Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Cargo Ships (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626490)

Aussie Rae Aug 01 2023 11:09 PM

ty Marymarcel for the clarification re the overhead cranes.. I thought I was going crazy, lol. Checked the store and the blue one had Buy, then I checked my Storage and I have every single one so just did the memcache and reloaded the farm and yes that annoying little letter box has gone now, :) cheers... ps I just realised the Blue one with Buy is a coin purchase and not a FC one, :)

marymarcel Aug 02 2023 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6557294)
ty Marymarcel for the clarification re the overhead cranes.. I thought I was going crazy, lol. Checked the store and the blue one had Buy, then I checked my Storage and I have every single one so just did the memcache and reloaded the farm and yes that annoying little letter box has gone now, :) cheers... ps I just realised the Blue one with Buy is a coin purchase and not a FC one, :)

You are welcome Aussie Rae, glad we could help :)

mrsdtracy Aug 02 2023 08:49 AM

Reloaders

I had all the reloaders before the Slashkey transfer of the game. I even have used them since. However, this a.m. it says I must have all of them again before I can send all ships in my port at once. Help!

Taz D Aug 02 2023 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdtracy (Post 6557342)
I had all the reloaders before the Slashkey transfer of the game. I even have used them since. However, this a.m. it says I must have all of them again before I can send all ships in my port at once. Help!

Hi mrsdtracy,
I moved your post to the thread about the Cargo Ships.
No you do not have to buy them again.

If you are seeing the blue mailbox on the left side of your game screen, then the pop up about cranes is showed up when you try to use the Load All.

When you see that mailbox, you have to reload the game and then all should be back to normal again. If it isn't try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.

For clearing from Slashkey:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

Joyinlife Aug 02 2023 11:08 PM

I do not have trouble with trains as much as ships. How do you handle the time worked? It certainly is not accurate.

Taz D Aug 02 2023 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6557426)
I do not have trouble with trains as much as ships. How do you handle the time worked? It certainly is not accurate.

Hi Joyinlife,
You can either wait for the pop up to tell you it is ready or you can time it out yourself. The timer for that usually shows a couple extra minutes longer but the pop up shows as long as you have not changed farms.

Vivienne57 Aug 03 2023 12:23 AM

Thank you :)

Vivienne57 Aug 03 2023 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6557150)
Hi Vivienne57,

No you do not have to buy them again. When you dispatch a ship again, you will get to use the self load/skip again.

You can not self load or skip your last port if your ship got stuck there, so always put someone reliable on that last port.

Information on the overhead cranes is in this post in the game guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...94#post6337494

Thank you Taz :)

Sweet Peas Aug 04 2023 07:50 AM

Missing an Overhead Crane

I logged in today to load all ships and found I'm missing an overhead crane. I had them all.

Tiger Aug 04 2023 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Peas (Post 6557746)
I logged in today to load all ships and found I'm missing an overhead crane. I had them all.

Hi Sweet Peas,

I have moved your post to the Cargo Ships thread as those overhead cranes as used on ship. Your overhead cranes are not missing.

Open your game preferences and hide everything like show crops, show trees etc and ONLY show Tools.

Then go to your farm 24 called Made in the USA and you will see them all at the bottom of the farm. You need to put ALL of your tools including the Tower Crane and Gifting Machine that is there into your storage so that you can use them from your toolbox when on any of your farms.

If you have any other tools out on other farms make sure that you also store those.

3friends Aug 14 2023 06:17 AM

seaport manager

how do i change friends in seaport manager i have a friend that dosen't play she is number 30 so i cant skip her

Tiger Aug 14 2023 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3friends (Post 6559114)
how do i change friends in seaport manager i have a friend that dosen't play she is number 30 so i cant skip her

Hi 3friends,

You can replace up to 10 farmers on your ships logbook and also change the order of the famers on it during the time that you are preparing containers on a ship and before you dispatch it.

