Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Plowing, Seeding Or Harvesting (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594618)

Franny2 Aug 13 2022 10:11 AM

Thanks, Marymarcel, I, too, don't understand why you see different XP amounts. I have done nothing to add to my XP, restarted FT, restarted my browser, cleared cache, and I am still showing 5,791,528,531 which is quite a bit less than what you are seeing.

Taz D Aug 13 2022 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franny2 (Post 6502290)
Thanks, Marymarcel, I, too, don't understand why you see different XP amounts. I have done nothing to add to my XP, restarted FT, restarted my browser, cleared cache, and I am still showing 5,791,528,531 which is quite a bit less than what you are seeing. So, how do I contact the support team?

Hi Franny,
To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

George Blender Aug 14 2022 02:58 AM

Can't plant trees, when there are crops already growing

Hi,
how can i plant trees, when there are crops already growing?
After disableing the "show-crops" there is no chance to plant anything there, few months ago it was no problem to plant flowers and trees...

marymarcel Aug 14 2022 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Blender (Post 6502446)
Hi,
how can i plant trees, when there are crops already growing?
After disableing the "show-crops" there is no chance to plant anything there, few months ago it was no problem to plant flowers and trees...

Hi George Blender :)

Im sorry but that is a trick and nobody can post the instructions on the forum.

LisaScobee Aug 16 2022 03:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is happening again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6501998)
Hi LisaScobee,
Please report this to Support.

To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Taz D Aug 16 2022 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6502598)
This is happening again

Hi LisaScobee,
As I said before please contact Support. If you have already contacted them then reply to them as there isn't anything else we can do through the forums to help with this.

qbee817 Aug 18 2022 12:25 PM

Harvesting

I'm sure this is a simple answer, but I can't find how to do it. I clicked on something to where my farm disappears when I'm harvesting. Only the crops that are ready to harvest show up. I don't like this feature and I can't find how to change it back. TIA

Taz D Aug 18 2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbee817 (Post 6502794)
I'm sure this is a simple answer, but I can't find how to do it. I clicked on something to where my farm disappears when I'm harvesting. Only the crops that are ready to harvest show up. I don't like this feature and I can't find how to change it back. TIA

Hi qbee,
I moved your post to the thread about harvesting.
When you are holding your harvest tool look down in the lower right corner for the eye. When it is red all other items are hidden. When it is black everything is shown. Click on that to change it.

qbee817 Aug 18 2022 12:43 PM

Thank you for your help.

Ravenswing Aug 29 2022 12:49 PM

This might not be the exact right thread to put this in, but. I have a recurring problem the last several days. I have the "red" sprinkler, bought with Farm Cash, that when used halves the growing time of crops. For about the sixth time now in the last few days, I'm finding that when used on Chia to halve growing time to 2.5 days, when inspecting the farm at that time, the tool's effect seems to have reverted. Being an expensive tool, I'd like it if the bug was investigated and fixed.

marymarcel Aug 29 2022 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenswing (Post 6504150)
This might not be the exact right thread to put this in, but. I have a recurring problem the last several days. I have the "red" sprinkler, bought with Farm Cash, that when used halves the growing time of crops. For about the sixth time now in the last few days, I'm finding that when used on Chia to halve growing time to 2.5 days, when inspecting the farm at that time, the tool's effect seems to have reverted. Being an expensive tool, I'd like it if the bug was investigated and fixed.

Hi Ravenswing :)

I visited your farms and some of them have chia at different growing states.

But farms 3 and 4 are showing chia growing in 2.4 days which it is correct as the crops have been irrigated. Are you seeing the same?

Im not sure which farms you can see the time reverts when you irrigate them as the only ones recently planted and irrigates are farms 3 and 4.

If you get the problem again, please let us know as soon as possible so we can check on this.

RIAP27 Sep 01 2022 06:10 PM

I have a question I cannot find the answer to.
When it comes to wasted crops and plowing them under. I see that if you do this yourself on your farm, even if you are sowing another crop as you do so it subtracts coins.
My SN says if she comes to my farm and has to plow under wasted crops it subracts coin from her acct. She usually is not sowing at the same time as I sow using my 2nd acct. When I used my 2nd acct to plow under and sow I earned coins on that acct.
Now the question is if there was no sowing going on, and just plowing under dead crops would my 2nd account lose coins?
My SN won't plow under crops that waste on mine if I forget to irrigate because she says she loses coins.
Can someone straighten out for us how it is supposed it be?

