allows you to self load a certain number of times for each ship type.
Other than that it depends on your neighbors loading them in a timely manner. The only problem would be them not loading the ships. There isn't anything the game can do to move them faster.

ritagermana May 27 2024 10:31 PM

can someone tellmeif the ships stillwork if kept in storage?
thanks

Taz D May 27 2024 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritagermana (Post 6581674)
can someone tellmeif the ships stillwork if kept in storage?
thanks

Hi Ritagermana,
I moved your post to the Help & Support section thread about the cargo ships. Please do not post questions or problems in the Suggestion section as that is only for making suggests to change or add new to the game.
Yes the ships will work in storage, as once you have bought them they stay active.

barbaraelwart May 28 2024 01:55 AM

Hi, I have my ships turned off as I am not on enough to move others ships in good time. A couple of months ago I switched them on because of all the 'passes' that required me to move ships, however this became tedious so I switched them off again around 4 weeks ago. I have one persons ships that still keeps turning up, I have checked and it is definately turned off, I ignore the ships when they are there, but still they come in regularly, how can I sort this please?

Taz D May 28 2024 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaraelwart (Post 6581686)
Hi, I have my ships turned off as I am not on enough to move others ships in good time. A couple of months ago I switched them on because of all the 'passes' that required me to move ships, however this became tedious so I switched them off again around 4 weeks ago. I have one persons ships that still keeps turning up, I have checked and it is definately turned off, I ignore the ships when they are there, but still they come in regularly, how can I sort this please?

Hi Barbaraelwart,
Even though you turn your port off and do not want to do them if those players have you in their log book they will still show up. You can either talk to them to get them to remove you from their list or ignore those ships and they will eventually realize you aren't doing them.