All the details for ships are in Chapter 32 Ships, here's the link to that Chapter:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

If you only want the post about changing the Ships Itinerary (Logbook) please click on this link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...26#post6135726

The ship currently stuck at port 30 will return home automatically once 7 days has passed since you dispatched it.

We recommend that you put someone that is likely to check for ships often at port 30.

Southern_Wolf Aug 15 2023 04:37 AM

Cargo Ships

I have a blue cargo ship but can't locate it on my farm. Would you please check this our for me?

Tiger Aug 15 2023 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern_Wolf (Post 6559258)
I have a blue cargo ship but can't locate it on my farm. Would you please check this our for me?

Hi Southern_Wolf,

It doesn't look like you own the blue one anymore, that may be due to having sold or deleted it on purpose or by mistake. We do not have data on when any coin items are sold or deleted so we can't tell you when that might have happened.

If you still want to display one on your farms, you could buy another one for coins. However you do not need to do this if all you want to do is use the ship to bring you products. As you owned it previously, you can still prepare the containers on it and dispatch and unload it using the Seaport Manager.

Open your Seaport Manager and if you are not seeing the blue ship, click on the red eye top right and then add a check mark in the box for the blue one and it should then show up for you to use.

trina531 Aug 16 2023 07:24 PM

I have read the directions to disable my ships since I will be gone for a few weeks. I did what it said to do using the wrench. I came back on later today and the check mark next to ships was checked again. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! GG

Taz D Aug 16 2023 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trina531 (Post 6559438)
I have read the directions to disable my ships since I will be gone for a few weeks. I did what it said to do using the wrench. I came back on later today and the check mark next to ships was checked again. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! GG

Hi Trina,
What you are disabling is your port not your ships. Your ships that are dispatched will continue moving through until they are completed or the 7 days are up and they return.
Any ships sent to you prior to you disabling your port can end up in your port if the disabling was not in time before they got there or if the owner skipped/self loaded the previous port before yours.
All the check mark is showing is whether your ships are visible or not to yourself. It has nothing to do with your port being disabled.

Southern_Wolf Aug 18 2023 04:04 AM

Cargo Ships

Hi Taz, I have a blue cargo ship but cannot locate it on my farms. It functions as it should but just can't find it. Can you help?

Tiger Aug 18 2023 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern_Wolf (Post 6559530)
Hi Taz, I have a blue cargo ship but cannot locate it on my farms. It functions as it should but just can't find it. Can you help?

Hi Southern_Wolf,

Taz is not available at this time.

As we mentioned in our reply to your last post about this, we were unable to locate your blue cargo ship, that may be due to having sold or deleted it on purpose or by mistake. We do not have data on when any coin items are sold or deleted so we can't tell you when that might have happened.

If you still want to display one on your farms rather than just use if from your seaport manager, you could buy another one for coins.

kadin.nguyen@uky.edu Sep 07 2023 07:54 PM

How do you stop the ships and manager seaport completely?

Taz D Sep 07 2023 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadin.nguyen@uky.edu (Post 6561170)
How do you stop the ships and manager seaport completely?

Hi Kadin,
In your preferences (wrench at the top right) is a check box that says Enable ships. You uncheck that and it will disable your port and ships. You may still get a few as they have already been dispatched with your port in the logbook.

kadin.nguyen@uky.edu Sep 08 2023 12:59 AM

Is there a way to disable the Seaport Manager? I do not want to spend all the time on the ships. Thank you

Tiger Sep 08 2023 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadin.nguyen@uky.edu (Post 6561186)
Is there a way to disable the Seaport Manager? I do not want to spend all the time on the ships. Thank you

Hi kadin.nguyen,

Your first post about this was answered. Please click on this link to go to it to read the reply:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...78#post6561178

One thing to consider before you decide what to do, is that if you are participating in Farm Pass that when you no longer have your port open and are not receiving ships from farmers that it does not prevent you getting any ship goals, so you would have rely on completing other goals to earn your points for any rewards.

farmerKBW Sep 17 2023 11:59 AM

Not getting notifications that ship's containers are done

This has been happening lately with every ship.