Taz D Sep 01 2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIAP27 (Post 6504534)
I have a question I cannot find the answer to.
When it comes to wasted crops and plowing them under. I see that if you do this yourself on your farm, even if you are sowing another crop as you do so it subtracts coins.
My SN says if she comes to my farm and has to plow under wasted crops it subracts coin from her acct. She usually is not sowing at the same time as I sow using my 2nd acct. When I used my 2nd acct to plow under and sow I earned coins on that acct.
Now the question is if there was no sowing going on, and just plowing under dead crops would my 2nd account lose coins?
My SN won't plow under crops that waste on mine if I forget to irrigate because she says she loses coins.
Can someone straighten out for us how it is supposed it be?

Hi Riap,
She should not be losing coins in either case. If she is working on your farm as SN she should be getting paid coins for plowing from you.

Coins would only be subtracted from you for their plowing and for them to replant your crops.
You can find that information in the Game Guide chapter 9 about hiring:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222

RIAP27 Sep 01 2022 06:46 PM

Thanks Taz but just a clarification
In the guide is says this
Plowing fields: Hiring a neighbour would give the best benefit for lowing. You will receive 1 XP for each plot that is plowed no matter who does the plowing. Below explains the difference between doing it yourself or hiring neighbours or strangers.
Do it yourself - will cost 20 coins per plot to plow.

Neighbours, Super Neighbours, Friends - will cost 10 coins per plot to plow.

Strangers - will cost 15 coins per plot to plow.

[COLOR="purple"]Is this for plowing NEW plots?
[/color]

Taz D Sep 01 2022 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIAP27 (Post 6504546)
Thanks Taz but just a clarification
In the guide is says this
Plowing fields: Hiring a neighbour would give the best benefit for lowing. You will receive 1 XP for each plot that is plowed no matter who does the plowing. Below explains the difference between doing it yourself or hiring neighbours or strangers.

Strangers - will cost 15 coins per plot to plow.

[COLOR="purple"]Is this for plowing NEW plots?
[/color]

Hi Riap,
As the owner you have to pay the coins for the plowing. How much you pay depends on who you hire. That would be for plowing existing plots that have been harvested or wasted and new plots.

RIAP27 Sep 01 2022 07:00 PM

Plowing wasted crops

Yes, I understand that, but if my SN comes over and plows under wasted crops she should not be losing coin but gaining 5 per plot, correct? She says she loses coin when she plows under my wasted crops on both my accts. We are lanning an experiment tomorrow and I told her to watch carefully to be sure it really is subtracting and not adding when she does my farms.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6504554)
Hi Riap,
As the owner you have to pay the coins for the plowing. How much you pay depends on who you hire. That would be for plowing existing plots that have been harvested or wasted and new plots.

Taz D Sep 01 2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIAP27 (Post 6504562)
Yes, I understand that, but if my SN comes over and plows under wasted crops she should not be losing coin but gaining 5 per plot, correct? She says she loses coin when she plows under my wasted crops on both my accts. We are lanning an experiment tomorrow and I told her to watch carefully to be sure it really is subtracting and not adding when she does my farms.

Hi Riap,
No she should not be losing coins. If she still is then she will need to contact Support.

RIAP27 Sep 01 2022 07:26 PM

Thanks Taz,
I will let my SN know and will see what happens tomorrow eve when she plows my dead leeks. Then we will work it out from there.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6504566)
Hi Riap,
No she should not be losing coins. If she still is then she will need to contact Support.

jeannettemann Sep 11 2022 05:47 PM

Planting extended farms

My concern is, why extend your farm and when you start to plant items and reach close to the end of 42x42 and you get the message (You can't plant here, find another place) What am I doing wrong?? I have this farm and spent millions of coins and all this empty space.. Help me find my errors, plzzz.
I have been playing since, 2009.
Thanks, Jeannette Mann

Taz D Sep 11 2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeannettemann (Post 6507458)
My concern is, why extend your farm and when you start to plant items and reach close to the end of 42x42 and you get the message (You can't plant here, find another place) What am I doing wrong?? I have this farm and spent millions of coins and all this empty space.. Help me find my errors, plzzz.
I have been playing since, 2009.
Thanks, Jeannette Mann

Hi Jeannettemann,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about crops.

How much else do you have on that farm? To be able to plow new plots on that farm you have to have clear space to do so. If you have something else in that area then you can not create plots in the same space.
As you have asked before about layering then I am guessing you are trying to do the same thing and we can not provide any instructions through the forums for that.