When I am at work on my own farm, and I start to prepare a ship, I am not always getting the notifications that my containers are done.
Sometimes I'm getting them, but often, I'm not.

I understand that, if I leave my farm, like to work for a SuperNeighbor, the notifications will stop. Usually, if I'm going to be working for the same SN for a while, if I open up my ship and prepare the next container, the notifications will begin again until I move to another farm - but, it also often stops notifying me when the containers are ready if I'm on the same SN farm, too, for a long time, and I prepare containers from that farm.

I just don't understand why I'm not getting the notifications when I begin to prepare a ship when I'm on my own farm, don't leave my farm for a long time, and am actively planting, harvesting, or decorating my farm. Does the game not know that I'm on my farm? I do also find that I'm getting "time out" messages when I'm planting - the game telling me that I've been inactive when I'm not inactive, I'm planting. Is that not considered activity? Is that why I'm not getting notifications about the ship containers?

It's just annoying, because I'm busy with facilities or planting, and I lose track of time, but it occurs to me that it's been more than 15 minutes and I should have prepared several containers by then (because of FP, I do my ships every day, so there's never more than roughly 6 minutes in between containers).

I haven't seen anyone else post anything about not getting notifications about their containers, so I'm not sure if it's just me or what.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

BTW, if I don't see your replies right away, it's because my personal email keeps sending those notifications to my junk mail even though I have noted that this is not junk mail over and over.

Kelly (KBW)
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...9172&farm_ix=0

Taz D Sep 17 2023 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmerKBW (Post 6562190)
This has been happening lately with every ship.

When I am at work on my own farm, and I start to prepare a ship, I am not always getting the notifications that my containers are done.
Sometimes I'm getting them, but often, I'm not.

I understand that, if I leave my farm, like to work for a SuperNeighbor, the notifications will stop. Usually, if I'm going to be working for the same SN for a while, if I open up my ship and prepare the next container, the notifications will begin again until I move to another farm - but, it also often stops notifying me when the containers are ready if I'm on the same SN farm, too, for a long time, and I prepare containers from that farm.

I just don't understand why I'm not getting the notifications when I begin to prepare a ship when I'm on my own farm, don't leave my farm for a long time, and am actively planting, harvesting, or decorating my farm. Does the game not know that I'm on my farm? I do also find that I'm getting "time out" messages when I'm planting - the game telling me that I've been inactive when I'm not inactive, I'm planting. Is that not considered activity? Is that why I'm not getting notifications about the ship containers?

It's just annoying, because I'm busy with facilities or planting, and I lose track of time, but it occurs to me that it's been more than 15 minutes and I should have prepared several containers by then (because of FP, I do my ships every day, so there's never more than roughly 6 minutes in between containers).

I haven't seen anyone else post anything about not getting notifications about their containers, so I'm not sure if it's just me or what.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

BTW, if I don't see your replies right away, it's because my personal email keeps sending those notifications to my junk mail even though I have noted that this is not junk mail over and over.

Kelly (KBW)
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...9172&farm_ix=0

Hi Kelly,
If you leave the individual farm you are on when you start the preparation of a container, then you will not get the notifications. It only works if you stay on one farm while you are preparing them.

jmickeydee53 Sep 21 2023 07:00 AM

Ship container loading time

This week my ship containers are taking between 10 and 12 minutes to load. I have 4 ships dispatched and one loading now. Usually takes between 4.5 and 6 minutes. Is this issue known and being worked on?

Tiger Sep 21 2023 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmickeydee53 (Post 6562546)
This week my ship containers are taking between 10 and 12 minutes to load. I have 4 ships dispatched and one loading now. Usually takes between 4.5 and 6 minutes. Is this issue known and being worked on?