LisaScobee Oct 12 2022 07:52 PM

Trees

When I load the game and check to see if I need to harvest anything it says I have trees ready on two farms but when I go to those farms there's no work.

Taz D Oct 12 2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6512878)
When I load the game and check to see if I need to harvest anything it says I have trees ready on two farms but when I go to those farms there's no work.

Hi LisaScobee,
I moved you post to the thread about harvesting.
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

LisaScobee Oct 12 2022 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6512882)
Hi LisaScobee,
I moved you post to the thread about harvesting.
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Already done that before I posted. Sorry you had to move the post. Couldn't figure out where to put it. It's #4 and #5 farm.

Taz D Oct 12 2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6512886)
Already done that before I posted. Sorry you had to move the post. Couldn't figure out where to put it. It's #4 and #5 farm.

Hi LisaScobee,
What are looking at to see that the trees are ready?
Make sure your computer date and time are correct because the game uses that for the timings.

LisaScobee Oct 12 2022 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6512894)
Hi LisaScobee,
What are looking at to see that the trees are ready?
Make sure your computer date and time are correct because the game uses that for the timings.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/attach...1&d=1665623236

Computer date and time are correct.

Taz D Oct 12 2022 08:16 PM

Hi Lisa what I see on those farms are trees that will all be ready in 7.1 hours. As I said check your date/time setting of your computer and make sure those are right. It could be that those were incorrect the last time you harvested those trees when the farms came back up yesterday.

LisaScobee Oct 12 2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6512918)
Hi Lisa what I see on those farms are trees that will all be ready in 7.1 hours. As I said check your date/time setting of your computer and make sure those are right. It could be that those were incorrect the last time you harvested those trees when the farms came back up yesterday.

I've double and triple checked the computer as well as recently updated it. I haven't changed ANY settings other than to start the windows update download. I'm pretty much done for the night as this is "supposed" to be relaxing for me and it's not.

Taz D Oct 12 2022 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6512922)
I've double and triple checked the computer as well as recently updated it. I haven't changed ANY settings other than to start the windows update download. I'm pretty much done for the night as this is "supposed" to be relaxing for me and it's not.

Hi LisaScobee,
If the time was incorrect when you did those trees last night as they are all 1 day trees that were at 7 hours, then that would throw the timing off. It will correct after you harvest them again tomorrow.

LisaScobee Oct 12 2022 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6512926)
Hi LisaScobee,
If the time was incorrect when you did those trees last night as they are all 1 day trees that were at 7 hours, then that would throw the timing off. It will correct after you harvest them again tomorrow.

As I said previously, I haven't touched a setting on this PC except to initiate a windows update download/install.

Taz D Oct 12 2022 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6512930)
As I said previously, I haven't touched a setting on this PC except to initiate a windows update download/install.

Hi LisaScobee,
You do not have to touch any setting on your computer. It has a battery to keep the time correct and if that doesn't then the computer synchronizes the time over the internet. However if the battery gets weak then the time may be off for a time before the computer resets it.

The only thing you can do is wait until when you harvest those trees again and it should reset the counter for them.

Zany Clover Oct 16 2022 10:54 AM

My farm 30 is a well established farm; I had someone harvest & plow the last crop but noticed it wasn't plowed. Used the combine to harvest-plow-plant & it looked fine until I reloaded. Now Farm Stats is still showing 7,035 harvested, 19,558 hop - but you can see no crops ready. I cleaned Firefox's cache twice and used memcache cleaner twice. Neither got rid of the problem. I've never had any problems with this farm. http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl..._id=1333066639 I posted two pics on my facebk page at about 10-16-22 10:40am CDT- one showing outer part plowed; then reload showing same part unplowed. Tks for the help ;) -- Shirley Hancock - Zany Clover.

Zany Clover Oct 16 2022 11:04 AM

Oh dear...went to edit a problem statement here but now don't see it so will start over. Farm 30 is a well-established farm. Someone harvested & was supposed to plow but when I came back, it wasn't plowed. Farm Stats reads: 7,035 harvested; 19,558 hop ready - but no crops are visible. I used the combine anyway to harv, plow, replant - & looked fine; reloaded only to find unplowed ground. Cleaned Firefox's cache twice & ran memcache cleaned twice. Plowed the area outside the flower design - single plots that then showed as being plowed; posted pic on my facebk wall. Reloaded farm & they'd reverted to unplowed; posted pics about 10:40 am 10-16-22 CDT. Tks for helping as I don't know anything else to do. Shirley - Zany Clover

Tiger Oct 16 2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zany Clover (Post 6513794)
My farm 30 is a well established farm; I had someone harvest & plow the last crop but noticed it wasn't plowed. Used the combine to harvest-plow-plant & it looked fine until I reloaded. Now Farm Stats is still showing 7,035 harvested, 19,558 hop - but you can see no crops ready. I cleaned Firefox's cache twice and used memcache cleaner twice. Neither got rid of the problem. I've never had any problems with this farm. http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl..._id=1333066639 I posted two pics on my facebk page at about 10-16-22 10:40am CDT- one showing outer part plowed; then reload showing same part unplowed. Tks for the help ;) -- Shirley Hancock - Zany Clover.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zany Clover (Post 6513798)
Oh dear...went to edit a problem statement here but now don't see it so will start over. Farm 30 is a well-established farm. Someone harvested & was supposed to plow but when I came back, it wasn't plowed. Farm Stats reads: 7,035 harvested; 19,558 hop ready - but no crops are visible. I used the combine anyway to harv, plow, replant - & looked fine; reloaded only to find unplowed ground. Cleaned Firefox's cache twice & ran memcache cleaned twice. Plowed the area outside the flower design - single plots that then showed as being plowed; posted pic on my facebk wall. Reloaded farm & they'd reverted to unplowed; posted pics about 10:40 am 10-16-22 CDT. Tks for helping as I don't know anything else to do. Shirley - Zany Clover

Hi Zany Clover,

We are sorry that we have been unable to respond sooner.

When fields won't stay plowed it usually means that they were layered, that may have been intentional or accidental.
What you will need to do is delete all the plots that won't plow, ones that are showing harvested, then reload and see if another crop shows up after deleting those. If it doesn't you are better off deleting all of the fields, reload then delete any more that show up until there are no more showing, then plow new fields.

Zany Clover Oct 17 2022 10:25 AM

Thanks, Tiger

treehstn Nov 07 2022 01:19 AM

Plowing xp for person hiring strangers

Hi,

If I hire strangers in the marketplace to harvest/plow do I get xp for that? If not, what is the advantage to hiring anyone?

Thank you!

Tiger Nov 07 2022 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treehstn (Post 6517806)
Hi,

If I hire strangers in the marketplace to harvest/plow do I get xp for that? If not, what is the advantage to hiring anyone?

Thank you!

Hi treehstn,

You both get XP.

You can read up about Hiring in Chapter 9 of the Game Guide. It's worth reading that Chapter not only for what the benefits you get from hiring others, but also the different options on how fuel and tools can be used as well as any benefits to yourself when you get hired. Please click on this link to be taken to that Chapter if you would like to check those out:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222

treehstn Nov 07 2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6517818)
Hi treehstn,

You both get XP.

You can read up about Hiring in Chapter 9 of the Game Guide. It's worth reading that Chapter not only for what the benefits you get from hiring others, but also the different options on how fuel and tools can be used as well as any benefits to yourself when you get hired. Please click on this link to be taken to that Chapter if you would like to check those out:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222

I did read that. But if you look at the text it says you get 1xp for hiring a neighbor. Doesn't say anything about SN or people from the marketplace. But I think that's because I missed the part where it says "no matter who does the plowing."

"Plowing fields: Hiring a neighbour would give the best benefit for lowing. You will receive 1 XP for each plot that is plowed no matter who does the plowing. Below explains the difference between doing it yourself or hiring neighbours or strangers.

Strangers - will cost 15 coins per plot to plow."

dairyman Nov 12 2022 04:33 PM

if the plows are solar powered, why am i being charged for the use in my own farm?
the coins just keep going away as i plow.

Tiger Nov 12 2022 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dairyman (Post 6518910)
if the plows are solar powered, why am i being charged for the use in my own farm?
the coins just keep going away as i plow.

Hi dairyman,

Solar-Powered means that they don't use Fuel when plowing.

Plowing always costs coins:
  • doing it yourself - will cost 20 coins per plot.
  • Neighbours, Super Neighbours, Friends - will cost 10 coins per plot.
  • Strangers you hired at the marketplace - will cost 15 coins per plot.

jcloud5078 Nov 13 2022 11:05 PM

can't harvest crops

what is wrong with the platform now? it started earlier this evening when i had to hide trees and crops to harvest my layered fields.... and just now i can't harvest anything??? can you please figure out and fix this since i don't want to lose even more crops than i have already........