Hi jmickeydee53,

The time it takes to load a container depends not only on the colour of the ship but also on how many ships you have dispatched in the last 7 days. To get the quickest times on each ship you need to dispatch one every day.

When you don't have at least 6 ships showing on the dispatch list the entire time that you are preparing a new ship that can mean you have a slower preparation time.

At the time of this post we are seeing you have 5 ships on your dispatch list. You are preparing the green ship which means your preparation time is not the shortest one possible for that ship so it's correct.

If you have not prepared all the containers on your green ship by the time another one drops from the dispatch list you will see the time change to a longer one again.

How to check the ships you have dispatched and all the container preparations times are listed in the Game Guide Chapter 32 Ship. If you want to see that specific post clicking on the following link will take you there:

https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...18#post6164118

dnreynolds Sep 28 2023 10:55 AM

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but it's something I haven't seen before, and cannot find anything here in the forum. I currently have three ships sailing .. and there is one "port" showing as completed but it's several ports ahead of the current one. For example .. my Green ship is sitting at port # 19 but port # 23 shows completed and is highlighted in pink. This same situation is occurring on the Green, Purple, and Blue ships with the "completed" port several ports ahead of the current port.

Thanks, Dottie :)

Taz D Sep 28 2023 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnreynolds (Post 6563254)
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but it's something I haven't seen before, and cannot find anything here in the forum. I currently have three ships sailing .. and there is one "port" showing as completed but it's several ports ahead of the current one. For example .. my Green ship is sitting at port # 19 but port # 23 shows completed and is highlighted in pink. This same situation is occurring on the Green, Purple, and Blue ships with the "completed" port several ports ahead of the current port.

Thanks, Dottie :)

Hi Dottie,
The port highlighted in pink means that person has closed their port by disabling it in their preferences. It does not mean the port has completed. When the preceding port is completed then it will skip to the next available port beyond the pink one. You will not get anything added from the disabled port.

It may be temporary while they are away or permanent. You will need to contact them to know for sure.
You can find this information in the Game Guide chapter 32 about ships:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

dnreynolds Sep 28 2023 11:27 AM

Thanks Taz
I'm learning about these ships

Jungle Ed Oct 07 2023 06:19 PM

Ships not unloading

My ship is stuck at home port. Wont let me unload ship. Last ship at port won't load either.

marymarcel Oct 07 2023 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jungle Ed (Post 6563978)
My ship is stuck at home port. Wont let me unload ship. Last ship at port won't load either.

Hi Jungle Ed :)

I moved your post to the thread about Cargo Ships.

Please try the memcache link. Click in the link below, a new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and log out of the website. Then log in again and see if you can unload the ship.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If the problem continues, then contact Support team. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please include all details about your problem so you can get help faster. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

smilie224 Oct 17 2023 04:16 AM

Ships skipping ports

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning!
This has been happening for quite a while. I read through the last few pages of forum posts in this area, and I don't see others mentioning it, even though I have heard this is happening to others as well.

My ships have regularly been skipping many, many ports after the first person sends along the ship. Typically it's about 12-17 ports. This is, of course, great to get my ship back sooner ;-) but I also am concerned that so many of my neighbors that regularly help me out are missing out on products.

Is this a known bug (didn't see it posted as known items), or should I submit a support ticket? Or is there anything I can maybe do? I do re-use my itineraries regularly if that makes a difference. Just wondering if I should re-arrange my itineraries more every now and then ... or if it's something that is expected to continue.

I am attaching a screenshot to show what it does. This has been happening for a few (if not several?) weeks:

Tiger Oct 17 2023 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smilie224 (Post 6565298)
Good morning!
This has been happening for quite a while. I read through the last few pages of forum posts in this area, and I don't see others mentioning it, even though I have heard this is happening to others as well.

My ships have regularly been skipping many, many ports after the first person sends along the ship. Typically it's about 12-17 ports. This is, of course, great to get my ship back sooner ;-) but I also am concerned that so many of my neighbors that regularly help me out are missing out on products.

Is this a known bug (didn't see it posted as known items), or should I submit a support ticket? Or is there anything I can maybe do? I do re-use my itineraries regularly if that makes a difference. Just wondering if I should re-arrange my itineraries more every now and then ... or if it's something that is expected to continue.

I am attaching a screenshot to show what it does. This has been happening for a few (if not several?) weeks:

Hi smilie224,

Was this your yellow ship, that is currently dispatched? Is it always happening after port 1 loads your ship and on any ship or only with specific colour ships?
Do you recall if your ship is normally at port one for a long time before the port owner loads it for you?

Try clearing your FT memcache and see if that makes any difference with the next ship you dispatch and port 1 loads it. To do that, make sure that you are logged into the website then Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload.

While you are still logged into the website please also contact the Support team about this. If you have noticed any other common factors when this happens with your ships please include those details in your ticket.

To contact support, click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
If you have any problems finding the automated response to your ticket, please click on the following link for instructions to help you with that: Support Issues - how to find their replies.

smilie224 Oct 18 2023 03:04 AM

Thank you! To answer your questions, yes it happened with that yellow ship yesterday. It happens with all the different ships and not just yellow. I followed all steps suggested above. Super ironic this morning, it only skipped one port instead of several. But I know that 2nd person was not online at the time I did it today. I submitted ticket anyway since it did happen with at least the one port skipping- we shall see. I appreciate the assistance.

piscesfem Oct 19 2023 10:26 AM

I have all 7 ships, but can only see 2 (blue & yellow) on my farm (35) I was looking to move them all to this farm, but can't find them anywhere?? They are not in storage, and all showing fine in my seaport manager....this hasn't had any affect on playing the game, but can someone have a look and tell me where they are?

Taz D Oct 19 2023 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piscesfem (Post 6565466)
I have all 7 ships, but can only see 2 (blue & yellow) on my farm (35) I was looking to move them all to this farm, but can't find them anywhere?? They are not in storage, and all showing fine in my seaport manager....this hasn't had any affect on playing the game, but can someone have a look and tell me where they are?

Hi piscesfem,
The only 2 ships I see on your farms or in your storage are the yellow and blue ones. Either you sold the others or they disappeared. We do not have data on coin item sales. You only had to buy them once for them to work through the manager so you do have access and can use them through the manager.
They are only for coins so you can repurchase the missing ones and place them on your farms if you wish to have them there.

piscesfem Oct 19 2023 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6565470)
Hi piscesfem,
The only 2 ships I see on your farms or in your storage are the yellow and blue ones. Either you sold the others or they disappeared. We do not have data on coin item sales. You only had to buy them once for them to work through the manager so you do have access and can use them through the manager.
They are only for coins so you can repurchase the missing ones and place them on your farms if you wish to have them there.

Thanx for checking!

No issue buying again, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going mad :)

Joyinlife Oct 19 2023 07:01 PM

Ships

There is a major problem with ships. I keep having to reload them. It is like there is no memory of the ship prior to the shp I put out. A lot of times I have to wait 48 hours instead of 24 or I lose my products too soon. It is very frustrating.

Taz D Oct 19 2023 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6565598)
There is a major problem with ships. I keep having to reload them. It is like there is no memory of the ship prior to the shp I put out. A lot of times I have to wait 48 hours instead of 24 or I lose my products too soon. It is very frustrating.

Hi Joyinlife,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about the cargo ships.
You have 24 hours from the time you start the preparation until you dispatch the ship. If you do not dispatch it in that alloted time then you have to start over preparing the containers. Those are the rules.

amanda1955 Oct 30 2023 06:23 PM

sick of the ships taking much longer than it says like was away for 2 days didn't close ships but yes so when started them back a bit longer understand that but like 10 minutes should be 10 minutes not any longer than that which is happening. just checked started off as 10.9 when did next one 15.9 cone off you need to get rids of the timing , not on